Lazada issues getting worse

Kenny202

They do seem to be good....as long as there are no problems. Seems to be very little done as far as enforcing sellers honesty also. Had another issue with a travel bag. Clearly not the dimensions quoted (70% of the size advertised). Lazada appeared to take the sellers side. Again long long time for refund. We'll see what happens this time

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I recently bought a Digital Room Thermometer from Lazada, paid up front with Debit Card. It did not show corrrect temperature, went to my account, made a protest, sent photo of incorrect reading. Money was in my Lazada Account within minutes. Also I have returned items, with thier RMA, free postge back. However, I think a lot of the stuff some of their retails sell are fake. Dior J'Adore perfume 150ml over £100 in UK............Bht2600!!!! on Lazada.

• Like 2

In only just started using it, bought a few things, good job I live next to wat nok or I'd have no chance of telling them where I am, just bought a Armani tee shirt, got to be fake at 280 baht but fits me like a glove, looks like there some great bargains to be had, especially sports gear.

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They got me on a new scam.  I have ordered the same shaver 5 times from different merchants on Lazada and each time after 2 or 3 weeks of waiting they cancel it.  I try to chat with the vendors but they don't respond.  I think it's the old bait and switch deal but I don't know for sure.  I am going to keep ordering the same shaver and see if I can set some kind of record for times cancelled.  Update - they just cancelled again.  I'm in chat with a supplier to ask if they have it in stock as it shows in their ad

Had the same problem with a couple items and after calling them inquiring as to why the cancellation was told the items I ordered were to be shipped from China and the seller didn't want to ship due to high shipping costs, otherwise everything else ordered from them was delivered on time and it worked, when something didn't work cancel, send back using their RMA and the money was credited into my account within a week.... I never paid COD because too many crooks claiming to work for lazada knock at the door with a package, my neighbor paid COD, the guy left and when they open the package it was empty, they didn't refund the money, thus COD out of question for me.... I am an old fart, been burned too many times

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever opened the box while the driver waited and returned it and did he take it back opened?  I thought not.????

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever opened the box while the driver waited and returned it and did he take it back opened?  I thought not.????

driver doesn't wait for you to open the box if you are not home, live in a condo front office paid on my behalf, small amount less than 1,000 baht

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Had the same problem with a couple items and after calling them inquiring as to why the cancellation was told the items I ordered were to be shipped from China and the seller didn't want to ship due to high shipping costs, otherwise everything else ordered from them was delivered on time and it worked, when something didn't work cancel, send back using their RMA and the money was credited into my account within a week.... I never paid COD because too many crooks claiming to work for lazada knock at the door with a package, my neighbor paid COD, the guy left and when they open the package it was empty, they didn't refund the money, thus COD out of question for me.... I am an old fart, been burned too many times

They call me before they come and it is always marked on the truck, Kerry, Lazada own delivery or post office. I've done 30 COD's with 1 wrong item.  Took to 7/11 and got credit in a couple of minutes.

Dont know about you guys getting immediate credits? First 2 items I returned in the last year refund 4 weeks plus. I paid with a Thai Visa debit card. Returned 2 items this week. As you said can drop off at Kerry to return...but ordering and paying, then waiting a week, then making sure ur home on the day of delivery...then all the p$$ing around to return it....dissapointing and inconvenient. First item 2 days to send back. Got a confirmation email tonight to say they've received it and will be 3 days to check. Admittedly the last item was a total no show...so maybe its longer for a credit than wen u physically return the item. Ill update post when done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Yes, as long as you order COD,  the driver has to wait.  He cannot leave without getting paid. Just refuse the order and DON'T pay and the driver will take it back.  What choice does he have ?

I find Lazada'a own delivery service and the Post Office options are good and tracking packages is very easy.

The Kerry option is another thing entirely. I have been waiting 6 days for a package that was allegedly in Phuket and it has just arrived. The tracking on their site is abysmal and crashed 3 times last week. I am waiting for another package and the last update was 3 days ago. Then one gets three updates at once. its difficult to plan around them. I wish the delivery option was stated on the website as I would not then purchase anything involving Kerry. The also struggle to find me even though I live on a main road in a clearly marked building. Common sense (yes I know) would dictate that the first time they deliver to a place they pin it on google earth for other drivers to access.

The other drivers are happy to come up to my place. Kerry like to sit in the aircon in their truck and call me down. Hence no tip! 

