Can anyone recommend a weight loss clinic or program?

Tokyosteve

I’m an Aussie living in Japan. Want to escape winter and spend some time in Thailand but I’d like to book in somewhere and lose some flab as well as have a holiday. Anyone recommend a place? I’ve seen a few fancy places online that look 5 star. I was wanting something a bit more serious. Love to hear from anyone in the know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got comped for a Detox place costing thousands a night. Why not DIY? 

I would recommend buying lots of mineral water (not the usual rubbish). Try Creatine fror stamina. Do work-outs, get a daily massage and mind what you eat!

* Colon irrigation? Try PSYLLIUM HUSK in cold milk, let it turn into a pudding... Eat with fruits.

* Take protein powder, milk and fruit to a coffee shop and pay it to make a health drink for you.

* 80% is the diet, 20% the exercise.

Like the beach? Like Chiang Mai and the mountains?

Nan, Pai, an island?

If you have the money, you can design your own program!!

Drink before every meal... We are often just thirsty and mistake thirst for hunger. 

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

If you have the will power then design your own program,  I suggest you contact zenzenlifestylecafe on facebook in Chiang Mai and speak to the guys there,  They can design a program for you and maybe help with finding accommodation and health activities with a mxi of sight seeing and fun.

• 4 weeks later...

KETO. Big C sells raw peanuts in 500 grams quantity and raw carrots. I use those for snacks.

Boiled eggs will fill you up nicely.

Join a gym and do your homework on Youtube. Resistance training will burn fat for the next like 40 hours, if you really have a go. Add a CASEIN (protein) shake with milk, ice cubes, fruit for dinner. 

Do your cardio  a f t e r  the strength training.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

I'm an Aussie living in Koh Samui with a nice house and pool. I like helping people to get fit and healthy. If you want to stay at my house, I can cook healthy meals for you, take you to the gym everyday, daily evening walks with the dog, and go swimming at the beach and waterfalls.

Stay well,

Toby

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You’ll lose weight on a calorie deficit diet but in the end, you will gain it all back-------plus some extra unwanted pounds as well. So, my best advice is for you to Google the “Keto Diet” and read as much about it as you can. In fact, I am on it right now and it seems to be working quite well for me.

• Like 1

I've tried tons of things the past decades, for health reasons not really weight - although that also became an issue the past years...

Ketogenic is totally the thing! Just make sure to phase out sugars & processed foods before going deep into it.

Intermittent fasting is also a very powerful tool, but you'd need to be at least partly in ketosis in order to feel great & not like a hungry zombie!

Add MCT oil & bulletproof coffee and you've got a set of tools that can turn everything around ????

Lots of actually good stuff on Youtube too, if you're of the type that wants to do your own research, reasoning and testing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I can reccomend the 5/2 diet by Dr Mosely. No special foods or supplements. No expenses. You lose about 1lb a month. I lost 20 kg in less than a year.

Could totally work for someone with no medical issues but weight ????

A LOT of people are pre-diabetic and on the way to irreversible damage, and weight might be the only symptom really... So definitely worth checking out modern, proven methods - that quite often will NOT be something you get from a regular doctor!

2 minutes ago, seajae said:

go on a keto diet, I have lost 12 kg in a couple of months, cuts out carbs

I've been eating a lot of pork at a food court, lots of fat & zero rice - started paying the owner 40% extra for getting meat only ????

Kept me going for half a day at a go, and when adding MCT-oil now I might be able to do 1-2 meals a day only, and thats without feeling ravenous hunger, crushing tiredness or anything that is normally connected with fasting...

12 minutes ago, seajae said:

20 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Could totally work for someone with no medical issues but weight ????

A LOT of people are pre-diabetic and on the way to irreversible damage, and weight might be the only symptom really... So definitely worth checking out modern, proven methods - that quite often will NOT be something you get from a regular doctor!

5/2 is just a form of intermittent fasting, ìdeal for all, including diabetics. It involves plenty of fluids and is a harmless non gimmicky diet.

12 minutes ago, seajae said:

The jury is still out on this cranky diet fad. Its a variation on the discredited Atkins diet. Cutting out all carbs is simply dangerous Check out Dr Mercola.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, EbhB said:

I've been eating a lot of pork at a food court, lots of fat & zero rice - started paying the owner 40% extra for getting meat only ????

Kept me going for half a day at a go, and when adding MCT-oil now I might be able to do 1-2 meals a day only, and thats without feeling ravenous hunger, crushing tiredness or anything that is normally connected with fasting...

