Three killed, four injured as two pickups collide in Phichit

rooster59

Three killed, four injured as two pickups collide in Phichit

By The Nation

7b023c8d39747fcdeba3121974160f5c.jpeg

Three people were killed and four others injured when a pickup truck crashed into another pickup truck transporting construction workers on Saturday morning.

The accident happened at 8.30am on highway No 115 linking Sam Ngam and Muang district in Phichit.

Both pickups flipped and crashed off the road after impact in Ban Klong None village in Tambon Khachane of Muang district.

The three dead workers were identified as Pakorn Saisiri, 17, Boonluan Sarasingam, 50, and Sompop Jirapong, 49. They were thrown from the back of the pickup.

Police said a woman, a man and two children from the same pickup were also injured.

The pickup, driven by Noppadol Pho, 32, was transporting construction workers and their families from Muang district to a construction site in Phichit's Pho Thap Chang district when the accident happened.

Police said Noppadol's pickup was hit by another pickup driven by Supipat Pe-ihn, 23, from Samut Prakan's Phra Pradaeng district, who apparently dozed off behind the wheel.

Supipat was arrested and charged with reckless driving causing deaths and injuries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360463

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-15

Once again, people riding in the back of a pick up thrown out on impact, and the government did a u turn on this law earlier this year because Thais were up in arms......

Last night driving home a pick up was tailgating me around a bendy road, when the road straightened out he screamed past at well over 100 kmh, I was doing about 85 as the road is unlit and it is common to have motorbikes camouflaged by having no lights. My Son counted 8 or 9 people sitting in the back, and on the edge of the pick up.....:crazy:

Why should the government enforce the law and save lives , everyone seems to be happy to break the laws and don't care if a lot of people are getting killed by breaking the law. This is what common sense is in Thailand,,,  there's none,,,,

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Once again, people riding in the back of a pick up thrown out on impact, and the government did a u turn on this law earlier this year because Thais were up in arms......

Last night driving home a pick up was tailgating me around a bendy road, when the road straightened out he screamed past at well over 100 kmh, I was doing about 85 as the road is unlit and it is common to have motorbikes camouflaged by having no lights. My Son counted 8 or 9 people sitting in the back, and on the edge of the pick up.....:crazy:

They don't care, so why should we. Let them kill themselves if they want.

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Euthanasia is the only true form of birth control in Thailand, it has some benefits !!

Just wait for the New Year death tally... 7 days of death & carnage.

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Ever get the feeling the Junta just do not care as the only people killed riding in the back of pick up are people unlikely to vote for them ? 

Yes and I have alluded to that many times in the past, sadly. Until the "elitists" (rich, powerful, connected or entitled) are being killed nothing will change, the carnage will continue unabated.  :sad:

Maybe it is, Buddhist, Thai peoples destiny and farang should not be so concerned?

Archived