Girl, 12, held for killing boss who raped her

Rimmer

Girl, 12, held for killing boss who raped her

A seafood restaurant owner who repeatedly raped a 12-year-old employee was stabbed to death by the girl during another attack, Najomtien police say.

The body of Jeerawat Songsawang, 53, was found near the restroom of his Alex & Moo restaurant on Khlong Nammao Beach at Najomtien Soi 18 Dec. 8. He had a single, fatal stab wound to the chest from a knife recovered at the scene.

Wife Nantawan Songsawang, 51, admitted she moved the body before police arrived but denied she had seen or heard the killing. Employees Teerawat Sudpumkaew, 35, was drunk but said he wasn’t in the restaurant when the killing happened. The 12-year-old girl also denied knowledge of what happened.

However, police said they quickly determined that Jeerawat had been sexually abusing the young girl, repeatedly molesting her after getting drunk in the restaurant while his wife slept in the next room. Each time he threatened the girl not to tell anyone, police said.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/girl-12-held-killing-boss-raped-236693

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-14

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is just wrong on so many levels, I didn't even think it was legal to employ under 15s in Thailand.

The concepts of illegal in Thailand only works when some one report on you to the authorities, otherwise knock yourself out and do what you like...

Despite being victimized, the 12-year-old was charged with assault leading to death.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/girl-12-held-killing-boss-raped-236693

I have been attending court for many years, and cannot believe for an instant that the court is going to convict her, or give her any punishment. She is the victim and has been for some time it seems. It is very sad that a 12 year old should be in this position in the first place. What she needs now is counseling and support. I just hope the powers that be, recognise such and do so promptly, before she suffers further.

This little girl now has two psychological loads to bare.

1) the trauma of being repeatedly raped at such a tender age.

2) the knowledge that she (justifiably) killed someone.

Best wishes for her physical and mental well being.

16 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Despite being victimized, the 12-year-old was charged with assault leading to death.

I have been attending court for many years, and cannot believe for an instant that the court is going to convict her, or give her any punishment. She is the victim and has been for some time it seems. It is very sad that a 12 year old should be in this position in the first place. What she needs now is counseling and support. I just hope the powers that be, recognise such and do so promptly, before she suffers further.

agree entirely, it is also surprising that no other adult was aware of what was going on - I find that hard to believe, as usual we will never hear the whole truth about this and who else said nothing or brought it to the attention of the authorities or maybe they did, the whole lot of them are just as deserving as the sicko that got what was coming - this girl was obviously in a very distressing situation and found no way out forcing her to do what she did - defended herself

What a terrible situation, a girl being molested by a drunken pervert.

She should never have been working in the first place.

Was the wife aware of what was happening? Why did she move the body?

What was the wife trying to cover up?

Poor girl will be traumatized for life, and the poor girl she get help, not charged.

What a place we live in, obviously the little girl had no one to help her, and she did the only thing she could do.

Please help her, don't charge her, actually she deserves a prize for doing a service to the society.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

This is just wrong on so many levels, I didn't even think it was legal to employ under 15s in Thailand.

.... and that slavery had been abolished ...

( Kindly note that I did not add my usual RIP in this post. If all is as reported, we might introduce a RIH acronym. )

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

If this story is true this girl should not be arrested. She should be recognised in some way for her services to the community.

They have seminars to teach Thai women how to deal with farrang husbands. She should be an advisor in a seminar for underaged victims of sexual predators.

54 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

To make it look like a break-in so that the girl wasn't charged. As she knew everything and approved of the girl's act.

Interesting theory. Perhaps the wife was the killer, but then again, they could check for fingerprints on the kife.

Employees Teerawat Sudpumkaew, 35, was drunk but said he wasn’t in the restaurant when the killing happened. The 12-year-old girl also denied knowledge of what happened.

Nantawan, obviously aware of the nefarious deeds of her husband, had Teerawat help her move the body to the back of the restaurant to make it look like a break-in.

I PERSONALLY admire this young girl as a 'HERO'.......... I would like somebody to start a 'fund' for her and I personally would contribute at least 5000 baht of my own money to a fund to help get her a future other than Jail.........

With her 'trauma' that she wouldn't forget, can't you imagine if she was encouraged to learn and was funded through University, what a fighter she would be to save other children as herself, in the future...........

Maybe some 'Save the Children' Organization could assist this girl and in the future she could 'Join Them'.....

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the 'wife' of that dead boss would adopt this girl and put her through some university????

Include ME in the 'NO RIP' for this boss.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A person under the age of 15 cannot be convicted in Thailand. What the authorities can do is place someone in care or a reform school.

Archived