Lazada issues getting worse

Kenny202

On 12/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, Kenny202 said:

Anyone else had similar experiences with Lazada lately?

Overall, I have had good experiences with Lazada and Shopee.  My biggest complaint is they both have horrible search features.  You can literally copy the heading of a listing post it as a search item and it will repeatedly come back as nothing found or totally unrelated items.  

I have found the return process to be fine.  I have had some items not ship, some items arrive damaged, and in one case a totally different item was shipped.  In each case I just click the return, get the return label and drop off at the mailing station. 

Now, you bring up a point that I do think both Lazada and Shopee need to do a better job of. In the USA on Amazon or Ebay if a party is selling counterfeit goods, or repeatedly has customer complaints, they are removed from being able to sell.  Like you, I have had people selling counterfeit items, not responding to shipments not being sent etc., though I get my money back I too see them still listing items for sale.  Lazada and Shopee are foolish not to take action to weed these people out.  If shoppers grow to mistrust items on those sites they will stop or reduce their purchases. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

think best way to purchse any goods from lazada

Not for me.. i always pay ahead never had to return anything. Now they can drop it at the security at our home (got shared security for 3 houses) otherwise i constantly have to have cash money and exact amounts its just a hassle. Plus with the lazada wallet now for foreigners one can receive the refunds easily and use them again.

But I use lazada regularly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Plus with the lazada wallet now for foreigners one can receive the refunds easily and use them again

I wasn't aware that foreigners were allowed to use the wallet now......

7 minutes ago, NE1 said:

We are process is quite painless. Just give your passport number and some other stuff. I have set it up months ago. Also if you have a bank app the topup process is really easy. 

On 5/5/2021 at 7:12 AM, fishtank said:

Yep. lazada is totally unusable now.

Really?

It worked very well for me yesterday and I order from 3 separate suppliers that are due delivery this week. One of them has already dispatched my order.

I ordered all 3 of them COD.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Nor I - used to be able to use bank transfers as on Shopee but that was stopped long ago (although have not checked if started again).  Have been using US credit card for last several years and credit for anything not shipped is quickly returned.   I also find it a PIA to keep exact change handy.  But now Lotus, not Tesco anymore, requires payment on delivery  and not accept UnionPay so have to use cash again - but at least they can normally make change (have not tried US card).   Tops still allows prepayment with US card.  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Nor I - used to be able to use bank transfers as on Shopee but that was stopped long ago (although have not checked if started again).  Have been using US credit card for last several years and credit for anything not shipped is quickly returned.   I also find it a PIA to keep exact change handy.  But now Lotus, not Tesco anymore, requires payment on delivery  and not accept UnionPay so have to use cash again - but at least they can normally make change (have not tried US card).   Tops still allows prepayment with US card.  

If you have a Thai bank with mobile app you could already have paid by bank. They activated the wallet for foreigners last year. I believe they do want a passport picture or something like that. But mine was activated within a day. 

Now if use the wallet i get led to a screen where i give my phone nr and then put in a code and the payment is send to my mobile bank app (kasikorn) where i pay. Its a little bit easier as paying direct by mobile app but not much.

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Really?

Yep.

The continual "unusual traffic" page.

I usually just give up.

Ordered 100's of items from Lazada and never had a problem until recently.

Unusable unless using the app which cannot translate descriptions to English.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you have a Thai bank with mobile app

My Nokia 3310 does not handle mobile apps.  ????

Tried a smart phone - dropped it - tossed it.  

Edited by lopburi3

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is your choice, phones can be annoying but they can also be helpful. I love the mobile banking app. 

I don't need a phone to order - why should I need to pay?   We have enough zombies already.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3So3-ZPy3R6-7zgUNLeD

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I don't need a phone to order - why should I need to pay?   We have enough zombies already.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3So3-ZPy3R6-7zgUNLeD

That is your choice, personally i like the advantages a phone has. But many older people have a problem with it. They are just not as capable (technically) as the younger generation.

