Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 July 2019 05:33
SCOTT FITZGERSLD

Thai man take their time to attack a tourist in Hua him walking street

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

The guy was from South Asia, a.k.a. the Indian sub continent. I have seen a number of examples of Indians holidaying in Thailand and behaving completely inappropriately towards women, i.e. sexually assaulting them. It does sound like this was the case here. One of the Thais actually claimed this as the reason for the assault and the D.J. touching his backside, was either demonstrating the nature of the allegation or saying, "How do you like it, you dirty pervert?".

 

If you had seen the incident from the beginning, not just the end game, you would have probably thought that he got less than he deserved.

 

Another thing that I've seen before, Thai instant justice. Works for me.

so what are you saying, dude? that it's ok to beat a tourist if he is from south asia / indian sub contnent? or that it is ok to smack a tourist 7-8 times if he behave "completely inappropriately"? either way, you are absolutely wrong, and stinking from racism. thai street people / police can keep their "thai instant justice" for themselves. funny how people here think, they justify a vicious attack on lone tourist with pathetic excuses. propably cause they are affraid to admit to themselves that they live in a dangerous country as low class people who can be beaten badly anytime , any place, without a rule of law to protect them.

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the most outragous thing was, as mentioned, that those two thai man felt to comfortable to beat that tourist. they did not mind at all that they are attacking him in middle of the walking street, surrounded by tourists. it was as if they are saying : this is our country and we will smack the hell out of you if you do not behave the way we like

This attitude strikes me a lot as well. I've said it before a million times that the arrogance of the Thai male is beyond most visitors' understanding. I've been the victim of such arrogance, in fact -- king-hit from behind* by a weasel who then casually sauntered away as if he assaulted people like this ten times before breakfast every day.
 

Sadly, there's stuff-all you can do about it. Stop worrying about other tourists -- they pay their money, they take their chances like everyone else.

 

*For the dastardly crime of parking my motorcycle in a public area claimed by the baht bus mafia (other bikes were there, but I appeared to be the only farang). 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

yes , i heard many stories like that, i even have a friend who was allmost beaten to death, kicked in the head by four thai man (whom he claimed to be policeman, but i did not believe) in the middle of a busy street, middle of the day. the reason - a business dispute he had with another thai - chinese businessman.  but i never saw it. now that i saw it - i believe and feel very different about thailand.

I would add they do not actually have to be police, they may be or simply affiliated to and protected by the police, acting as a street enforcer in areas that raise significant revenue for the police i.e. bar areas. Try acting like a prick on Soi Cowboy and watch them appear from nowhere. They dress in a particular way and act with a great deal of confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I would add they do not actually have to be police, they may be or simply affiliated to and protected by the police, acting as a street enforcer in areas that raise significant revenue for the police i.e. bar areas. Try acting like a prick on Soi Cowboy and watch them appear from nowhere. They dress in a particular way and act with a great deal of confidence.

yes. dressed in black.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

so what are you saying, dude? that it's ok to beat a tourist if he is from south asia / indian sub contnent? or that it is ok to smack a tourist 7-8 times if he behave "completely inappropriately"? either way, you are absolutely wrong, and stinking from racism. thai street people / police can keep their "thai instant justice" for themselves. funny how people here think, they justify a vicious attack on lone tourist with pathetic excuses. propably cause they are affraid to admit to themselves that they live in a dangerous country as low class people who can be beaten badly anytime , any place, without a rule of law to protect them.

No. I'm saying that if someone sexually assaults a woman in a bar, they deserve a kicking. If the "rule of law" had been applied, the officer dealing with the case, would have relieved said tourist of a couple of thousand baht and allowed him to walk.

 

The Thais who dealt with him knew this and dealt with it summarily. Good for them.

 

I didn't say that someone from South Asia is more likely to have this happen to them, purely because they are Indian. I said that you are more likely to see Indians sexually assaulting Thai women than other races, therefore are more likely to receive "instant justice". Not racist, just a fact concerning visitors to Thailand.

