BANGKOK 26 March 2019 16:55
MJCM

Fast Track options available @DMK ?

On 12/14/2018 at 2:06 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

If its the the same airline and ticket then it becomes partly the airlines job to get you to the connecting flight

I understand that may be the case if the airline itself booked the flights for a person but I believe if the OP booked them himself, he's entirely on his own.

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Not the same airline.

International (arriving) is with Air Asia

Domestic (leaving) is with Nok Air

My mistake and my bad if the planning falls through and we can't get to the Domestic Flight on time.

Worst case scenario then is staying a Night in Bangkok and pay for another flight (if I can't change dates with the Domestic Airline) or get a taxi or a Bus

Lesson Learned

One problem you will have is that many AirAsia flights use gates that are as far from immigration as you can get certainly the Japan flights usually use gate 12 and that's one of the most distant ones.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MJCM said:

Not the same airline.

International (arriving) is with Air Asia

Domestic (leaving) is with Nok Air

My mistake and my bad if the planning falls through and we can't get to the Domestic Flight on time.

Worst case scenario then is staying a Night in Bangkok and pay for another flight (if I can't change dates with the Domestic Airline) or get a taxi or a Bus

Lesson Learned

I honestly believe you'll be fine, if worse comes to worse speak to one of the immigration guys and they'll help you skip the queue, happens all the time 🙂

But if you do get stuck then you could do much worse than stay at the Amari at DMK, absolutely lovely hotel, just look at it as an extension to your holiday 🙂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Wouldn't a simple phone call  to the companies  be a lot faster in getting your answer rather than emails.

It's generally not especially expensive to call any major country in the world.

I still have lots of time, it's not that I'm flying tomorrow and 2 of 3 companies I emailed have already replied that they don't do it anymore.

Ps: I am in Thailand, we are just going for a Holiday abroad for Christmas and New Years.

13 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

One problem you will have is that many AirAsia flights use gates that are as far from immigration as you can get certainly the Japan flights usually use gate 12 and that's one of the most distant ones.

Or you get bused in from the Plane, but do they do that for International Flights ? (Not sure)

Domestic Departures at DMK use buses to transfer passengers to the planes.

22 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

Coral Executive Services should be able to handle Fast Track for Don Mueang 

https://www.coralthailand.com/

Thx for the tip so send them an email this morning and I got this reply back just now

TV.jpg.9eee5d622c4c56c6d86c12547d45732f.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MJCM said:

Or you get bused in from the Plane, but do they do that for International Flights ? (Not sure)

Domestic Departures at DMK use buses to transfer passengers to the planes.

Yes both international and domestic flights inbound or outbound may use buses or air bridges, no set rule.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 12/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, MJCM said:

Thx for the tip so send them an email this morning and I got this reply back just now

TV.jpg.9eee5d622c4c56c6d86c12547d45732f.jpg

Thanks for this update - we had a phone call to them for some clients travelling domestic later this month to say they can do
Going to follow up showing your screenshot tomorrow to double check now!

Let's see 🙂