Lazada issues getting worse

Kenny202

On 12/14/2018 at 10:15 AM, seajae said:

got my watch from Lazada, first attempt a few months earlier was a shambles, said I wanted a genuine watch with the proper certificates, seller cancelled the order, must have been going to send a fake, refund took almost 2 months. Second attempt was successful with a different seller, watch arrived on c.o.d, I opened the box and took out the watch and checked the certificate etc to make sure it was genuine while the driver watched me, it was so I paid him. Have had a couple of dramas with them but it is usually the sellers fault or again the delivery by kerry, if c.o.d they are usually fast but if you pay before hand they can take many more days to deliver

interesting, 8 years they never allow me open for inspect until I sign then they gone...  would have saved 3 months or misery and time on my 65 inch sony with a thumb sized crack middle top.....

On 3/1/2019 at 10:21 PM, edwarda909 said:

I go to try Lazada for for the first time.  When I place my order they ask for my tax code.  What is this?  I live in a condo in Chang Khlan Chiang Mai, my postal code is 50100.  They ask for my branch id.  What is this?  On top of this, the condo whee I live has an office, staffed ostensibly 9-5, but it is not uncommon for the person to step out. Does Lazada specify  the day they deliver? if so, I will hang out and wait for them.  So many questions, but every time i go to their chat line I get the message o agent is available and try later, but what I have read from online reports, their agents are extremely non-helpful. Any answets or suggestions appreciated.

they love asking irrelevant questions everywher in TH.. it must be the first thing that pops into their heads and it just comes out.......

• 4 weeks later...
From Lazada today 

Jun.08 17:55
TB1oavWWkT2gK0jSZFkXXcIQFXa-24-24.png

Attempt to Deliver Your Parcel Was Not Successful

We are sorry that delivery today was unsuccessful due to Failed delivery reason: force majeure. You will be contacted by BEST for next attempt within 1-2 days.

19:15hrs  - 2 mins ago we get a phone call from the delivery guy , I'm sat outside your house are you at home..........10/10 for delivery  man.

Lazada , do you really know what's happening.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:17 AM, Solinvictus said:

I've starting checking out Shoppee due to it.

The web app works barely.  I can still place orders if I can find something to buy.  That is the issue, Lazada has made searching very hard and has put many roadblocks into the search.  Multiple error screens and the one I hate the most, deleting the search box as you type.  This happens now almost every time but it usually allows 2-4 searches before this happens.  Work around type what you are searching for in another app then copy and paste into Lazada - works every time.

The phone app is great if you understand Thai.  Change the language to English and doesn't help.  All the reviews are in Thai and can not even copy and paste the reviews into a translator.  They are probably killing it and revenues through the roof which might be creating the complacency. 

Had awful luck with Shoppee 2 years ago.  Paying for items and never receiving the merchandise.  Tried a couple orders the last 6 months and all good.  Trying to make the switch but for whatever reason, I haven't been able to find my items on Shoppee the last few buys.

Been using Lazada for years. Always COD. Never any problems.

In the last 2 weeks, strange things have happened.

- an order for something from China. Lazada posted a message saying something like "Your order has been cancelled by Lazada because the supplier took too long to despatch". Because of the cancellation, I ordered similar from another supplier in Thailand which arrived quickly. Original order is now on its way too, so obviously not cancelled by Lazada.

- 2 totally unrelated orders from different locations in Thailand. Both showed 'Item packed' and stayed that way for a few days. Then both showed the same message on the same day - "Seller is experiencing an unexpected delay. Order will be cancelled if not despatched by .... ". One is now on its way. The other - still delayed with no further explanation.

I suspect it's not the sellers at all, rather its the collection from the seller by the delivery companies. Having said that, once goods are collected for delivery, all seems pretty quick and hassle-free.

order from Bangkok , received a message , "will not hand to courier until 22nd. "

So I tried to cancel as they were going to hand the package to the courier after the agreed delivery date.

Could not cancel as the package was being shipped. I asked how can the package be in the shipped mode when they are not giving it to a courier until the 22nd.

Just got another e mail saying Kerry has picked my package up and will be delivered earlier than expected .

Recently bought a gazebo tent on Lazada. After putting it up the weather changed and the wind ripped the textile and damaged the frame. Same day filed a complaint and the package was picked up within 2 days. And within 10 hours they refunded the paid amount. Excellent service ????

On 5/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, Sundown said:

As I said before, you are an example of person who is unable to shop online ( no offence, you have time to learn)

I searched "guitar strings" on Lazada and first result is a pack of strings by Gibson costing 78 baht. Same from another seller 59 baht. The Gibson genuine strings sell from around 7 dollars to 30 dollars in any shop online and not. So can you please tell me how can you think of getting a genuine product (which in this case happens to be even an import product from USA) for 2 dollars? 

You've just made your own little story up there haven't you? Did I say I tried to buy genuine Gibson strings for 2 dollars? No, I didn't. The strings I bought were Ernie Ball strings, and were around the same price they are in music stores across Thailand. So what was the point of your little fairy tale? I mean, I can't answer your question because it didn't happen, it's all in your vivid imagination.

Edited by Mark1066

On 5/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, billd766 said:

quote from your post.

"Always confusing to read posts from people who haven't had a problem with a certain platform and who seem to think this somehow nullifies the reports from those who have."

My response.

Always confusing to read posts from people who have had a problem with a certain platform and who seem to think this somehow nullifies the reports from those who haven't.

Seems you have comprehension issues. My bad experiences with Lazada don't nullify your good experiences but they do raise concerns about a company that tries to hid the fact it enables vendors to sell counterfeit goods. And no matter how many times you have a good experience with Lazada, those concerns will remain.

