"Thailand is safe" - police tell tourists after cop guns down Frenchman in cold blood

webfact

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

You need to go away and learn some stuff. Everything I said is demonstrably true and the only people who would argue are those who want to think it isn't, despite what facts exist. I can't be bothered arguing with you, I'd sooner try to teach my dog what entanglement means; at least there's an outside chance he'd understand some of it.

Thats an intelligent response. Instead of addressing the points, resort to ad hominem. Got it.

I win.

7 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Millwall eh? OK That puts things in perspective.

Oh, sorry. Did you still expect to be taken seriously?

Millwall...

I only give lessons in irony and symbolism on Thursdays. Sorry. Carry on.

But if you want, I can give you your lesson for free.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats an intelligent response. Instead of addressing the points, resort to ad hominem. Got it.

I win.

I guess you do. Console yourself with the thought that if I thought any of the points you made were worth addressing, I would have done so. If you start to feel bad about that, content yourself with having declared yourself the winner.

Personally I didn't think know was a competition but hey, whatever lights your campfire...

11 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

I'm happy enough living here, the absence of choices isn't really a factor. Many, perhaps most who are happy living here manage that feat by voluntarily entering the Thai reality distortion zone and not being bright enough to see it for what it is. I have a feeling it was Marx who invented the expression 'useful idiots', but it might have been someone else, it isn't really important enough to check, someone said it for the first time anyway...

Just so its clear to the members here, other than yourself most of us who are happy here are "not bright enough" or "useful idiots"?

Just so its clear.

Just now, Nyezhov said:

Just so its clear to the members here, other than yourself most of us who are happy here are "not bright enough" or "useful idiots"?

Just so its clear.

Take a deep breath, go away and have a nice cup of tea, then come back and read what I wrote. You'll figure it out.

Just now, HalfLight said:

Take a deep breath, go away and have a nice cup of tea, then come back and read what I wrote. You'll figure it out.

I did. So will many others. But I reckon you aren't confident enough to stand by it. 

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I only give lessons in irony and symbolism on Thursdays. Sorry. Carry on.

But if you want, I can give you your lesson for free.

Thanks, but today's the wrong day. I usually only talk to clowns on Mondays, today's Tuesday. Come back next Monday.

Have a great Tuesday, I'm out.

To Psimbo: In this Thai case it was not a random act, the cop lost the fight and

cowardly went to kill the guy he lost the fight against. Big difference!

This RTP cop can tell us what ever he likes and I can tell what ever I like

to all the peoples I know, stay away from Thailand if you can, if you don't

keep a very low profile while you are here, cops dislike foreigners, the reason?

Jealousy.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I win.

Actually..you  couldn't win a booze up in a brewery on a good day..

Now,what are  we today..British,American,Ruritanian or jest a netizen of the the world?

Wouldn't be Thai,would you?

34 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Actually..you  couldn't win a booze up in a brewery on a good day..

Now,what are  we today..British,American,Ruritanian or jest a netizen of the the world?

Wouldn't be Thai,would you?

Another silly little insulter, lions and tigers and bears O my 55555

Id be proud to be Thai though

3 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Thanks, but today's the wrong day. I usually only talk to clowns on Mondays, today's Tuesday. Come back next Monday.

Have a great Tuesday, I'm out.

Au revoir. Thanks for playing little one

59 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

Made an opinion piece on this topic: 

Im from the book generation, I only watch videos with Blood and Guts or How tos with pointing and suchlike. 

Whats your opinion.?

30 minutes ago, brling said:

Yup, but to want to be a third world citizen (middle income" for you PC apologists),  LAUGHABLE, but no surprise from the defenders of ALL things Thai.

My, my, superior arent we? Perhaps there are some positive values in Thai culture missing in the West.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:08 AM, Galactus said:

yeah he is actually right. shit happens and such things happen a lot more in our so called Western civilizations.

crime rate is a lot low when compared to Europe and not much muslim car runs or bombs explode here too.

please tell me you are joking, i assume you do not live here or have not been here much

On 12/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, SmartyMarty said:

"Thailand is safe".....NO IT ISN'T.

What country is safe when you engage in unsafe behavior?  I personally would never put myself in this kind of situation.  This wasn't a random act of violence.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/41-year-old-french-tourist-shot-in-cold-blood-in-bangkok-by-off-duty-thai-policemen.html

Jawanjira Nutakrai, the dead man’s 32-year-old Thai girlfriend, said Mr. Djamel was a frequent visitor to Thailand and that the two men had known each other for nearly a year. She said they were drinking in the bar together and Djamel had become jealous because she was talking to the policeman, which initiated a fist fight between the two men.

Witnesses said the policeman was on the losing end of the fist fight and later followed Djamel back to the condominium building, where he stayed, and shot him dead on the first floor. The Frenchman was shot twice, in the chest and hip.

44 minutes ago, sudsy said:

What country is safe when you engage in unsafe behavior?  I personally would never put myself in this kind of situation.  This wasn't a random act of violence.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/41-year-old-french-tourist-shot-in-cold-blood-in-bangkok-by-off-duty-thai-policemen.html

Jawanjira Nutakrai, the dead man’s 32-year-old Thai girlfriend, said Mr. Djamel was a frequent visitor to Thailand and that the two men had known each other for nearly a year. She said they were drinking in the bar together and Djamel had become jealous because she was talking to the policeman, which initiated a fist fight between the two men.

Witnesses said the policeman was on the losing end of the fist fight and later followed Djamel back to the condominium building, where he stayed, and shot him dead on the first floor. The Frenchman was shot twice, in the chest and hip.

Thank you, sudsy, for the link to that article. There is a very, very interesting additional piece of information in that article. Namely, that the cop is a defendant in another shooting case which is 6 years old

So why does it take 6 years to resolve a shooting incident? Is someone trying to protect this bad cop?

Why would the police allow a cop with a shooting incident to still carry a firearm when the incident has NOT been resolved?  

None of this seems consistent with a police force that really cares about the safety of the people they are supposed to protect!

1 hour ago, Watchful said:

Thank you, sudsy, for the link to that article. There is a very, very interesting additional piece of information in that article. Namely, that the cop is a defendant in another shooting case which is 6 years old

So why does it take 6 years to resolve a shooting incident? Is someone trying to protect this bad cop?

Why would the police allow a cop with a shooting incident to still carry a firearm when the incident has NOT been resolved?  

None of this seems consistent with a police force that really cares about the safety of the people they are supposed to protect!

In the good ol USA lets say a cop gets fired for a shooting incident but not convicted. Or the cop violates some code of conduct and isn't convicted of a crime but gets fired. These can be pretty serious matters that get the police officer fired.  Well within a few years that same cop will be working at another police department.  Happens all the time. I remember reading an article about this in the LA Times years ago so I just did a google and found this.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-police-shootings-officers-20180406-htmlstory.html

As more high-profile shooting investigations come to a close, a pattern has emerged: Departments are firing the officers or forcing their resignations. Even so, some officers win appeals or get policing jobs elsewhere.

Archived