Lazada issues getting worse

Kenny202

Used them for years. Always paid COD, but the last few months many items not arriving even after tracking states they have been packed and handed over to the shipping agent company. Then after waiting a few weeks cancelled by Lazada.
Mostly these are the Chinese sellers although one BKK seller I used to use says they have items in stock which they obvious don't.
If these sellers told you at time of order they were out of stock, one could mover on to the next seller.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Used them for years. Always paid COD, but the last few months many items not arriving even after tracking states they have been packed and handed over to the shipping agent company. Then after waiting a few weeks cancelled by Lazada.
Mostly these are the Chinese sellers although one BKK seller I used to use says they have items in stock which they obvious don't.
If these sellers told you at time of order they were out of stock, one could mover on to the next seller.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Used Lazada maybe 30 times, always paid COD and never had a problem ( maybe lucky ? ), items from Thailand and China .
On the other hand am still waiting for an item from AliExpress I ordered on 5th July, tracking showing it shipped from China , delivery time/purchase protection has been extended to September 25th !! As it’s a small relatively cheap item I’m gonna wait it out, see if I can get the longest delivery award [emoji51]

I did once buy a mobile phone case off a FB ad , free case just paid shipping, took 4 months !!

I tried another online seller (Wish) as their prices were very low, expecting long delivery times I ordered a couple of cheap items as a test.
1 item took 17 days and the other 36 days.

My conclusion, all online shopping is a bit of a gamble but Lazada is best of the bunch ( IMO )
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lazada is owned by Alibaba who own Aliexpress (sic) . The majority of product is China sourced and a good portion of sellers are Chinese either here or in China.  I've used Lazada maybe 20 times....always COD.   If your prepared to wait longer Aliexpress is a better platform and you can get same thing cheaper.   That said we just ordered 2x25kg bags of Magnesium from Lazada as not available Ali express and the price was 400 baht cheaper than farm supply place just down the road.  1260 baht delivered to our house.

• 3 months later...

When I select 'Local' on Lazada. stuff comes in 2-5 days. When I use Aliexpress it can be 4-5 weeks but free postage!  We recently tried Shoppee  as Thai folk say it is better and cheaper. I found their English platform totally unnavigable, so we order stuff through my Thai partner. She has found some amazing deals and stuff arrives in 2-4 days.

4 minutes ago, beau thai said:

When I select 'Local' on Lazada. stuff comes in 2-5 days. When I use Aliexpress it can be 4-5 weeks but free postage!  We recently tried Shoppee  as Thai folk say it is better and cheaper. I found their English platform totally unnavigable, so we order stuff through my Thai partner. She has found some amazing deals and stuff arrives in 2-4 days.

What Thai platform?  Shopee is in Thai only AFAIK.  But Google translate works great and use all the time on my Chrome Browser.  As for price you have to look around but more than price they offer items not on Lazada and often same company seems to be lower priced on Shopee.  They still allow direct debit payment from banks using Airpay where Lazada seems to not offer from Bangkok Bank anymore.  They also have a lot of overseas shipments but most arrive within 7-10 days.  You do need to watch the seller time on platform/ratings as not all are professional - but some are outstanding.  

• 1 year later...

I bought a counterfeit 2 tb external hard drive that was absolute garbage. So I was scammed for 1100b, plus I lost 800 gb of data. My negative review - which did not contain threats/profanity - was removed, my complaint was not answered, and the seller is still doing business. I suspect that sellers are displaying fake reviews.

Lazada only let me buy 1 item at a time.

I can buy shampoo, 28 baht + 35 shipping. 

I can buy a razor,  55 baht + 35 shipping. 

I can buy razor blades,  129 baht + 35 shipping. 

And so on...

They don't let me buy it all together,  even if it's from the same store (P&G official store).

A PITA, and expensive because I never get the required order volume for free shipping or discounts. That's the idea,  I guess.

Customer service? 555

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

And so on...

