Travel isurance

Gandtee

I am 85 and require travel insurance. I was assured by my previous insurance company that I could be insured during my eighty-fifth year. Now they say no. The galling part is that the tickets have been purchased and are not refundable. Can anyone advise me of an Insurance company who provide persons of my age travel insurance? 

17 minutes ago, madmen said:

Where are you?

Bangkok. I've been dealing with AIG and my wife was assured over the phone that I could be insured during my eighty-fifth year. On that information, the tickets were purchased.  

Of course will depend on where your going/how long/need insurance in USA?

If no USA visits of course cheaper.

But that aside try here

www.imglobal.com

I use them for 3 month trips & prices are ok

I just tested as 85 male to see & yes it works but I did not know where your going

nor citizenship etc

Just go try the quick input they have & you will get a online quote in less than a minute

Patriot International from their final choice list usually has best rates & is highly rated

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Bangkok. I've been dealing with AIG and my wife was assured over the phone that I could be insured during my eighty-fifth year. On that information, the tickets were purchased.  

Usally travel insurance only be purchased prior to travelling.

1 hour ago, MalandLee said:

Race, Nationality, country of passport

Eg.. Australian male, traveling on Australian passport, no known health issues.....

Some companies will take "certain" seniors of your vintage... But need a "few" details.

I'm British. Reside in Thailand. Visiting family in New Zealand. 

Seems like I should have got the insurance before the ticket was purchased.

If you positively can NOT get insurance here and it's it's a short trip just go.

The odds are really slim and I'm guessing your not going bungy jumping at your age

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

If you positively can NOT get insurance here and it's it's a short trip just go.

The odds are really slim and I'm guessing your not going bungy jumping at your age

I agree. It's the free fall parachuting I'm a tad concerned about.???? Thanks anyway. 

13 hours ago, Gandtee said:

You're in your 86th year.

World Nomads an option?

11 hours ago, madmen said:

You can just as easily get hit by a car, or get dengue fever on a short trip as a long one.

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Well, life does have its ups and downs.

????

I have completed some 5 or 6 bungee jumps, the last one being in my 60's. If your Dr was ok with something like that - DO IT. There was an elderly lady (102 yrs young) who recently completed a tandem sky diving jump (in Australia?)!

Whatever is on your bucket list, go fo it. And there is probably no 'safer' place than NZ to take a 'risk'. Better to be hospitalised in NZ (from whatever cause) than Thailand.

Ultimately we all die.

southern cross  [email protected]  I have just looked it up and yes they take age 85 if problem person mail me good luck

It is a large new zealand  health cover  business I have just booked my partner with it and every year we go I use them.

I also was covered b4 i stayed here  with them for a year and was involved with the new years great wave that came in on boxing day that killed heaps of people and had no bother with them re claims.  Hence why I always use them for my Thai partner. 

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I can see AXA doesnt mention any age exclusions for their travel insurance.

https://direct.axa.co.th/TA/CoverageOptionPlan

Doesnt mean that they dont exist though. They have an online chat on which you can pose the question.

I got mine from AA insurance Pattaya this week. Up to age 86. I'm on a countdown. Only another year to go. Ah well.

Archived