"Thailand is safe" - police tell tourists after cop guns down Frenchman in cold blood

webfact

40 minutes ago, madmen said:

You have comprehension issues. You want to actually read the OP before posting nonsense

Hazing?

Government?

Armed forces?

Corruption?

How on earth will these effect tourism safety? Pathetic emoji122.png

So don't read it then...

The thread was about safety in Thailand, if you can't make the linkages then it might be time for the barstool again...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So don't read it then...

The thread was about safety in Thailand, if you can't make the linkages then it might be time for the barstool again...

You seem to have a thing about barstools! Have you fallen off one too many? Are the barstools unsafe where you are?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Well, most of what you say is your own way of justifying what you already know is unacceptable, but which you can't ignore unless you find a sensible reason to ignore it. So you make one.

Effective, in an unthinking kind of a way.

The article and thread is aimed at whether Thailand is safe for tourists or not. I'm pointing out that many of the things that are unsafe about Thailand do not directly affect tourists. 

I'd say that is a sensible reason to say that Thailand is probably safer for tourists (and expats) than a bitter one like yourself would love to preach. 

Effective from a logical thinking kind of way

12 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

So don't read it then...

It's about safety in Thailand for tourists. Read and understand the headline. It's not rocket science. 

So don't read it then...

Drivel.. has nothing to do with this thread.. Hazing? Yeah right then mate, deadly for tourists

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Nowhere in the world is 'safe'- look at the Thai tourist who was killed in Strasbourg having decided not to visit Paris due to the unrest. This was a random act which can happen anywhere. I do take umbrage at 'trusting the Thai police' though- but that is in general, not based on the actions of an off duty cop.

it doesn't stop the knee-jerk Thaigeezer reactions though.

Whoa. Two unrelated and non comparable events. Strasbourg was the result of an Islamic jihadi on a rampage. If anything, it is comparable to killings in the South of Thailand.  In the the accused merdering police officer, this was his second alleged killing. He should not have been allowed to have a firearm , nor allowed to remain an active police officer while the first murder case was  going on.

And this will certainly shut up the TVFers who like to brag about their connections to the police. The deceased was friends with his alleged killer.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Based on current topics in the news sections on here, I would say Thailand is safe as long as you avoid:

1. swimming pools

2. jet-skis

3. any interaction with Thais

So based on the above I expect to have no trouble at all.

4.  Roads

5.  Boats.

These may have already been added, but I can't be arsed to wade through 6 pages of posts.

3 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Thailand is safe IF you stay in the airport.

Even that might not be the case given the way the immigration police treat some visitors.

I seem to remember a Chinese woman being kidnapped in the airport recently.

Thailand is safe and a lot safer than a lot of countries out there but one has to have a brain and some common sense 

Sadly, many seem to either inhale stupid gas once airplane enters Thai airspace or just leave their brain at home.

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Thailand is safe and a lot safer than a lot of countries out there but one has to have a brain and some common sense 

Sadly, many seem to either inhale stupid gas once airplane enters Thai airspace or just leave their brain at home.

there are many insurance companies that would disagree with you

why?

look at the death rate

2 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

BS!

Most Thai are lawless and hate farang.

rubbish.

but if you honestly believe that you need to look at yourself and the thais you are hanging out with. i have a great many thai friends; well educated - many educated abroad, professional, and extremely friendly and generous people.

you are living in this country and missing out on on much. very sad.

Just now, samsensam said:

but if you honestly believe that you need to look at yourself and the thais you are hanging out with. i have a great many thai friends; well educated - many educated abroad, professional, and extremely friendly and generous people.

But I agree with the lawless bit.

None of your posh mates would think twice bribing a policeman or government official to get something they wanted.

3 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Is this guy stupid or what sYing Thailand is safe for tourists? The Thai police had just killed a French tourist and the police themselves say it is safe. 

Tell me how it worked out in other countries in the world when someone got into a fight with police? Not only in fight but knocked down a cop

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

He didn't knock down a cop, but had a fight with a Thai man in civil clothes.

Oh i see and a cop out of uniform is less of a cop then? Perfect example right here, why there are many deaths, due to total lack of  any and all brain cells

Killing tourist and taking money from tourist isn't safe. I was stopped for not wearing a helmet and they wanted 1000 baht for no ticket and for the motorbike not to be impounded. As many other Thais drove by without helmets. That's not safe ?That's fare? 

Archived