Surachete doubles down on expelling illegal foreigners

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, so happy see the drug dealers and 'exotic prostitutes' getting thrown out of the country along with middle aged men playing angels, hells angels that is. I hope they throw out every one of the sexpats as well, so one can visit a family friendly Pattaya some year in the future. As the girls return home, Isaan men will get skilled wives as well, no need to complain about the 'women ratio' being twisted anymore. Thanks Big Joke. Although your numbers don't add up, but, well, TIA :D

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

I agree with running up and deporting illegals and those working without a permit. If you don't like the law then don't come here. Why should you get any special privileges? 

The folk whining about wanting to be treated with respect should reconsider why you came here....the Thai government didn't ask or coerce you to come and live here, it was your choice. If you don't like it, you know what you can do.

Kind of agree, but 'the Thai government didn't ask .. you to come and live here..' - yeah, but the condo builders, wives, BUPA and a lots of others asked them to, the government is not the people. Like in my European country, we, the people, never asked for the <ahem> to come to our country, but they came in numbers. Upside down.

I agree with running up and deporting illegals and those working without a permit. If you don't like the law then don't come here. Why should you get any special privileges? 

The folk whining about wanting to be treated with respect should reconsider why you came here....the Thai government didn't ask or coerce you to come and live here, it was your choice. If you don't like it, you know what you can do.

I think all the expats that abide by the visa rules agree that those that abuse the system should go.

But I do think that Thai authorities could make it a little easier to live here. 

We give a lot to the Thai economy, we leave all that behind when we die.

Most of us are not criminals, we love it here.

I am not asking for official praise, I get that from my family, the temple and most of the village that I live in.

But the multitude of forms to fill in again and again is overwhelming. My file would rival most expanded dictionaries.

7 photocopies of my passport for a bank account is just a bit over the top, to start with. Especially since I already had onr with the same bank.

I think all the expats that abide by the visa rules agree that those that abuse the system should go.

But I do think that Thai authorities could make it a little easier to live here. 

We give a lot to the Thai economy, we leave all that behind when we die.

Most of us are not criminals, we love it here.

I am not asking for official praise, I get that from my family, the temple and most of the village that I live in.

But the multitude of forms to fill in again and again is overwhelming. My file would rival most expanded dictionaries.

7 photocopies of my passport for a bank account is just a bit over the top, to start with. Especially since I already had onr with the same bank.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

How is he driving people away, he didn't change the rules that worked for decades, but I see frequently posts on here from foreigners that can not afford the 400 or 800K in the bank. I wonder how they donate millions to the Thai economy.

It's called income, seriously we still have the holier than thou people on here ???? I have spent more than 700000 baht in Thailand in the last 8 months, I don't have 400000 to put in the bank though as it all comes from pensions and salary from UK. I'm married to a lovely Thai lady, so by your reckoning I should leave her and go back to UK? WOW

6 minutes ago, randy723 said:

big joke is nothing but a JOKE unless he arrest Boss the killer of one of his brother police officer. //

Big Joke is the Immigration chief, not the Police chief :dry:

Arresting a Thai person for an accident or murder is not among his tasks.

Some of this stuff makes me laugh.

1. The guy is just doing his job.

2. No one asked you to come here, their country, their rules.

3. Folks as guests in a country dont dictate immigration policy.

4. Thailand will get along very nice without falangs. Quit thinking that just because you are from the West, the "natives" owe you and should be happy that you are there to help them rise up from the morass of their non western civilization. If you want appreciation, that says more about you than them. Quit being a bwana.

5. Follow the rules or go. Dont like the rules? Go. Dont like their government? Go. What gives you the right to criticize, you are a guest. What gives you the right to speak for the Thai people as to how they feel about their government? 

6. If you dont have a backup plan, sucks to be you.

7. Not all Thai cops are bribeable, not all Immigration guys are corrupt. If you think so, go find somewhere better. For you Americans, before you cast stones on corruption, clean up your own house. LIke Chicago. And NYC. And the FBI. For all you other Westerners who complain about Thailands laws, people, culture or whatever, let me know where you are from by PM and Ill remind you of all of your countries bad qualities. There is no nation on earth without a skeleton, except maybe the Swedes, Norwegians and Danes and its too cold there. And some play holier than thou and have more skeletons than most.

Really dudes its sooooo old and childish.

*rant end* zzzzziiiiip

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

4. Thailand will get along very nice without falangs. Quit thinking that just because you are from the West, the "natives" owe you and should be happy that you are there to help them rise up from the morass of their non western civilization. If you want appreciation, that says more about you than them. Quit being a bwana.

5. Follow the rules or go. Dont like the rules? Go. Dont like their government? Go. What gives you the right to criticize, you are a guest. What gives you the right to speak for the Thai people as to how they feel about their government? 

7. Not all Thai cops are bribeable, not all Immigration guys are corrupt. If you think so, go find somewhere better. For you Americans, before you cast stones on corruption, clean up your own house. LIke Chicago. And NYC. And the FBI. For all you other Westerners who complain about Thailands laws, people, culture or whatever, let me know where you are from by PM and Ill remind you of all of your countries bad qualities. There is no nation on earth without a skeleton, except maybe the Swedes, Norwegians and Danes and its too cold there. And some play holier than thou and have more skeletons than most.

*rant end* zzzzziiiiip

And you would be?

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

most of us put a far greater value on honesty than the average Thai, we are far safer drivers, and we behave with dignity and respect towards the local people. 

And that is exactly why they resent us. They don't compare well, and they know it but of course would never admit it. The longer people stay in Thailand they more they see of the real Thailand and its people. They'd rather we were all two-week tourists, spending our year's savings and getting out before the rose-coloured glasses fall off.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I don't want to be honoured or rewarded, I just want to be left alone to get on with my perfectly legal and harmless life, without the hassles inherent with any dealings with his gang.

