Video: Last moments of motorcyclist as 18 wheeler flees the scene

rooster59

2 hours ago, Mich007 said:

Ok, so everyone is rambling on about who was wrong. This is a horrible accident. I have seen it and lost friends that way. What I find unsettling is the disinterest to help this person. The person with the dashcam comments and then drives away. The other road users see it is a person, he is dead and then drives away, like this HUMAN being is just another case of roadkill.

How about the guy running out to take a picture, then hears the sirens and runs away, doesn't even try to see if the guy is alive or not.  At least the guy on the motor scooter stopped, most would just go around him and carry on.  when you see it first hand you will know, this is not an isolated incident

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/16/2018 at 5:12 AM, Huckenfell said:

Look again, the motorcyclist was riding steadily in the m/c lane. The truck definately cut the corner into the m/c lane and run him down. This truck drive obviously does not know how wide he should  place his truck to avoid enroaching on the m/c lane on a bend. HE is the guilty one not the M/c.

Motorcycle lane??  I have seen them marked in China, Indonesia, Africa even with their own stop lights/signs but not in Thailand..........

Alright. Was finally able to get ahold of my neighbour (and former landlord) who has been a traffic cop with the RTP for 18 years.

I printed a capture from the video, where the bike was in the middle of the shoulder near the rear of the truck and the truck hadn't started turning yet. As soon as I showed the pic to my friend, he knew immediately where it came from.

He confirmed that the shoulder is NOT a "bike" lane or "m/c" lane, period. By law, the scooter should have stayed behind the truck and if he wanted to pass him, he should have gone around the right side.
The truck did nothing wrong. He signalled well ahead of the turn and even when his tires went slightly onto the shoulder, there is nothing wrong with that. That is what the shoulders are for - to give a small gap between the lane and soft edge of the road.

Just because you see lots of people riding on the shoulder does not mean it's legal. It just means the law isn't being enforced. Just like it was never legal to ride on the sidewalks and only recently have they started cracking down on that.
It's unlikely that they will start any kind of crackdown on people riding on the shoulder any time soon, however if you are riding on the shoulder and get into an accident, I wouldn't try claiming that you have any kind of "right" to be riding there.

But feel free to argue that with the next traffic cop you see !

Forgive me for not reading the whole topic, but it's immediately obvious to me that the motorcyclist tried to undertake on the left and rode into the truck driver's blind spot (why there is a rule not to undertake on the nearside) and the truck was clearly signalling a left turn. Motorcyclist 100 percent to blame. Phuk 'im, one less idiot on the roads.

Trucker 100 percent to blame for running in the absence of guilt, he did nothing wrong. He was probably scared, panicked, wife and kids to support etc, understandable, but he shouldn't have ran. A professional driver would instinctively known he did nothing wrong. . . but there are no professionals here.

Archived