Video: Pattaya top brass says sorry, gives 20,000 baht to Dutch jetski accident victim

rooster59

Video: Pattaya top brass says sorry, gives 20,000 baht to Dutch jetski accident victim

561000012897701.JPEG

Image: Manager

Pattaya's top brass turned out in force yesterday to visit the woman from the Netherlands who was hit on Jomtien beach by a jetski on Thursday. 

Forty two year old Wendy Wijmenga suffered ligament damage to her right knee.

She is waiting to hear from her insurance before deciding whether to have an operation at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or return to have it done at home. 

Yesterday she was visited by Pattaya police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch, Bang Lamung district chief Amnat Charoensri and deputy mayor Pramet Ngampichet among others. 

She was presented with flowers and a 20,000 baht handout from a tourist accident fund to help with expenses.

She said through an interpreter that she was grateful for all the concern and would definitely be returning to Pattaya, reported Pattaya News.

Meanwhile, the rider of the jetski is helping police with their inquiries after he was found not to have the requisite captain's license. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-15

She doesn't realise that she has accepted a financial settlement and may have inadvertently closed the case. No prosecution of the individual recklessly and illegally riding the jetski and no prosecution or investigation of the owner of the jetski who he "borrowed" it off.

Still, as the jetski guys are under the patronage of the powers that be in Pattaya, any investigation would not have been credible any way.

I do hope the victim makes a full recovery. This kind of injury often comes back to cause chronic pain later in life. A careful and well-executed recovery plan helps to reduce future problems. The fact that she is hospitalised leads me to suspect that the ligament damage is at the upper end of the scale.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She is waiting to hear from her insurance before deciding whether to have an operation at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or return to have it done at home

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She was presented with flowers and a 20,000 baht handout from a tourist accident fund to help with expenses

Why she have to pay for operation? 

it should be the jet ski owner insurance there have to pay 

If that's was me I would had said to this top bass,  go stick your bribe up in your a... 

And pay for my accident your people did to me 

27 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Why she have to pay for operation? 

it should be the jet ski owner insurance there have to pay 

Should be, indeed.

But along with no licence (and, apparently, no driving skills) I suspect that the jet-ski operator had no insurance either.

7 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Should be, indeed.

But along with no licence (and, apparently, no driving skills) I suspect that the jet-ski operator had no insurance either.

If Thai people have no insurance and cause accident it should be Thailand there have to pay for tourists get hurt not the tourists 

Thailand's reputation is so bad it will take a miracle to fix it 

Tourists numbers will drop and drop to Thailand is back to be a lazy fishing village 

I can 100% guarantee her travel insurance will not pay to have the surgery done in Bangkok. Insurance covers emergencies only (maybe). If it is possible for you to get home you will be expected to do so and have the surgery on your home healthcare plan. 

59 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I can 100% guarantee her travel insurance will not pay to have the surgery done in Bangkok. Insurance covers emergencies only (maybe). If it is possible for you to get home you will be expected to do so and have the surgery on your home healthcare plan. 

i was in BKK Pattaya for 6 ngts in 2006 MY INSURANCE PAID.....

Archived