Pattaya High Season and Prices

nickt092

1 hour ago, BigT73 said:

Has anyone else noticed the Pattaya-Jomtien condo graveyards?  90% + finished projects now sitting decaying slowly not a single soul moved in. Most these projects look within the last 5 years.

Certainly there are many buildings around where long-term occupancy seems to be minimal. However that should not mean that the building is decaying. Common fees are still being paid (or should be) and maintenance should still be done. How good an investment they were is another matter.

Many of these apparently empty units do actually have some owners from Bangkok staying at weekends, though certainly not all.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

Any Jomtien condos where you can rent from a management company rather than from an individual?

Technically the building management is prohibited from owning and renting units, as is the building itself, though some building managements offer a rental service for co-owners (officially or unofficially) via the front office. You can also find many rental agencies around town, and in most popular buildings, and some of these may be fairly honest and decent (some are out and out crooks).

There are also some so-called condotels which contain both condominium units and hotel units, though in theory the two types of unit should be kept very separate.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Certainly there are many buildings around where long-term occupancy seems to be minimal. However that should not mean that the building is decaying. Common fees are still being paid (or should be) and maintenance should still be done. How good an investment they were is another matter.

Many of these apparently empty units do actually have some owners from Bangkok staying at weekends, though certainly not all.

I was saying the 90% finished new projects. Walls and ceilings not painted still with render, wires hanging out where A/C and all works abandoned for atleast 1 year or more. 

1 hour ago, BigT73 said:

I was saying the 90% finished new projects. Walls and ceilings not painted still with render, wires hanging out where A/C and all works abandoned for atleast 1 year or more. 

Ah, I see. Yes there are some like that though usually once they get to that late stage there is a lot of financial incentive to get them finished and to get the titles transferred. Buildings "on hold" tend to be at the earlier bare concrete stage. There are many examples of that.

35 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Ah, I see. Yes there are some like that though usually once they get to that late stage there is a lot of financial incentive to get them finished and to get the titles transferred. Buildings "on hold" tend to be at the earlier bare concrete stage. There are many examples of that.

Its sad to see when they get stuck at the concrete stage,  parts of Jomtien beach were a eyesore, but they have started new works on some of these.  If your bored and travelleling on Theprasit rd directly opposite the Coleseum Building is a newish building called Singha Deluck a grand looking place drive into the road next to Singha about 300 meters down you will see one of these abandoned projects.  They usually are out of the way in back areas maybe thats why they never took off.  I still know another 4 like that one I mentioned.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, Henryford said:

Buying a condo is crazy here, especially if you come from the UK with the Pound at 41. A nice one would cost 100-150,000 GBP !!! In a third world country.

With the politics going on in the UK one has to ask: Which one is the third world country...

On 12/14/2018 at 12:11 AM, KittenKong said:

Thai economics 101. They rely on new idiots arriving on every banana boat.

Property asking prices in Pattaya have been delusional for many years. No one in his right mind would ever pay anything even close to the asking price, be it for rentals or purchase.

I say shop around. I have always felt it was a 2 tier system, one for tourists and one for people who live here, make sure you get on the right one! I would still say it is a buyers market with both houses and condos, but the agents always push people towards new developments where the prices are held high and the agents are offered good commissions.

The OP is totally wrong and out of touch and his comments are bogus.

The Base has increased some but was never 1.5 million.

Rents from my experience are actually down my buddy just rented an ocean view in a new building for 10,000 b a month.

Check online 1000's of places for 15,000 b and lower.

Just all untrue OP info......

Archived