Edited by Psimbo

Funny you say that about Kerry because again up until 6 months ago they were excellent. My only peave was yes some drivers would seem to go out of their way (as many Thais do) to make more effort to avoid delivering the item than actually just do their job. My favourite was wen theyd ring and ask for the adress as if it wasnt written all over the box and on their manifest. But yes lately their tracking is woeful and can take 3 or 4 days for what used to be overnight. Maybe Lazada deliveries are a very low priority cheap rate

Beware that a lot of their third-party sellers are selling fakes. One example is computer memory. For instance if you search for "sd card 256 gb", on the same page you will find one item priced at around 3,000 baht from Lazada's own store and another one at 80 baht from a third party seller. At that price it's fake for sure.

Just now, trd said:

Beware that a lot of their third-party sellers are selling fakes. One example is computer memory. For instance if you search for "sd card 256 gb", on the same page you will find one item priced at around 3,000 baht from Lazada's own store and another one at 80 baht from a third party seller. At that price it's fake for sure.

I even know some on here that bought the 80 Baht version, then started a thread that is was a copy 55555555

• Haha 1

My only problem with Lazada is the delivery agent Kerry. If they can't be arsed , I get an " Attempted delivery " come up on the tracking. When you tell their office that you have been in all day and nobody attempted any delivery . You get the same <deleted> , " sorry it will be delivered tomorrow " This happens with them all to often now. I , like a previous poster would like the option to choose the delivery agent. I know it will never happen , one can only hope.

• Like 1

Just to give you some perspective of problems from "the other side", the Mrs is a trader on Lazada. A lot of traders have complained in the last month or two about Lazada system problems whereby they get an order for product, they package the product up and they print out the packing slip / invoice which is attached to the package. The package is then taken to one of the post offices with a Lazada dropoff point but when the pot office staff go to scan the package, it is not accepted. A lot of traders have had this problem and getting Lazada to resolve it has been a nightmare. It's a system problem at Lazada. A trader might get xx number of orders per day and maybe only one package few days cannot be scanned. You'd think, oh, maybe they did not print it out right / the printer ink was dying and it was too light / part of the bar code was missing but no, it's not that. It's simply an issue with the Lazada system and traders have had lots of issues with it. So I guess the point I want to make is that it's not just buyers having troubles with Lazada, some traders are too.

Edited by mstevens
  • Thanks 1

I've had around 100 good transactions on Lazada, and no bad ones.

I suspect any recent uptick in problems is that Thailand 4.0 is finally catching up with the rest of the world in the Drop Shipping craze.  It's been going on at Amazon for years, and there are hundreds (thousands?) of YouTubes explaining it. 

Vendors (if you can call them that) list stuff they don't even have in inventory, planning to order it from China (via AliExpress) once they get an order on Amazon (or Lazada, I assume).   They're leveraging the arbitrage between the AliExpress price and the retail price in Thailand.  They have the actual Chinese seller ship it directly to the end user instead of to the vendor who listed and sold it.  

There are so many ways that arrangement can go sideways.  First, the vendor is in Thailand, so the product is listed as shipping locally, even though it's coming from China (I've had a few of those on Lazada).  2nd, there is an appropriate level of diligence that needs to be done on the supplier and the product- more than "I can buy it for 100 baht and the selling price is 350 baht....SCORE".  3rd, there is no way they can confirm inventory is actually available on the date they get an order.  They have to count on the Chinese supplier.

Based on the discussions I'm reading here, drop shipping would explain just about every problem.  That's not to say I know it is the cause.  Just a suspicion on my part because I've investigated drop-shipping via Amazon now that I'm back in the USA.  And decided to leverage my 15 years of experience dealing in China to not just walk, but RUN away.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

I purchased some flip flops from lazada and checked them prior to handing over the C.O.D payment.

It's just growing so fast now and Kerry are exploding and having to roll out more depots and recruit more franchise drivers.

We buy low cost stuff on lazada. A cage for a kitten was last purchase a month ago.

I think your asking for problems buying branded stuff like watches. Even large retail stores  (crusoe) sell a lot of b grade and counterfeit openly here.

Lazada (Thailand) is Thai run and managed. That's hint #1. 

It also sources many of it's junk from questionable sources in China. That's hit #2. 

Why anyone would expect anything but inconsistent performance and frequent dishonesty is hard to understand. Why are we Farang so trusting? Even Thais don't trust Thais they don't know... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

It also sources many of it's junk from questionable sources in China. That's hit #2. 

Just bought a 20k LG TV from Lazada, tracking was a bit iffy, but apart from that good price and it works.

Never been sold any fake goods, had a couple of items arrive broken, but was given refunds on them.

Can't say I've got any complaints, prices are good, delivery is fast.

I've also had the Kerry, 'we tried to deliver and you were out', when I was most surely in and waiting.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2