Using logic like yours, if I drive every day without a seat belt and don't get thrown through the windscreen, I should start encouraging everybody else to stop wearing seat belts on the basis of my own positive experiences. Or perhaps start insulting them and telling them they need to learn how to drive.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, MartinL said:

suspect it's not the sellers at all

I agree with you on this , I ordered an item , it was packed by the seller and picked up by Kerry on the same day , then it sat in Bangkok for a day , it has just spent 3 days sitting in Ayutthaya , now it is on the move again......

• Like 1

Wife sent some durian to a friend in Bkk last week. The friend got a call and were asked to collect it from the flash depot or it would sit there and spoil. They were also asked not to send anything perishable until the backlog was cleared 

They saw a huge backlog of parcels. The guy explained they had a lot of staff in covid quarantine.

I also have lazada items sitting in Best and Flash Bkk distribution centres for the past week.

Edited by Farma
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 4:02 AM, marcusarelus said:

They got me on a new scam.  I have ordered the same shaver 5 times from different merchants on Lazada and each time after 2 or 3 weeks of waiting they cancel it.  I try to chat with the vendors but they don't respond.  I think it's the old bait and switch deal but I don't know for sure.  I am going to keep ordering the same shaver and see if I can set some kind of record for times cancelled.  Update - they just cancelled again.  I'm in chat with a supplier to ask if they have it in stock as it shows in their ad

Grow a beard.  Life is too short to go out looking for things to irritate you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:20 PM, JahLion said:

Recently bought a gazebo tent on Lazada. After putting it up the weather changed and the wind ripped the textile and damaged the frame. Same day filed a complaint and the package was picked up within 2 days. And within 10 hours they refunded the paid amount. Excellent service ????

It seems you put the gazebo up, as such it wasn't Lazada fault as it wasn't damaged at all. It got damaged later. I've just been in touch with lazada

i'm looking to order a treadmill.

I'll be the contrarian here.  Never used COD, always pay up front. Never any issues except a misdelivered pkg, somehow they deliver to a neighbor instead of me even though number is correct in label. Lazada always tracks them down and sends driver to apologize. Ordered a glass tea kettle, driver shakes the box indicating to me the glass is shattered inside...takes care of everything, 7 days later refund in my account...didn't have to do a thing, Just received a food dehydrator yesterday, works like a champ, packed well and delivered on time. I love Lazada.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It seems you put the gazebo up, as such it wasn't Lazada fault as it wasn't damaged at all. It got damaged later. I've just been in touch with lazada

i'm looking to order a treadmill.

Consider looking at decathlon (also online). At least you can get a lot of reviews on their stuff as its sold world wide. They seem to have 5 different models. I don't own any of them but decathlon is a decent shop.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, head bender said:

C.O.D. always only a fool pays for nothing

I always pay ahead, as i hate having cash money around to the exact amount needed. Far too much of a hassle for all the stuff i order. All the time saved not having to look for cash and change weighs up to the few problems i had (and were all easily settled by lazada).

So this fool saved a lot of time. Now I have always lived in BKK area so delivery is good c.o.d. might be useful for those living in the sticks and other places where delivery is spotty.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, NE1 said:
From Lazada today 

Jun.08 17:55
TB1oavWWkT2gK0jSZFkXXcIQFXa-24-24.png

Attempt to Deliver Your Parcel Was Not Successful

We are sorry that delivery today was unsuccessful due to Failed delivery reason: force majeure. You will be contacted by BEST for next attempt within 1-2 days.

19:15hrs  - 2 mins ago we get a phone call from the delivery guy , I'm sat outside your house are you at home..........10/10 for delivery  man.

Lazada , do you really know what's happening.

I get those attempt to delivery all the time.  Even when I am waiting for them all day. I even had one say he attempted delivery at about 10 pm once. Best is the worst.

• Haha 1

i wanted to buy a smartphone on lazada, some prices were incredibly low

so i checked the reviews and was shocked to discover that many people

cpmplain about fake phones !!

now this is criminal !!

selling IPHONE 12 fake as real is A CRIME !!

IN the west those sellers would go to jail and have criminal record !!

On 12/27/2018 at 9:56 AM, janclaes47 said:

lso the emails that they need my feedback, i can't be bothered about, because if you have negative feedback it will not be published anyway

SAME like in aliexpress- they publish only positive reviews and negative reviews might

put you in a risk of black listing

3 hours ago, thaitom said:

I get those attempt to delivery all the time.  Even when I am waiting for them all day. I even had one say he attempted delivery at about 10 pm once. Best is the worst.

Yeah, they should be prosecuted under the trades description act and renamed 'worst'

They are better here, but in my old place on one occasion, they called in the afternoon to find the location, they didn't make that day, so we called them the next day, and they couldn't deliver in the morning, and did actually ended up delivering at 9.00-10.00 pm at night.

Shoppee is more reputable.

Easier returns.

Sellers doesn't receive his money from Shoppee until you get a chance to inspect the package.  

Similar to Amazon.

More insentive to not try and rip you off.

I've got to return a broken lamp from Lazada today.

I still use Lazada.  In my experience there the fastest and I live in Issan.

Many problems though.

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Consider looking at decathlon (also online). At least you can get a lot of reviews on their stuff as its sold world wide. They seem to have 5 different models. I don't own any of them but decathlon is a decent shop.

nothing to do with their treadmills though .....

https://www.9news.com.au/national/decathlon-australia-ordered-to-pay-over-one-million-for-failing-to-comply-with-safety-standards/c03e7ce3-f81c-4aad-90a5-4c968da45064

The Australian arm of French sporting goods juggernaut Decathlon has been ordered by the Federal Court to pay $1.5 million for selling products that did not comply with safety standards.

image.png.293f1393610bbc99ba32dffb5e92ff9e.png