Hunger is a normal side effect of losing weight. But the hunger will diminish over time. Drinking water, or tea or coffee can help offset hunger in the short term.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:29 AM, onlycw said:

Well, I got comped for a Detox place costing thousands a night. Why not DIY? 

I would recommend buying lots of mineral water (not the usual rubbish). Try Creatine fror stamina. Do work-outs, get a daily massage and mind what you eat!

* Colon irrigation? Try PSYLLIUM HUSK in cold milk, let it turn into a pudding... Eat with fruits.

* Take protein powder, milk and fruit to a coffee shop and pay it to make a health drink for you.

* 80% is the diet, 20% the exercise.

Like the beach? Like Chiang Mai and the mountains?

Nan, Pai, an island?

If you have the money, you can design your own program!!

Drink before every meal... We are often just thirsty and mistake thirst for hunger. 

Good luck!

Consume one tablespoon of psyllium with two pints of water a few days a week then cease for a week and repeat. Let it form into a gel in your stomach not before being consumed. Psyllium can be bought as Igbol from Indian shops and is much cheaper.

18 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

5/2 is just a form of intermittent fasting, ìdeal for all, including diabetics. It involves plenty of fluids and is a harmless non gimmicky diet.

The jury is still out on this cranky diet fad. Its a variation on the discredited Atkins diet. Cutting out all carbs is simply dangerous Check out Dr Mercola.

Given that there are no essential nutrients in  carbs, how can cutting them out be dangerous (and keto is not an absence of carbs, it's a restricted intake)? Increasing numbers of people are turning to keto to reverse their symptoms of diabetes, or just to get healthy. I have been keto for two years and have eliminated the symptoms of atherosclerosis, repaired my immune system (never get sick), trimmed my waist down to 31" and generally feel amazing. To me, and many others, it is not a fad, or a diet, it's a sensible way of eating and I intend eating a low carb diet for the rest of my life. 
Perhaps a little hasty to dismiss a nutritional approach that tackles the major health risk of the modern world (insulin resistance, diabetes and all the horrors that spring from that) as being a cranky fad diet...
As for Mercola, widely discredited, but he pushes keto along with many other approaches which might help him sell supplements and books.  https://www.mercola.com/calendar/2018/keto.htm

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, FracturedRabbit said:

Given that there are no essential nutrients in  carbs, how can cutting them out be dangerous (and keto is not an absence of carbs, it's a restricted intake)? Increasing numbers of people are turning to keto to reverse their symptoms of diabetes, or just to get healthy. I have been keto for two years and have eliminated the symptoms of atherosclerosis, repaired my immune system (never get sick), trimmed my waist down to 31" and generally feel amazing. To me, and many others, it is not a fad, or a diet, it's a sensible way of eating and I intend eating a low carb diet for the rest of my life. 
Perhaps a little hasty to dismiss a nutritional approach that tackles the major health risk of the modern world (insulin resistance, diabetes and all the horrors that spring from that) as being a cranky fad diet...
As for Mercola, widely discredited, but he pushes keto along with many other approaches which might help him sell supplements and books.  https://www.mercola.com/calendar/2018/keto.htm

There might not be essential nutrients in carbs but abandoning them means higher portion of fat (not proteins as they too can kick you out of ketose). How healthy high amounts of fat are and the limited amount of foods you have once your on keto is an other question. 

I have no doubt that keto and limiting carbs works for some and that it is one of many working and viable strategies. But it is of course an other form of Atkins. I think as long as your sensible with what kind of fats you eat eat and mind your diet its perfectly ok to go keto (if it suits your goals)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

It's not a fad. Eskimos and Masai were keto and mostly carnivore. Prior to 10,000 years ago most others were also low carb. So that's 140,000 years of existance. Hardly a fad. Humans can't survive without fat and protein but they can without carbs.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:59 PM, robblok said:

There might not be essential nutrients in carbs but abandoning them means higher portion of fat (not proteins as they too can kick you out of ketose). How healthy high amounts of fat are and the limited amount of foods you have once your on keto is an other question. 

I have no doubt that keto and limiting carbs works for some and that it is one of many working and viable strategies. But it is of course an other form of Atkins. I think as long as your sensible with what kind of fats you eat eat and mind your diet its perfectly ok to go keto (if it suits your goals)

Nothing to do with Atkins. Atkins was high protein which kicks you out of keto. Keto diets go back 140,000 years. That's how our ancestors lived much of the year. Fruit and nuts were just a summer thing. In winter they were keto and mostly carnivore.