Your remark about phone zombies is fun. Its just the younger generation before that things happened too. I used to commute in the bus most people were reading.  But i get the point too much is never a good thing.

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I have a small cloth bag in my desk drawer and every time I end up with coins I just throw them in the bag.

It comes in handy for Lazada and also when I buy 91 or 95 gas for my weed whacker.

6 hours ago, fishtank said:

Yep.

The continual "unusual traffic" page.

I usually just give up.

Ordered 100's of items from Lazada and never had a problem until recently.

Unusable unless using the app which cannot translate descriptions to English.

I have had that problem a few times. I use a vpn and I found that if I changed from the Americas to Europe or Asia it works every time.

Disclaimer.  Well it does for me anyway.

YMMV

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NE1 said:

Since LEX have joined the delivery chain , I noticed things get delayed more often .

I have an item " LEX Your parcel has arrived at the logistics facility Phra Samut Chedi "

Been there for 36 hours now . 

Well it is still in Bangkok , just been onto Lazada and they say it is Kerry's fault and Kerry say's it has not received it.

Then the usual response  " it will be delivered by the etc. "

It just continues - today cancel order for 3 of same item and receive 4 emails (order and each item in own email and a follow up is due for refund).  2 weeks ago it was an order for 10 of same item and 11 emails.  Total nuts.  

I had a similar experience , I bought 3 packs of something from the same seller all the items were identical and inside were 2 items each , everything was the same , including the order number.

I had a dispute and the seller would not return the money ( advertsised one brand , sent a different brand ) said regardless of the brand it was still the same.

Lazada made 6 seperate refunds for this.

So every time I replied or Lazada replied or the seller disputed anything there were 18 different e mails to contend with and to top it all off I received 36 messages on my phone .

In the end they refunded the money as 6 individual orders .

Edited by NE1

56 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

I never buy anything anymore at Lazada since, one, they've got rid of the wallet and, two, the shipping costs are ridiculous. I mean, 220 baht for a small item. Wth?

First of all, wallet has never been removed, in fact it is now also available to foreigners.

My average shipping cost is 27 Baht, but that may increase to 300 Baht when ordering a 20K flat screen. In fact, last month I had a 19.650 Baht order from China, and the shipping cost was 61 Baht, of which I got 30 Baht discount through a free shipping voucher

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As noted most items do not have excessive shipping costs - but there are a few sellers that indeed do post low price and make it up on shipping.  Along with the huge numbers that post price 3x normal and fill pages using different names at same high price in hope you do not check further - such sellers do make it very unpleasant these days.

I live in the deep south and have noticed that where I pay 220 baht for shipping, people in other regions pay like 200 baht less.

18 hours ago, MarcelV said:

I never buy anything anymore at Lazada since, one, they've got rid of the wallet and, two, the shipping costs are ridiculous. I mean, 220 baht for a small item. Wth?

thai run.. total idiots... yes.. is shopy better?  well cheapper yes....

4 minutes ago, Seeall said:

I use Shopee instead of Lazada and have found the shipping to be more reasonable.

13 hours ago, Seeall said:

Lazada is based in Singapore and is now owned by Alibaba, a Chinese company!

21 hours ago, MarcelV said:

I live in the deep south and have noticed that where I pay 220 baht for shipping, people in other regions pay like 200 baht less.

How do you know what people in other regions pay for shipping?

Maybe you can post a screenshot from a cheap item that shows a 220 Baht shipping cost.

22 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Funny that, I live in the North, bought an item from deep south and it was 29 baht shipping ( about).So no regional variation there it would seem.

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Funny that, I live in the North, bought an item from deep south and it was 29 baht shipping ( about).So no regional variation there it would seem.

It doesn't matter where the item is sent from, only its destination does.

IKEA doesn't even deliver at all to Pattani/Narathiwat/Yala. It's a "no delivery" zone for them, to my dismay.:(