They don't let me buy it all together,  even if it's from the same store (P&G official store).

A PITA, and expensive because I never get the required order volume for free shipping or discounts. That's the idea,  I guess.

Customer service? 555

That might explain my recent order of 10 items (same) from another official store - asked to cancel order and each item received a cancellation email (10 emails) along with another for the original order of 10.

46 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

And so on...

Customer service? 555

Thats NOT Lazada, that would be the waythe store has listed them and compiled the sales information. Lazada is just the platform, NOT the seller.

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thats NOT Lazada, that would be the waythe store has listed them and compiled the sales information. Lazada is just the platform, NOT the seller.

But sales by the seller are on the platform.  Think that one out.  ????

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But sales by the seller are on the platform.  Think that one out.  ????

And up to the seller how they choose to list and sell, thats not Lazada. I can explain it for you but cannot understand it for you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kiujunn said:

And so on...

Customer service? 555

Don't buy stuff from Lazada that you can buy from Tesco/Makro/BigC? From those stores you can put them all in the same basket. 

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Don't buy stuff from Lazada that you can buy from Tesco/Makro/BigC? From those stores you can put them all in the same basket. 

Many people are trying to minimize extra contacts during covid so internet order is the name of the game - even for Tesco/Big C and Tops orders.  If you do make the store trip, and actually are able to find the items you want (normally at far end of store), you now have the issue of how to carry them home with no bag policy and if no pov getting a taxi.  If you are lucky enough to have enough bags to hold everything the service folks often stand back and let you DIY (eggs at bottom and rice bags on top is the way many of us likely do).  

• Like 1

And so on...

Customer service? 555

Individual listing details yes, but when added to the cart that is not the case, you are not charged like that. Also once you get over 260 baht there is Free shipping also discount vouchers there to apply at certain other amounts.

Today tried to buy something and their website  has gone nuts, first tried to login the normal way using  email and  password, it  then sends  me to an "we  need to identify you better page" it will send me an sms or  email neither of  which it does when requested. Can login using facebook but then it  has none of my payment methods or addresses  listed and no items ever  bought. Wife spent 15  minutes on the phone changing passwords and finally got an sms number to shove in but as soon as you  log  out it  all goes to pot  again.

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

it  then sends  me to an "we  need to identify you better page" it will send me an sms or  email neither of  which it does when requested.

Yes it does, when you click one of the options, there will be a small field where you have to enter the code.

At the end of that field is in very small script written "send", and you have to click that first to receive the code

And so on...

Customer service? 555

If they are from the same shop they will definitely be listed together in your cart with the shop name at the top.

You can then click each item individually, or click the shop name to select all items in one go

23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Individual listing details yes, but when added to the cart that is not the case, you are not charged like that. Also once you get over 260 baht there is Free shipping also discount vouchers there to apply at certain other amounts.

Would you mind to explain what you mean? I am just a human,  you know

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

That might explain my recent order of 10 items (same) from another official store - asked to cancel order and each item received a cancellation email (10 emails) along with another for the original order of 10.

I once ordered 25 briefs from the same seller, when they arrived they were significantly smaller than the size in the listing.

To return, I had to issue 25 return orders, each with a picture and reason for return.

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

If they are from the same shop they will definitely be listed together in your cart with the shop name at the top.

You can then click each item individually, or click the shop name to select all items in one go

Right, "you can".

But i cannot.

6 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Would you mind to explain what you mean? I am just a human,  you know

Add each item to the basket, then look directly under the total and the shipping total is shown for whole basket.

You are confusing single purchase shipping and cart shopping, not the same in most cases.

Just now, CharlieH said:

Add each item to the basket, then look directly under the total and the shipping total is shown for whole basket.

That's true. 

Then I go to check out. No problem. 

Then i click "place order"

Then I watch the beautiful screen saying "oops - something went wrong"

Then I make a screenshot of this beautiful screen and send it to customer service