British man drugged and robbed by woman he met on the street in Pattaya

rooster59

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ezzra said:

I have a cunning plan, some "tourist" thinks to themselves,  as to how enjoy a trip overseas and still com out with more money in my pocket in which i left with...

And that can work and be legal and ethical.

One of my old friends from home came to Thailand twice a year for a 10 day holiday for years for many years.

He had a well structured plan: he asked friends and family what jewellery they would like, he had lots of photos etc. He had good information about the cost to have it made in Bkk and he had developed a relationship with an ethical jewellery manufacturer in Bkk, plus he knew where to take the finished products, in Bkk, to get recognised certificates about the quality etc., plus he knew how much in total he could carry legally into his own country, and he set himself a profit margin of 30%.

Before every trip he did a full business plan aiming to cover all costs of his 10 day holiday (flights, hotels, local transport, meals, side trips etc.), plus an extra AUD250-.

He did this successfully for many years.

22 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

If the guy was that stupid, no sympathy from me. 

You don't have to be stupid to do stupid things. Haven't you ever done something stupid yourself and though, "what a stupid thing to do"?

I have - everyone has. It doesn't mean we are stupid. 

Only stupid people think like that!

2 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

You don't have to be stupid to do stupid things. Haven't you ever done something stupid yourself and though, "what a stupid thing to do"?

I have - everyone has. It doesn't mean we are stupid. 

Only stupid people think like that!

No argument on that.  And IQ of 125, and turned down college to go spend 20 years in the Marine Corps.  lol.  

But, seriously, what man in his right mind, in a foreign country, would do something as foolish as this? 

This guys so dopey that he probably thought the 500 baht rolex he bought on the street was worth 100,000 baht 

When I read these kind of stories, especially the LB ones (which this still could be), I often hope that someone back home in their local pub sees the story and prints it out and sticks it next to the bar awaiting their return.

A girl (or man) slipping a man a "Mickey Finn" knockout drug into his drink and stealing from him when he goes unconscious is a criminal act as old as the hills.

Also used by criminal guys who wish to rape a woman while she's unconscious...  

Choral Hydrate used to be one of the favourite drugs for that....  

People would (I guess they still do).... make a solution of chloral hydrate in alcohol... to make "knockout drops" to add to a person's drink when their back was turned..

Guy regains consciosness later....  wondering "What the hell happened to me?"   and finds all his valuables are gone.... 

Lesson.... never take your eyes off your drink in a bar or with a stranger.....  Don't trust anyone when traveling..... or ex-patting...   Don't travel with jewelry and lots of cash on your person..

Hopefully this Brit has learned his lesson...   But there is something suspicious of her leaving a package of pills behind.....   I think we may be getting only part of the story...

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

100,000 baht in jewelry? Hmmmm

It was a heavy gold chain. Real gold, not copy. The man who came into the bar said he could sell cheaper than gold shops because he didn't have overheads like rent, security, etc. Honest.

Anybody should be aware by now that Pataya  is a very dangerest place in Thailand ,  don't trust no one including the high one,,, If someone is st,,,D enough to go to Pattaya for a safe holiday  ,,,it's your business , but you will pay dearly for it...
Zzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, brling said:

Exactly, Wise up"Nan Laew", and think before you reach for your keyboard.

You're the one that needs to wise up. You and your spokesperson donnacha that is.

There's more than enough foreign police volunteers on-call to come and assist with police questioning and interviews when more serious crimes are either committed on or perpetrated by foreigners in Pattaya. Even the ones already banged up in jail in Nong Pla Lai get this assistance.

The local cops don't need such assistance when a lonely, pickled, foreign monger picks the wrong bed mate off the street and gets relieved of his personal belongings in the wee small hours. Good grief, with all this talk of needing English-proficient cops, you and your spokesperson sound like you actually want Pattaya to succeed in it's evolution as family tourist destination.

Archived