Surachete doubles down on expelling illegal foreigners

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Olmate said:

That’s it exactly, you would be! So much to say on sooo many things on this forum, but no credibility about any.

Well that says a lot LOL. Glad to see you contribute a one liner now and then.

4 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

The problem is many people that used to come here a lot are no longer coming even though they have never been denied or had trouble from immigration the constant crackdowns and hearing of other foreigners being denied entry has made many western frequent tourists choose better countries to spend their time and money in with no fear of being denied entry.

So? Whats is it to you what THEY want to do with THEIR country.

I went last week to renew my visa. My letter from the bank was too old. It was 12 days old. I live up country. I need a new letter from the bank no older than 7 days old. This letter needs to be issued in Bangkok. I had recent surgery. The waiting time at immigration caused my to hurt in my lower back and legs for the rest of the day. They keep on requesting more and more documents that does not make much sense.

I cant even no longer find the law on the internet about which documents are required for my visa extension anymore. It seems and feels to me like they are trying to kick us out in a nice way. I dont want be here when we will be feeling the hard way. Next year I will buy a 1-way ticket back to my home country.

I have lived half my life in Thailand. I chat-write faster and more correct in Thai than most of the Thai people. It feels very sad for me. It used to be just show our local driving license. And then we get treated equally at national parks etc. Thats how it works anymore. Originally I thought Thailand would become a modern country like Japan. I was so wrong...

1 hour ago, ally3220 said:

It's called income, seriously we still have the holier than thou people on here ???? I have spent more than 700000 baht in Thailand in the last 8 months, I don't have 400000 to put in the bank though as it all comes from pensions and salary from UK. I'm married to a lovely Thai lady, so by your reckoning I should leave her and go back to UK? WOW

Spending (as you state) B700,000 in 8 months equates to B87,500 per month or B1,050,000 per year, yet you state that you cannot put B400,000 together to enable you to live here legally!! Maybe you need to reassess your spending habits otherwise yes you probably should go back to the UK.

I totally agree. He is once again missing the mark, as he has done his entire career. This guy is as phony and destructive as they come. The current administration is very toxic when it comes to westerners in general, be they tourists or ex-pats. One can only hope they are voted out in an adamant fashion. Prayuth is truly despised by the majority of the Thai nation. They army have abused their power once again and are way past the sell by date. Get out. Get out now! You are not wanted. You are not liked. You do not represent your people and you never have. 

Without sounding catty or pretentious, I think honest ex-pats should be given awards and recognition for all that we bring to the table here. And treated far better than this hapless administration treats us.  We spend more than the average Thai, most of us put a far greater value on honesty than the average Thai, we are far safer drivers, and we behave with dignity and respect towards the local people. 

I agree with you !00%   we bring so much money in This country and they make it so hard for us for visa run,,,

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

If you don't like something, don't visit it. 

You choose to come on here. No one is making you. 

Dude its like Pringles. They may all be crumbs, but Im still going to eat them and not leave Thailand over them. I reserve the right to make VALID complaints, not silly ones.

25 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I am doing laundry and therefore hating my life.

I used to read this Board ages ago for information, and fun, but the same old same old same old whinging is just so silly.

And are you not whingeing about whingers??

3 minutes ago, high plane drifter said:

I totally agree. He is once again missing the mark, as he has done his entire career. This guy is as phony and destructive as they come. The current administration is very toxic when it comes to westerners in general, be they tourists or ex-pats. One can only hope they are voted out in an adamant fashion. Prayuth is truly despised by the majority of the Thai nation. They army have abused their power once again and are way past the sell by date. Get out. Get out now! You are not wanted. You are not liked. You do not represent your people and you never have. 

Without sounding catty or pretentious, I think honest ex-pats should be given awards and recognition for all that we bring to the table here. And treated far better than this hapless administration treats us.  We spend more than the average Thai, most of us put a far greater value on honesty than the average Thai, we are far safer drivers, and we behave with dignity and respect towards the local people. 

