Lazada issues getting worse

Kenny202

got my watch from Lazada, first attempt a few months earlier was a shambles, said I wanted a genuine watch with the proper certificates, seller cancelled the order, must have been going to send a fake, refund took almost 2 months. Second attempt was successful with a different seller, watch arrived on c.o.d, I opened the box and took out the watch and checked the certificate etc to make sure it was genuine while the driver watched me, it was so I paid him. Have had a couple of dramas with them but it is usually the sellers fault or again the delivery by kerry, if c.o.d they are usually fast but if you pay before hand they can take many more days to deliver

Edited by seajae
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Lazada (Thailand) is Thai run and managed. That's hint #1. 

It also sources many of it's junk from questionable sources in China. That's hit #2. 

Why anyone would expect anything but inconsistent performance and frequent dishonesty is hard to understand. Why are we Farang so trusting? Even Thais don't trust Thais they don't know... 

Speaking of Thai run.  I wrote a complaining letter to the Thai run company about them being out of stock of a product and they apologized (Thai face issue no problem) and issued me a 200 baht credit to my account and apologized again.  (For the unpleasant experience, we would like to offer you an apology voucher 200THB. The coupon will be transferred to your Lazada wallet)

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

driver doesn't wait for you to open the box if you are not home, live in a condo front office paid on my behalf, small amount less than 1,000 baht

The drivers are not Lazada staff but a courier company, they have contracts with various ones for different parts of the country.  So delivery performance will vary and is not directly under Lazada's control (but worth giving them feedback if it is really bad, if they get enough complaints they might cancel the contract and go with someone else).  You might also complain to the courier company itself since they are the ones directly responsible for delivery.

Where I live it is Kerry and they are quite good. They NEVER leave the package with anyone else nor on the doorstep without first calling me and getting my permission to do so.  They're also pretty good at following directions, one or two drivers excepted.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The drivers are not Lazada staff but a courier company, they have contracts with various ones for different parts of the country. 

Actually Lazada delivers a lot of their own stocked product orders; and some others, using their own logistics company Lelexpress here in Bangkok - and most times it is same day delivery.  But then there are some oddball firms.  With the house numbering system of Thailand can understand delays - they probably should all operate using Google Maps plot rather than using post office address (which only experienced post office people can find).  

Lazada is so yesterday...

Lazada was sold by the Germans to the Chinese (Alibaba), and you are surprised about changes in quality?

Alibaba fired all staff and automated everything (AI doesn't eat pizza in the office like Thai staff, so it is good for Alibabas bottom line).

Staff migrated to shopee.

Of course,  you can just buy the same things at BigC, with warranty and all (เพิ่งรู้? said the shopee staff)

On 12/13/2018 at 6:19 PM, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever opened the box while the driver waited and returned it and did he take it back opened?  I thought not.????

The whole point of COD is that if they deliver the wrong item i don't pay for it. I don't care if he takes it back or not.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had an update sent via e-mail from Kerry saying that my package is on the way from my local depot.

Got the wife to ring up to arrange a delivery time as we were just popping out. , gave them the tracking number " KERI*******" and they told her that this is not a Kerry number  , it might be one of their competitors.

I asked the wifey to ring them again and explain that it is a Kerry number , Kerry and Lazada sent me the same tracking number and info.

They are looking into it.

Just an update, got my refund deposited in my bank today...exactly 2 weeks after returning the goods. Not as bad as I thought. 

And yes Kerry seem to have gone to pot too, at least where Lazada deliveries are concerned. Last 2 deliveries were 2 days after their tracking said the items were at there Bangkok hub station. Before was always next day from Bkk to Khon Kaen. Their tracking system seems to be a lot worse than it was too. Certainly not real time 

On 12/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, Kenny202 said:

Went on and on and they finally called the seller themselves and admitted they were not answering the phone or responding. The credit process started which turned out to be a series of robotic replies. Long story short took me about 6 weeks to finally get my money back.

Always COD for me so never had to ask for money back . You never know in this country so I prefer to pay cash when it arrives.

• Like 2

An update on my earlier post.....Wifey got a call from Kerry , " we have found the package it was put in a van and it will be delivered today".

Got a call an hour ago from the van driver. " I have a package for you but i don't deliver to your area "  The wifey asked him why had he loaded it into his truck if he doesn't deliver to this area . ( he was 15 klms away )

She told him she will call the office and find out what is going on. 

