Where to buy oven or microwave light bulbs?

Guderian

Does anybody know? I need a small, low wattage, heat resistant incandescent light bulb with a screw connector for a special lamp, so a microwave or oven bulb should do if I can find the right size of connector. I can get them from Lazada but then I'm not 100% sure of the connection size, I'd like to be able to compare it with the light socket in the lamp so I would prefer an actual store. I looked in Friendship and Amorn but they didn't have anything. Has anybody seen them in some other store, maybe one of the DIY places like Home Pro or Thai Watsadu? Thanks for any help.

33 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

We were able to obtain refrigerator lamp at the local electric shophouse store here in Bangkok.

I had one of those not far away, he'd have been able to help but he closed down a year or so back. It all seems to be LED shops here now. The supermarkets are mostly LED bulbs too, with a few halogen lamps still around and the odd compact fluorescent unit. Incandescent bulbs seem few and far between. I need something that will generate heat, the lamp uses the heat source to produce beneficial ions supposedly, so a refrigerator bulb probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

30 minutes ago, madmen said:

Home pro carry a big selection. Just take a bulb with you

Right thanks, I'll pop along there and have a look. If you're in Pattaya do both the stores have them, or just the one by Bic C Extra or on Sukhumvit?

Right thanks, I'll pop along there and have a look. If you're in Pattaya do both the stores have them, or just the one by Bic C Extra or on Sukhumvit?
I got my fridge lamp from big c but I don't know about microwave however I would be really surprised if they didn't

2 hours ago, madmen said:
2 hours ago, Guderian said:

I got my fridge lamp from big c but I don't know about microwave however I would be really surprised if they didn't

Electra shop almost opposite of PTT Thepprasit  , bit more to the right , on left side coming from Sukhumvit..

They has the smallest possible for micro wave,,just bring yur old old one

OP if no joy try the electrical shop at the bottom of Pattaya Nua - about 50 yards past the bus station entrance on the same side - the first shop is retail and there is normally someone there who speak English and the next one is the trade part.

If you have the bulb language may be optional.......:smile: 

19 hours ago, tontraveller said:

Electra shop almost opposite of PTT Thepprasit  , bit more to the right , on left side coming from Sukhumvit..

I can't say that I've ever noticed an electrical shop there but I live close by on soi 8 so I'll drop by and have a look, thanks.

14 hours ago, topt said:

OP if no joy try the electrical shop at the bottom of Pattaya Nua - about 50 yards past the bus station entrance on the same side - the first shop is retail and there is normally someone there who speak English and the next one is the trade part.

If you have the bulb language may be optional.......:smile: 

Bit too far away for me, but thanks anyway.

21 hours ago, madmen said:
21 hours ago, Guderian said:

I'll check next time I'm in there, thanks.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:43 PM, tontraveller said:

From the outside I assumed that was just another LED shop but they carry a good stock of other bulbs too. I took the broken bulb so they could see the fitting size and they had what I wanted so I bought four to keep me going. Thanks for the tip.

Archived