I agree with you !00%   we bring so much money in This country and they make it so hard for us for visa run,,,

Second paragraph fine, first one is dangerous, if you have this feeling fine, if you keep it to yourself.  Let the Thais decide who they want to govern. You have no proof that the PM is despised by the majority and if I were you it would be wise not to slag off the person that can get you out in 1 day.

7 minutes ago, high plane drifter said:

Thank god you know best about Thailand and what the people want and need. 

2 minutes ago, rott said:

And are you not whingeing about whingers??

Yes, but then you would be impliedly whingeing about my whingeing about whingers, which doesnt address the points I have made.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude its like Pringles. They may all be crumbs, but Im still going to eat them and not leave Thailand over them. I reserve the right to make VALID complaints, not silly ones.

So do so. Make your point and get on with it. If you don't wanna read silly complaints, I suggest the internet is not for you. You have to learn to filter and disregard way more quickly and easily. 

My reference was about visiting this site. Not Thailand. 

51 minutes ago, secosteve said:

Sorry but you are wrong, the many living illegally are causing problems for those that live within the confines of immigration law. If you do not fit the criteria then you deserve to be deported. However, the law needs to be changed to cover those that do not have the required fuuds in a bank account but that have invested that amount of money into business or proprty, they then need to have the necessary monthly Income.

He was talking about those here legally.

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

So do so. Make your point and get on with it. If you don't wanna read silly complaints, I suggest the internet is not for you. You have to learn to filter and disregard way more quickly and easily. 

My reference was about visiting this site. Not Thailand. 

Dude it pops up on the right hand side of the screen, I look, think, post. Is there something about the substance and merit of my post that bothers you, other than the fact that you dont like that I posted it?

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And that is exactly why they resent us. They don't compare well, and they know it but of course would never admit it. The longer people stay in Thailand they more they see of the real Thailand and its people. They'd rather we were all two-week tourists, spending our year's savings and getting out before the rose-coloured glasses fall off.

so why stay here then?

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude it pops up on the right hand side of the screen, I look, think, post. Is there something about the substance and merit of my post that bothers you, other than the fact that you dont like that I posted it?

Nothing at all. I just don't like hypocrisy masquerading as righteousness.  

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I always said they should offer incentives to be good. I do all my paperwork properly and never miss my 90 day report, etc, but every year it’s the same old thing. Zero recognition. They could start by offering two year visas for people who’ve been immaculate in their visa history, etc. Why waste time needlessly scrutinizing people who have a good history? 

But at the end the day, most of us know why they don’t do this. 

They do offer an incentive, you don’t get kicked out.

While I have never agreed to the comments that we are guests here and thus have no rights to voice an opinion, I do agree with being firm on immigration.

Realistically, this impacts none of us who are here legally, and a once a year extension is not too harsh. 

I agree that a two year visa could he's good option, or even A five year visa, but how many woyld end up working illegally. 

With every visa there are many who abuse the system, immigrant are simply interested in the illegals who have given the rest of us a bad name.

That said, some of these officials need some serious media training - soundbites such as that in the opening post come across as purely moronic.

For those of us on the right visa, it's simply carry on as normal, nothing to worry about. 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'll just deal with 5. Freedom of speech? That makes much of your rant hypocritical, because that same freedom of speech gives you the right to air your views, something you appear to resent others doing.

YOU do not have freedom of speech in Thailand, they have a little law here called "defamation", even the bloody Thais can't speak freely!!

39 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

The problem is many people that used to come here a lot are no longer coming even though they have never been denied or had trouble from immigration the constant crackdowns and hearing of other foreigners being denied entry has made many western frequent tourists choose better countries to spend their time and money in with no fear of being denied entry.

so what? why should you be worried whether tourists come or not?

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Nothing at all. I just don't like hypocrisy masquerading as righteousness.  

Thats OK. In other words, everything I said was true, you just feel that Im a righteous hypocrite for pointing out the truth. Got it. Thanks for playing ????

Archived