Frank Bruno talks ahead of his appearance in Hua Hin

rooster59

Frank Bruno talks ahead of his appearance in Hua Hin

Frank-Bruno-1.jpg

Former WBC Heavyweight World Champion Frank Bruno MBE is set to reveal all from his fascinating life when he speaks at an exclusive gala dinner in Hua Hin in January.

This one off event, which takes place at the Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort on Saturday January 12th is a first for the popular resort town.

Bruno had an illustrious boxing career with two high profile losses against Mike Tyson – but he won the World Championship against Oliver McCall in 1995.

However, following his retirement, arguably some of Bruno’s toughest fights have taken place outside the ring.

He has spoken about his ongoing battles with depression and mental health which at its peak, resulted in Bruno being sectioned on several occasions.

This week Thaivisa MD Dan Cheeseman caught up with Frank Bruno for an interview that will be broadcast on local Hua Hin radio station Surf 102.5 FM.

Frank explained how in retirement his main focus is now his foundation, which he setup to help people suffering with mental health issues.

The foundation has found success in helping mental ill health suffers with its ‘healthy body & healthy mind’ approach.

It goes without saying that his training was vital for Frank in his boxing career but he also recognises the crucial role exercising and keeping fit has played with him overcoming his own battles against mental ill health.

Speaking with Thaivisa, Frank put a lot of emphasis on the importance of staying healthy.

“There are lots of ways to stay healthy”, Frank said.

“You’ve always got to try and look after yourself, whether it is going to the gym, training, and eating healthy”

“When you get older, it can be easier to let things slip”.

“Everyone has 24 hours in a day and if you can’t find just one hour to go to the gym, meditate or have a swim, there is something wrong”.

Frank encourages everyone to try and be a little more active, even if it is just going for a walk each day, the benefits could be life changing.

Frank also gave his views on the recent Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury fight, which ended in draw.

“It was a good fight and I thought Tyson won it”, Frank said.

He added that despite Fury being knocked down twice by Wilder, one of which came in the 12th round, he felt that the Fury should have been declared the winner.

On his career in the ring, Frank said that while he achieved his dream by becoming world champion, he doesn’t miss boxing.

“I had a good career, a good innings so I mustn't grumble...but I don’t miss taking punches!”

A gala dinner with Frank Bruno promises to be a fabulous night for Frank Bruno and boxing fans everywhere.

This event is sponsored by leading property developer in Hua Hin Orchid Palm Homes and takes place on Saturday 12th January 2019 630pm at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

Ticket prices 2,800 baht per person or 25,000 baht for a table of 10 and includes a buffet dinner and free flow beer and soft drinks.

Get your tickets now ring Dan on 086 155 2500 or email [email protected]

1768778921_BrunoHUAHINRevisionONLINEJPG.thumb.jpg.32438c76d5389144283aef8104e8908f.jpg

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-16

8 hours ago, Tweedle dee said:

A true gent ... sure to be a sell out ! like his fights were.

Ask his wife if she thought he was a true gent when he was kicking her arse around the house...

you have a very short or selective memory !!!
I followed him when he was on the way up, but when he became a wife beater I changed my mind!

On 22 December 2018 at 7:41 AM, Briggsy said:

Do true gents smoke crack cocaine and then get sectioned?

We all have some demonds in our past. Few are prepared to admit to them openly like Frank has.

You sound like just the sort of person who should go along and listen to what he has to say. 

Archived