Lazada issues getting worse

Kenny202

I purchase everything from freshly roasted local coffee to computer peripherals even all the food my cat eats on lazada.

Beyond a slight covid related delay on chinese items I recieve 2 to 3 deliveies a week. I also use shopee, and in a oinch ali express. With lazada I always go cod.

I also dont buy branded stuff at a huge discount but thats begging for problems.

You know a g shock costs 3500 baht, and there are official suppliers wuere you will get what you pay for. 

Going too far below retail is begging to be burned.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The vast majority of problems are due to "user error" on automated systems.

For you:

I put shampoo, razor, blades etc into the cart. All from the same shop. 

Marked them all.

Automatically,  the shop (named on top of the items) got marked.

I went to check out, place order, get "oops".

Customer service had the idea to try what happens if i only marked and bought 1 item. Works very well.

I am happily waiting for my shampoo, price 28 baht, shipping 35 baht. 

Customer service had no explanation for this. He blamed P&G.

Of course,  P&G blames lazada.

I am so excited to get my shampoo!!!

Edited by Kiujunn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Susco said:

Yes it does, when you click one of the options, there will be a small field where you have to enter the code.

At the end of that field is in very small script written "send", and you have to click that first to receive the code

Still doesn't work  in fact whilst Wife  was  talking with them she did  it  following their instructions, didnt work, woman at Lazada somehow  managed to send her a code but after  logging out same old  nonsense.

UPDATE  just tried it  now and it  logs  in fine and does NOT ask for any code, they must  have had some problem today and sorted it.

Edited by gunderhill

I had already given up on lazada. 

Useless search function, search for water hoses get margarine.

Orders have to be confirmed 3 times in 3 different masks, which they don't tell you. 

Orders only sporadically show up in order list.

App size for this <deleted> half a GB.

But now they sent me an exciting email that made me reverse my decision. 

Regarding your concern at case number 2050000040004373

May we request you additional documents or information to proceed with further services (You may refer to the information as the previous email)
Kindly reply to this email back within 24 hours otherwise your request will be automatically closed by the system.

So exciting! Error 2050000004004373 or whatever! Now,  that really beats "error 404".
And never tell the customer what you want - anyway,  it's all his fault!

????????????

On 4/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, n00dle said:

I purchase everything from freshly roasted local coffee to computer peripherals even all the food my cat eats on lazada.

Beyond a slight covid related delay on chinese items I recieve 2 to 3 deliveies a week. I also use shopee, and in a oinch ali express. With lazada I always go cod.

I also dont buy branded stuff at a huge discount but thats begging for problems.

You know a g shock costs 3500 baht, and there are official suppliers wuere you will get what you pay for. 

Going too far below retail is begging to be burned.

Been using them since they started and never had a problem. Same for my wife and kids.

• Like 2

I may be just lucky but I have used Lazada for 3 or 4 years for various items, large and small purchases, and have only ever had one problem, which was definitely the suppliers fault, and it was sorted out fairly quickly.

I would add though that I always use my PC when ordering. When I try to go to the Lazada site using my mobile I never get there as it always wants me to download an app and judging from the 1 and 2 star ratings the app gets along with many many comments of how rubbish it is, I wonder how many of the above users have been ordering via the app and being unsatisfied with the results. Just a thought.  

On 4/28/2021 at 11:52 AM, narisarasgroove said:

I may be just lucky but I have used Lazada for 3 or 4 years for various items, large and small purchases, and have only ever had one problem, which was definitely the suppliers fault, and it was sorted out fairly quickly.

I would add though that I always use my PC when ordering. When I try to go to the Lazada site using my mobile I never get there as it always wants me to download an app and judging from the 1 and 2 star ratings the app gets along with many many comments of how rubbish it is, I wonder how many of the above users have been ordering via the app and being unsatisfied with the results. Just a thought.  

Same here.

I've been shopping on Lazada for about four years, and the only problem I've ever encountered was a delivery which was delayed by one day.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, Neeranam said:

Been using them since they started and never had a problem. Same for my wife and kids.

Same for me and when there is a problem with say the supplier sending the wrong item which has happened only twice, my refund was processed very quickly, Unlike Shopee which I avoid

6 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Getting tired of the website saying 'Unusual network traffic detected.' Then, you go ahead and 'refresh' and it's the same thing. I was tempted to buy from Shoppee instead.

That's what i am doing. 

Shopee works,  Lazada doesn't work. 

Friends told me this before,  i didn't believe them,  stupid me

• Like 1

I got stung badly about 8 months ago. I ordered an new printer on COD and forgot to tell the wifey. Anyhow, the 'printer' turned up while I was at the dentist and she paid the COD. Turned out to be a silicone phone case.

I went through the arbitration process and got my money back in the form of a voucher which I was free to spend on Lazada. I wasn't entirely happy about that but, what the hell, I'll buy a printer from a registered Lazada Mall trader.

But I couldn't use the voucher because I wasn't Thai, they cited some law excluding foreigners and that was that. The voucher expired and I lost my money.

Now, you need to remember that Lazada isn't Lazada anymore - it's Alibaba and has been for a few years now. Breathe in that information and remember it when you next click the 'BUY' button. You have almost zero chance of getting any recourse as you would expect from, say, Trading Standards in the UK.

Having said that, I still buy a lot of stuff from Lazibaba, but I stick to a set of traders that I know (Thaidee Home Mart are excellent) to whom I will pay by credit card. Other than that, it's small ticket items which I pay COD, I open the parcel at the gate before I pay the delivery guy.

Caveat emptor as they say.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:26 PM, johng said:

I've had no problems with them. Always pay Cash on Delivery.