 

In my book, anyone, no matter what their race, who thinks it's appropriate to sexually assault a woman, needs a good kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No. I'm saying that if someone sexually assaults a woman in a bar, they deserve a kicking

Apparently your not mates with the Aussie bloke in Pattaya about a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No. I'm saying that if someone sexually assaults a woman in a bar, they deserve a kicking.

Define sexual assault, then separate it from plying their trade, and apply it equally to their treatment of potential male customers. Starts to get hard to define, not many bars I've visited where the girls (and boys dressed as girls) haven't touched my bum or crotch areas.

If I were to give them a 'good kicking' every time it happened I'd be dead or in jail.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary justice is fine as long as the TAT warn all tourists upon entry that police vigilantes are in operation in all major tourist areas and their decision is final.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HLover said:

Apparently your not mates with the Aussie bloke in Pattaya about a year ago.

The girl involved invited him to strangle her. She was well known for it. I was in said bar the day before the incident and saw her doing the same thing to a customer. The American misread the situation. If he'd left it to the girls, staff, security to deal with, it wouldn't have happened.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Only if you behave very inappropriately. I have visited and lived here for a number of years. Never been assaulted by a Thai. There's almost always a reason behind them attacking a farang.

The guy attacked in this case was a Kairk.

No farangs involved in any way, shape or form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The guy attacked in this case was a Kairk.

No farangs involved in any way, shape or form.

Same applies. He wasn't attacked because of his race, he was attacked because of his unacceptable behaviour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

yes i will forget about it, but also will forget about holidaying in thailand. This case proved to me

how cheap is my life and security in thailand, and how easily i can be beaten and attacked in abusy  main street.

If you get drunk and behave like an idiot, s**t can happen everywhere. More so in red light areas.

..Or are you one who think that tourists, as they spend money, can do everything they like ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Define sexual assault, then separate it from plying their trade, and apply it equally to their treatment of potential male customers. Starts to get hard to define, not many bars I've visited where the girls (and boys dressed as girls) haven't touched my bum or crotch areas.

If I were to give them a 'good kicking' every time it happened I'd be dead or in jail.

And some customers go beyond what's acceptable. I always had the rule to let the girl do the running. If she touched my bum, or whatever, it was OK for me to reciprocate. Different girls in different bars have different limits. It's all a matter of showing a bit of respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

The girl involved invited him to strangle her. She was well known for it. I was in said bar the day before the incident and saw her doing the same thing to a customer. The American misread the situation. If he'd left it to the girls, staff, security to deal with, it wouldn't have happened.

Fair enough, they are known for poking their noses where they do not belong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in my book no one deserves a good kicking

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

No. I'm saying that if someone sexually assaults a woman in a bar, they deserve a kicking. If the "rule of law" had been applied, the officer dealing with the case, would have relieved said tourist of a couple of thousand baht and allowed him to walk.

 

The Thais who dealt with him knew this and dealt with it summarily. Good for them.

 

I didn't say that someone from South Asia is more likely to have this happen to them, purely because they are Indian. I said that you are more likely to see Indians sexually assaulting Thai women than other races, therefore are more likely to receive "instant justice". Not racist, just a fact concerning visitors to Thailand.

 

In my book, anyone, no matter what their race, who thinks it's appropriate to sexually assault a woman, needs a good kicking.

i guess anywhere in the world a tourist will get a "good kicking" if he "sexually assaulted" a local woman. but this is not what i saw. i described what i saw. the tourist was walking drunk, but did not touch nobody. maybe he did few hours ago or the night before, but than, does he deserve to be attacked like that? no. not in my book. and as i wrote in the headline, the thai man took their time attacking him. they did it casually and comfortably , as if they are used to it. it was not a heated argument. it was not spontaneous. they had a system. they had a custom. they were used to it. it was not their first time. and as mentioned, they did it in front of everybody , right in the middle of the walking street. it has nothing to do with justice and nothing to do with "instant justice". it is just brutality and criminality. if that's how you think tourists should be treated - suit yourself. does not suit me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...