US Embassy reminder: Income affidavits for visas to cease Jan 1

2 hours ago, jimn said:

You sir need to do a lot more homework I am afraid. Listen to what Ubonjoe has told you and you will not go wrong. Argue with him if you wish, however you will find he is right most of the time. You really need to choose your words better as a new contributor, you may need peoples advice at some stage, best not to rub people up the wrong way.

Jim, noted.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

That will be worth waiting for then.....................

Not holding my breath.

Me neither!

And even in the highly unlikely event of some key statement emerging from the Big Wigs over coming weeks, there would, of course, be no guaranteee that any resultant procedural changes would be implemented by each and every office straight away. In this connection it was recently reported on here that the Petchaburi Immigration Office still required Embassy income confirmations to be no older than 3 months despite the Immigration Bureau directive issued in 2013 authorising a maximum validity period of 6 months!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can enter as many times as you want to for the year the visa is valid.

You would not need a re-entry permit until after your visa expire or if you would be out of the country when it expires. You would need a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the last one year entry from the visa. You could apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht at immigration that would be valid for entry to the country up to the date your last one year permit to stay ends.

Ubonjoe, cool, thanks for the clarification. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lipoman said:

Olmate, my suggestion is put the 800K THB into the bank, as I will do, and not worry about this situation any further.  That is what my inference was to the whining on this forum. 

As I previously questioned, can you (or others) get a loan from a financial institution in your home country equivalent to 800K THB, and then put it into a Thai bank? 

Additionally, although the Thai Immigration rules have changed, the farangs must adapt to these changes.  It sucks, I understand. 

Remember: non-Thais are living in Thailand purely by the good grace of the Thai authorities, who, if they chose to do so, could require all farangs to depart Thailand. 

I play by the immigration rules here in Korea, and for these past 25 years, I have had zero problems with any immigration matter.  

Yes playing by the rules is the best option, not the only one tho! And rules change hence this whole series of topics and much input from those impacted.Your suggestion is the obvious one,no need to suggest it and it’s pro n cons have been mega scrutinised here. As I noted more homework will give you a better grasp and prevent you making simple stumbles.The most obvious in your response is referencing Korea, certainly a world away from here in terms of good grace of authority! And as for the loan, that’s for the agent to organise! Good luck by the way....

• Haha 1