That doesn't really help as they won't let you open the parcel until you've paid so you're not going to spot a fake.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:02 PM, marcusarelus said:

They got me on a new scam.  I have ordered the same shaver 5 times from different merchants on Lazada and each time after 2 or 3 weeks of waiting they cancel it.  I try to chat with the vendors but they don't respond.  I think it's the old bait and switch deal but I don't know for sure.  I am going to keep ordering the same shaver and see if I can set some kind of record for times cancelled.  Update - they just cancelled again.  I'm in chat with a supplier to ask if they have it in stock as it shows in their ad

you check the box saying "cash on delivery"? if you don't, they will wait for payment and then cancel. I had this happen once. The website itself is a trainwreck, but better than some.

3 hours ago, 3STTW said:

I got stung badly about 8 months ago. I ordered an new printer on COD and forgot to tell the wifey. Anyhow, the 'printer' turned up while I was at the dentist and she paid the COD. Turned out to be a silicone phone case.

I went through the arbitration process and got my money back in the form of a voucher which I was free to spend on Lazada. I wasn't entirely happy about that but, what the hell, I'll buy a printer from a registered Lazada Mall trader.

When a return is approved, your refund goes to your wallet, and even foreigners can withdraw that money to their bank account.

If you got a voucher, that most likely means you started the claim after the 7 day return period. But even if they give you such a voucher, as has happened to me in the past, you can contact Lazada they switch it to a Lazada voucher, which foreigners can use.

Edited by Susco

On 5/1/2021 at 6:06 AM, Excel said:

Same for me and when there is a problem with say the supplier sending the wrong item which has happened only twice, my refund was processed very quickly, Unlike Shopee which I avoid

Never had any problem with refunds from either of those sites.

The convenience with Shopee is that if you have entered your bank account once, your refunds go automatically to that account if you don't activate your wallet within 24 hours after some refund has deposited in it.

With lazada you have to re-enter your account details every time you want to withdraw money from your wallet

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

Same here over 300 orders, no problems

I have also an infinite list of orders paid by credit card and bank on Lazada and Shopee ranging from 20 baht stuff to 50k baht order from Apple official store (on Lazada). Customer care is great, if chat is not available can speak by phone and they have excellent English speaking operators. Always received the few refunds I needed smoothly. 

Before buying ALWAYS check the reputation of the seller. 

Salty comment: very fun to read posts of people UNABLE to buy online and blaming it on the platform..

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sundown said:

I have also an infinite list of orders paid by credit card and bank on Lazada and Shopee ranging from 20 baht stuff to 50k baht order from Apple official store (on Lazada). Customer care is great, if chat is not available can speak by phone and they have excellent English speaking operators. Always received the few refunds I needed smoothly. 

Before buying ALWAYS check the reputation of the seller. 

Salty comment: very fun to read posts of people UNABLE to buy online and blaming it on the platform..

Always confusing to read posts from people who haven't had a problem with a certain platform and who seem to think this somehow nullifies the reports from those who have.

Speaking from my own personal experience, checking the reputation of a seller doesn't help when Lazada refuses to publish reviews from other customers that mention counterfeit goods. I got landed with 10+ packets of counterfeit guitar strings from vendors with good ratings on Lazada. They claim to have a zero tolerance policy for counterfeit goods but, in reality, what they actually have is a zero tolerance policy for customer reviews that mention the counterfeit goods being sold on their website.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mark1066 said:

Always confusing to read posts from people who haven't had a problem with a certain platform and who seem to think this somehow nullifies the reports from those who have.

Speaking from my own personal experience, checking the reputation of a seller doesn't help when Lazada refuses to publish reviews from other customers that mention counterfeit goods. I got landed with 10+ packets of counterfeit guitar strings from vendors with good ratings on Lazada. They claim to have a zero tolerance policy for counterfeit goods but, in reality, what they actually have is a zero tolerance policy for customer reviews that mention the counterfeit goods being sold on their website.

As I said before, you are an example of person who is unable to shop online ( no offence, you have time to learn)

I searched "guitar strings" on Lazada and first result is a pack of strings by Gibson costing 78 baht. Same from another seller 59 baht. The Gibson genuine strings sell from around 7 dollars to 30 dollars in any shop online and not. So can you please tell me how can you think of getting a genuine product (which in this case happens to be even an import product from USA) for 2 dollars? 

Edited by Sundown
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Exactly, people buy a 1 terabyte micro SD card for 100 baht then complain about Lazada when it's not genuine.

But some of us don't know such a card should cost at least 120 baht.  ????

Fake is fake and should not be condoned by anyone.  Copies are fine if stated as such.  Platforms indicate they a reliable source - not true if they do not police.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:12 AM, fishtank said:

Getting tired of the website saying 'Unusual network traffic detected.' Then, you go ahead and 'refresh' and it's the same thing. I was tempted to buy from Shoppee instead.

YES getting the same message a lot very annoying  ,tried shoppee  a little better but not  that good .

On 5/5/2021 at 7:12 AM, fishtank said:

Problems encountered with Lazada recently .

I telephoned customer service as the tracking for an item stated that it had cleared customs in Thailand , the status had not altered for 4 days.

The unhelpful person in the other end of the phone told me the item had not arrived in Thailand yet , I asked her to check again and she replied , it will be delivered soon . ( end of conversation ).

I received a follow up mail asking if my problem had been sorted , I replied no , and explained the customer service interaction , and never heard from them again.

( my item arrived 3 days late ).

I get a Lazada customer review e mail once a month . Press Smiley face 1 - 10 etc. Pressing the Smiley face does not work , your questionnaire moves on , but will not submit because the Smiley face does not work . So it is not possible to give a review.

Since LEX have joined the delivery chain , I noticed things get delayed more often .

I have an item " LEX Your parcel has arrived at the logistics facility Phra Samut Chedi "

Been there for 36 hours now . 

Rant over........