Karaoke shop in Pattaya was front for underage sex with tourists

webfact

Karaoke shop in Pattaya was front for underage sex with tourists

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Chonburi immigration chief Pol Col Songprote Sirisukha, local law enforcement and child protection services conducted a sting yesterday at a Karaoke lounge called Krua Lakhana in Bang Lamung. 

The establishment was found to have two girls under the age of 18 available at 1,500 baht a time for sex. 

Daily News reported that Krua Lakhana was frequented by both foreign and Thai tourists. 

Arrested was manager in charge Lakhana Patthama, 46, who will be charged with human trafficking. 

Karaoke was just a front for what was really going on. Customers were allowed to fondle the ladies and buy them drinks. Sex was also on the menu. 

They charged 120 baht for ladies drinks of which the lady got 80 baht with the shop keeping the rest. For sex it cost 1,500 baht with the girl keeping 1,000 baht. 

Taken into evidence was the money used in the sting after an officer arranged for an underage girl to be taken to a hotel. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-14

Gotta be honest, I don't know of any foreigners going to karaoke bars. Just too many stories of extortion by the police owners. This one must operate independently from police ownership and so it was shut down. 

32 minutes ago, simtemple said:

This is not the only Pattaya bar engaged in human trafficking.

Show the faces of the filthy paedophiles too!DSxHmkuU0AAZu9-.png.e42695b24d28d4417d6ca4a392bbbe83.png

I find it sad when some people mix up bad things with horrible things.

1) Pedophiles are not interested in girls who are 15 or older. Those girls are too old for them. Most underage girls in bars like above are just a little under 18. That is bad but far away from pedophiles who <deleted> 10 year old children.

2) Is it human trafficking if a 17 year old girl works as prostitute in a bar? It could be if she was abducted from home and forced into prostitution. But that is not what happens often (most of the time?) in Thailand.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I find it sad when some people mix up bad things with horrible things.

1) Pedophiles are not interested in girls who are 15 or older. Those girls are too old for them. Most underage girls in bars like above are just a little under 18. That is bad but far away from pedophiles who <deleted> 10 year old children.

2) Is it human trafficking if a 17 year old girl works as prostitute in a bar? It could be if she was abducted from home and forced into prostitution. But that is not what happens often (most of the time?) in Thailand.

What does the law say about foreigner have sex with prostitutes in Thailand? What is the law about under age? 

Often 18 year girls look underage, so do not say they do not have tendencies in that directions. Pure bullshit 

5 hours ago, Ulic said:

Gotta be honest, I don't know of any foreigners going to karaoke bars. Just too many stories of extortion by the police owners. This one must operate independently from police ownership and so it was shut down. 

IME, karaoke bars are almost exclusively used by Thai men.

People don't realise that prostitutes in Thailand have far more Thai customers than foreigners. Also, it's the Thai fishbowls and karaoke bars that employ the underage and bonded workers. If there were no Thai customers under age and sex trafficking in Thailand would cease to exist.

Foreigner doesn't mean Western. 

...and you cannot always tell the age by looking. I knew one girl who was fourteen and you wouldn't have known unless you saw her ID or someone told you. In fact, her fellow worker told me. Not that it would have been an issue, as we were only friends. 

Another told me that she was twenty five and had tampered with her ID to provide 'confirmation'.

Again, someone else let me know(they put her ID under the microscope).

Best way is to avoid all Thai girls. ???? I stick with the 'Western' variety.

Sounds nasty.  Everyone knows that nothing moves in this country, without the hierarchy (police, army and/or government officials) getting their slice.  It's only exposed when someone greedy breaks the chain.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when two girls came to a friends bar looking to work there one was 18 and the other 17 ,both looked old enough and quite pretty ,he would not employ them , but for anyone who goes on about " pedoes" going with these girls its crazy , at this age they certainly do not look like children .

I remember having sex with a 15 year old girl ,it was wonderful .mind you it was my first time and over 50 years ago now , she was so young and pretty , i saw her about 20 years ago ,she was fat ,had 3 kids and living with a guy who was a drunk , oh how things change , oh and we never ever did get to go to a karaoke bar. .

Archived