Kerry pulled up outside the house with package 5 mins ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

An update on my earlier post.....Wifey got a call from Kerry , " we have found the package it was put in a van and it will be delivered today".

Got a call an hour ago from the van driver. " I have a package for you but i don't deliver to your area "  The wifey asked him why had he loaded it into his truck if he doesn't deliver to this area . ( he was 15 klms away )

Yep, good service............................................ usual inept communication.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, balo said:

Samsung smart TV 55", Saved 20% compared with the store .

Samsung Smart phones , bough 3 all original . 

Hard drives, memory , laptops, I buy it all from Lazada, with warranty , never had any issues. Must have saved 10000 baht over the years. 

I show a Shop my phone Lazada App, can you do that price and spec.?. 70% wlll match their price..

I used to get that regularly where all of a sudden Id get a tracking update to say attempted delivery failed...wen Id been sitting at home all day...or a raft of other excuses for not turning up. Hasnt happened for 6 months after calling the driver and going apeshite. Same same turned up 5 mins later

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/17/2018 at 8:52 AM, Henryford said:

The whole point of COD is that if they deliver the wrong item i don't pay for it. I don't care if he takes it back or not.

So, did you ever unpack it while the driver waited and then return it? That was my question that you didn't answer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In the past week I received several emails from Lazada, about packages that are picked up by the transport company and ready to deliver in the next few days, while in reality they were delivered weeks ago.

Also the emails that they need my feedback, i can't be bothered about, because if you have negative feedback it will not be published anyway

• Like 1

So, did you ever unpack it while the driver waited and then return it? That was my question that you didn't answer. 
Im sure a Thai customer wud open the box and check every item not giving a rats fat a$$ if the driver had to wait. They wont part with 2 satang unless theyre 195% sure its ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

In the past week I received several emails from Lazada, about packages that are picked up by the transport company and ready to deliver in the next few days, while in reality they were delivered weeks ago.

Also the emails that they need my feedback, i can't be bothered about, because if you have negative feedback it will not be published anyway

I emailed them and complained and I got a 200 baht credit which I spent last week.  Wonder why the difference?

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Im sure a Thai customer wud open the box and check every item not giving a rats fat a$$ if the driver had to wait. They wont part with 2 satang unless theyre 195% sure its ok

My wife tells me to pay the guy first.  I assumed most Thais do that because the guy didn't seem like he was used to waiting.  Have you ever seen a real live Thai person unpack a Lazada package while the driver waited?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 12/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, trd said:

Beware that a lot of their third-party sellers are selling fakes. One example is computer memory. For instance if you search for "sd card 256 gb", on the same page you will find one item priced at around 3,000 baht from Lazada's own store and another one at 80 baht from a third party seller. At that price it's fake for sure.

I had to return a fake Samsung ssd last week so it's definitely full of crap 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Never had a problem with the prices, the quality or the service and I have bought plenty of things from Lazada. I always use COD and have not had any cheap fake stuff delivered to me. The only time I did not receive what I ordered was an item from China did not come because it appears that the seller ran out of stock so they cancelled my order and then I bought the same product from another seller for the same price and it was delivered within the listed timeframe. Not everything on Lazada is fake or crap, you really need to do your homework before you buy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever seen a real live Thai person unpack a Lazada package while the driver waited?

I am not Thai, but I always unpack while the driver is waiting , to check I received the correct order.  Then I hand over the money . The drivers did not have any problem with that .  I never had to return it, so don't know how they would react to that.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Same old “ never had a problem in many years “ blah blah blah ! Well IF that’s true you are lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What is also true is that most people only complain when it goes wrong not when it goes well. I have ordered countless of items with lazada and never had a problem either. Guess I am just lucky too.

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

I have ordered nearly 200 items from Lazada.  I have had 2 problems. Both had to be returned and i got refunds promptly from Lazada. I never buy from anywhere else now.

Same as us.  We have lost count of all the stuff we order from them.  Only one time we had a faulty garden strimmer.  Very easy to return it and quick refund.

My experience has varied from great to down right unacceptable. Seems Lazada has out grown its ability to provide proper service. I have received defective items and had the return refused as well as some accepted without question(and rapidly.) My major complaint is the high volume of defective items I receive and must return or eat the cost. Electronic items are the worst. I still buy from selected vendors that have a good track record with me, but no more electronic items. China rules the site.

• Like 1