British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

rooster59

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 It happened to me on two different ocassions during  my early days in Pattaya. Money was taken, a camera (before cell phones came into existence) and jewellary. On both occasions the gold was locked away ..and both times the lock was opened and then locked again.
   PS. I consider myself far from stupid. Every day we entrust our lives (ie: when crossing a road) to complete strangers.... as well as our belongings. 

What do you mean the lock was opened?

A good quality safe would be impossible to open (without making a racket)

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Theres no fool like an old fool..... Silly sod thinking with the small head.

He met 2 women on the street and 1 of them asked to go with him..... Stupid or what.

You should take them both right?

At the risk of sounding judgmental, I really can't see this dude with $3,500 of gold adorning his body.

He says"Philippines next" !
They'll eat him for breakfast. Wait. No. They'll sell his organs after he falls asleep, long before breakfast. And Duterte couldn't care less because he was buying sex.

Why would he want to take his organs with him? They would be a bit awkward to carry.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

the same in the UK (ok uk) my step daughter,runs a pub, had a relief manager for two weeks , while they had a well deserved holiday, came back this peson had stolen two thousand pounds, all she got was 3 months probation, daughter in law, lost 2,000, yes crime pays, as this man will find out soon enough,

58 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I disagree. It's Thailand, it's their land, language and culture. It's just too bad if someone gets rolled by a 'very nice looking' thief but can't explain why it happened. Probably inexplicable in his own language anyway. In this instance, it's definitely not the first time the local plod has had to listen to the excuses of a numpty so what's so hard to understand? It's not as if, "She looked nice so I took her home" has been proffered as an excuse for stupidity and probably not the last either.

Would agree if this happened in Isaan or sone remote village.

this is Pattaya where there are just as many tourists of not more than locals. English speaking police is a must for tourist destination 

1 hour ago, tifino said:

ah! but anyways they kept on at him to look at and talk to the video, basically a police interview sequence,

backed up by verbal transcription from original to thai.

One Bib was listening and translating also to the other BIB? so it might appear that at least one of them could understand him? 

at least they made the effort to make sure his evidence was taken and somehow understood ⚖️ 

... never a tourist cop around when you need him... especially at 4am

I doubt if consent was sort before flogging the footage to the media, exposing this bellend's stupidity.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

He met 2 women on the street and 1 of them asked to go with him..... Stupid or what.

Colin! sometimes you do not understand anything of a story :whistling:Pffffff

He met 2 women on the street and 1 of them asked to go with him... He agreed and the very nice looking man took the "very nice" looking woman back to his room. ????‍❤️‍????

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I disagree. It's Thailand, it's their land, language and culture. It's just too bad if someone gets rolled by a 'very nice looking' thief but can't explain why it happened.

The point that @BestB was making is that Thailand wants to position Pattaya as an international resort, and they spend hundreds of millions marketing it as such worldwide.

Given that practically zero visitors to Thailand will speak fluent Thai, it is not a wild stretch to expect that police officers assigned to Pattaya should be able to speak the main international language, English.

Think about it. These officers have not just stumbled upon a farang lost in the wilds of Isaan. They spend all day, every day dealing with victims of crime and extracting bribes from tourists, almost all of whom communicate in English.

This apologist, white knight nonsense about "their land, language and culture" is ridiculous. There is precious little Thai culture in Pattaya, and the Thais themselves are under no illusions about the sole purpose of that city: get money from farang.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English . Guy is explaining what happened and they have no idea only nodding their heads.

you wouod think there would be mandatory English lesson classes and some basic English level skills for those working in Pattaya 

"One thing that always irritates me is Pattaya being an international resort , police speaks zero English"

Probably their zero English in Pattaya is better than the French police's English everywhere in France ????

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, I'm sure it's too late now, but if the guy had the presence of mind not to touch the plastic bag, it probably would have her fingerprints on it.

Having said that, it would still need the BIB to actually do some detective work if there were any fingerprints.

And that's hoping that the cops didn't soil the evidence before they realized it might be evidence. 

Seen this once before, my Admin. manager comes to the office 8.00 am, unlocks the come to find the office has been ransacked, several laptops and more all gone. She calls the police. 

Two junior cops arrive, I arrive a few minutes later. Two junior cops openly say they don't know what to do and for both of them it's the first time they have ever been sent to a robbery scene.

The cops make no attempt to stop my staff and 3 news reporters, onlookers from next door office touching and moving everything. Cops both more interested in making sure the quick report they write (separately) in their investigation log book has very beautiful writing etc.

Cops and reporters leave. My Admin. manager calls back to the police station and asks 'what do we do now?' Response: 'just continue your work'.

Will a more senior cop come later? Will we get any report of your investigation? Response: 'No and no, bye'. 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ever hear there are 2 sides to every story ? He says she asked to go with him, maybe he asked her and set up a price but was unsure if he should say that as he might be sited for soliciting. These  "victims" many times have a story that is not always true saying how the situation occurred, how much was stolen, how many guys/girls jumped them etc.

22 minutes ago, donnacha said:

This apologist, white knight nonsense about "their land, language and culture" is ridiculous. There is precious little Thai culture in Pattaya, and the Thais themselves are under no illusions about the sole purpose of that city: get money from farang.

Exactly, Wise up"Nan Laew", and think before you reach for your keyboard.

Archived