Fake monk busted for collecting alms for drugs

Rimmer

Fake monk busted for collecting alms for drugs

image.png

SATTAHIP:--A fake monk from Chai­yaphum was arrested for soliciting alms to fund his drug habit.

Sakorn Kamboonked, 47, was arrested after Sattahip officers said he was acting suspiciously. Dressed like a monk, complete with a Phra Rod Lumpoon amulet, he was collecting alms from shoppers at the Bangsarae Market.

Under questioning, Sakorn admitted he was not really a monk but was severely addicted to methamphetamines. He apologized to those who gave him the 2,900 baht in his alms bowl, saying he needed the money to buy more drugs.

He was charged with use of a Class 1 narcotic after failing a drug test.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-14

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He wasn't a monk.  Real monks are not allowed by law solicit for cash.

Doesn't matter. What about all the so called real monks  who do /done /and will do the same , buying expensive cars ,launder money, have kiks, do drugs, do drink alcohol, buying I phones collect money,,, and some more .

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He wasn't a monk.  Real monks are not allowed by law solicit for cash.

He wasnt a real monk, so what he was only doing exactly the same as so-called real monks do every day.

Real monks are not allowed to solicit for cash:cheesy:

Tell that to the monks who were at my gate begging for cash, when i gave the 2 of them 20 baht each, 1 threw it on the ground and demanded 100 baht.

Before you post saying i am making that up, i posted about that incident on here a few months back.

I see fake monks occassionally, one guy in cm in particular.

i can tell he is fake because the robe is not the same, it's newer and the wood beads he has are larger. Looks like a kit one would buy from a haloween shop, or a Chinese monk.

i also don't get a humble vibe from him like I do from real monks.

he he also seems to "be around" a lot instead of in a temple and he solicits in main tourist areas rather then locally as real monks would.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Agree but wouldn't those who gave him nearly 3000 baht know this?

Maybe not. Possibly a few Westerners at the market there. Add this fact to that of most beggars being run by a Thai controller and really one should not be giving out cash to any outstretched palm.

Archived