British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

rooster59

British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

step0002.png

A British man in Pattaya says he was drugged and robbed after meeting a woman on the street and taking her back to his room.

Mr George Andrew Lerce, 56, told police he had been out drinking on Friday night and went to 7-Eleven before returning to his condo room.

However, outside 7-Eleven he was approached by two women, one of which asked to go with him.

He said that one of the women claimed she had nowhere to stay and asked if she could stay in his room. He agreed and took the “very nice” looking woman back to his room.

But when he woke up on Saturday morning he found more than £1,000 and 3,000 baht in cash, as well as jewelry worth more than 100,000 baht was missing from his room and the lady friend he met outside 7-Eleven was nowhere to be seen.

Mr Lerce also found a small plastic bag which appeared to contain sleeping tablets.

Mr Lerce said the woman must have spiked his drink with the pills, waited until he fell asleep and stole the items from his room.

Police said they are searching for the woman and have released an image of her obtained from the condo CCTV.

They also said they are trying to determine what exactly the pills are that were found in Mr Lerce’s room.

D5A75E45-782D-4751-83B0-30197C26BF5B-1024x577.jpeg

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-16

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news is with the CCTV they will probably catch her. The bad news is she is almost certain to have spent the lot before they do. That said, giving a room for the night to a street walker, is absolutely begging for trouble. A fool and his money are swiftly parted proved once again.

Hmm, I'm sure it's too late now, but if the guy had the presence of mind not to touch the plastic bag, it probably would have her fingerprints on it.

Having said that, it would still need the BIB to actually do some detective work if there were any fingerprints.

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

I got the impression the Police understood, and responded accordingly to this foreigner's plight? 

9 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

The good news is with the CCTV they will probably catch her. The bad news is she is almost certain to have spent the lot before they do. That said, giving a room for the night to a street walker, is absolutely begging for trouble. A fool and his money are swiftly parted proved once again.

If she admits to theft and amounts add up to what OP says , she will be locked up for a few years if no money recovered.

Had a staff thief once, her total stealing spree was around 300 000 baht from different employers. Eventually got caught, admitted to stealing full amounts , could not repay anything , got 10 years in jail.

sometmes thai justice works in strange ways.

cops and judge explained if it’s a large sum, it becomes grand theft , and if no money repaid at all, maximum sentence . If however some money is paid , even a few thousand then only a fine.

1 minute ago, tifino said:

I got the impression the Police understood, and responded accordingly to this foreigner's plight? 

Listen again to the video . Police NOW understand after its being translated to them, but watch video and listen to police responses

ah! but anyways they kept on at him to look at and talk to the video, basically a police interview sequence,

backed up by verbal transcription from original to thai.

One Bib was listening and translating also to the other BIB? so it might appear that at least one of them could understand him? 

at least they made the effort to make sure his evidence was taken and somehow understood ⚖️ 

... never a tourist cop around when you need him... especially at 4am

14 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, I'm sure it's too late now, but if the guy had the presence of mind not to touch the plastic bag, it probably would have her fingerprints on it.

Having said that, it would still need the BIB to actually do some detective work if there were any fingerprints.

And if he hasn't already had a shower then there may still be fingerprints on something else.... 

the guy had his own Condo so should have known better how things work here 

Then he picks up a girl  on the street 

Cant see how this is news happens all the time 

will be reading the same in the coming days  about some other person or Tourist getting conned its a way of life here in Pattaya 

the guy had his own Condo so should have known better how things work here 
Then he picks up a girl  on the street 
Cant see how this is news happens all the time 
will be reading the same in the coming days  about some other person or Tourist getting conned its a way of life here in Pattaya 
The power of the pussy, many a man's downfall..

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

44 minutes ago, BestB said:

I disagree. It's Thailand, it's their land, language and culture. It's just too bad if someone gets rolled by a 'very nice looking' thief but can't explain why it happened. Probably inexplicable in his own language anyway. In this instance, it's definitely not the first time the local plod has had to listen to the excuses of a numpty so what's so hard to understand? It's not as if, "She looked nice so I took her home" has been proffered as an excuse for stupidity and probably not the last either.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

No ID
Cash unsecured
Jewelry unsecured

You can't fix stupid

It happened to me on two different ocassions during  my early days in Pattaya. Money was taken, a camera (before cell phones came into existence) and jewellary. On both occasions the gold was locked away ..and both times the lock was opened and then locked again.

PS. I consider myself far from stupid. Every day we entrust our lives (ie: when crossing a road) to complete strangers.... as well as our belongings. 

44 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yeah, he looks just like an distinguished gentleman who wears jevelery...

At the risk of sounding judgmental, I really can't see this dude with $3,500 of gold adorning his body.

He says"Philippines next" !

They'll eat him for breakfast. Wait. No. They'll sell his organs after he falls asleep, long before breakfast. And Duterte couldn't care less because he was buying sex.

Archived