The other week I was arbitrarily "fined" B1200 for failing to report my address after I had popped across the border at Mai Sai for a couple of hours to renew my entry permit. This despite the fact that I had declared my address on the "TM whatever" when I re-entered the country, and they had my address on their computer (I had gone to ask for a residency letter for renewing my driving licence). I have previously been told, by immigration, every year for the past five, that I only needed to report when I renewed my visa!

When I got home and checked my paperwork - no receipt of course!

I'm glad I didn't have to give them a tip!

Winge over!

Keep in mind that the biggest joke came over from the police. Therefore, he brings his "franchise" mentality to the job, and the division. They should be making things easier for us, not harder. Hopefully, this house of fools will be voted out onto their butts in the next election. They are despised by the Thai people, and us alike. 

Sensationalising these arrests of low-level "criminals"; over stayers, those who missed their 90 day report or didn't get it together to register their address (nowhere at border crossings etc have I seen info regarding this) with photo ops complete with gaudy PVC posters as a backdrop   should be considered embarrassingly nationalistic (don't read 'patriotic') and xenophobic in any developed country.

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

*rant end* zzzzziiiiip

I'll just deal with 5. Freedom of speech? That makes much of your rant hypocritical, because that same freedom of speech gives you the right to air your views, something you appear to resent others doing.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

good work but there is a much more important task that you are responsible for and overlooking

the many tens of thousands that live here legally, support families and donate millions to the Thai economy, how about treating them with the respect they deserve and not trying to make things as difficult as possible especially when it comes to immigration, the system has worked for decades now you driving people away - you need to lighten up or it will be "goods guys out"

Sorry but you are wrong, the many living illegally are causing problems for those that live within the confines of immigration law. If you do not fit the criteria then you deserve to be deported. However, the law needs to be changed to cover those that do not have the required fuuds in a bank account but that have invested that amount of money into business or proprty, they then need to have the necessary monthly Income.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

good work but there is a much more important task that you are responsible for and overlooking

the many tens of thousands that live here legally, support families and donate millions to the Thai economy, how about treating them with the respect they deserve and not trying to make things as difficult as possible especially when it comes to immigration, the system has worked for decades now you driving people away - you need to lighten up or it will be "goods guys out"

Agree whole heartedly with the member's post above. Many of the "older' expats came in the early 2000's when the exchange rate was a lot better than it is now. Through no fault of their own they have slowly seen their pensions devalued by idiots in government in the UK. Many have made their home here, staying within the rules & contributing to the Thai economy. It is obvious now that we are all living here wondering if we can continue living here legally or be forced to leave as rules get even more complicated. We have all bought houses/condos etc, integrated with the community with the intention of living out our days here. All this latest news is extremely worrying for a lot of people who have resided here legally for years. Now the rules are changing, which makes living here for expats even more of a "mine field" than it was previously. I'm wondering what is going to happen when the rate of exchange dips further putting more people in peril of deportation due to visa problems. Those of us that find ourselves in this predicament can only hope that Thai Immigration will relax the laws slightly to allow "long term" retirees some leeway regarding visas, otherwise this surely must trigger mass migration to other shores leaving love one's, property & personal effects behind ...... a sad fact.    

bad guys out, good guys to smart to be here and tourist numbers fall.... that about sums it all up!

wipe out corruption, kick the police in the ass, educate the people and then prey you get better tourists or stop complaining.  you cant pick and chose tourists like you cant pick and chose your government.

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

How is he driving people away, he didn't change the rules that worked for decades, but I see frequently posts on here from foreigners that can not afford the 400 or 800K in the bank. I wonder how they donate millions to the Thai economy.

They possibly contribute to the economy by buying or renting a property, buying a car or motorbike, feeding and clothing a family.

8 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

bad guys out, good guys to smart to be here and tourist numbers fall.... that about sums it all up!

wipe out corruption, kick the police in the ass, educate the people and then prey you get better tourists or stop complaining.  you cant pick and chose tourists like you cant pick and chose your government.

They just round up the usual suspects..

Makes 'Casablanca' look like forensic science.

Great advertising for the middle aged,overweight,uniformed combat parachutists-who appear to exist in their thousands.

34 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

*rant end* zzzzziiiiip

That's quite the tangent you've gone off on there. 

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'll just deal with 5. Freedom of speech? That makes much of your rant hypocritical, because that same freedom of speech gives you the right to air your views, something you appear to resent others doing.

Im on an internet forum and saying nothing that would get me into trouble. And I dont "resent" others airing their views. Everyone is entitled to say what they want just as I am entitled to critisize what they say.

And what does freedom of speech have to do with the subject at hand?

Just now, rkidlad said:

That's quite the tangent you've gone off on there. 

I am doing laundry and therefore hating my life.

I used to read this Board ages ago for information, and fun, but the same old same old same old whinging is just so silly.

4 hours ago, Stradavarius37 said:

What exactly does rounding up illegals have to do with you and your feelings?  Keep your documents legal, and stop feeling hurt that the people responsible for their country's security are doing their jobs. Did you see where is press conference was?  Nana.  Lots of scumbags walking around there that deserve to have their bonafides checked.  If you are not one of them, then what are you whinging about?

The problem is many people that used to come here a lot are no longer coming even though they have never been denied or had trouble from immigration the constant crackdowns and hearing of other foreigners being denied entry has made many western frequent tourists choose better countries to spend their time and money in with no fear of being denied entry.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

I am doing laundry and therefore hating my life.

I used to read this Board ages ago for information, and fun, but the same old same old same old whinging is just so silly.

So follow your own advice and don't visit. It's really that simple. 

Archived