Surachete doubles down on expelling illegal foreigners

webfact

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I totally agree. He is once again missing the mark, as he has done his entire career. This guy is as phony and destructive as they come. The current administration is very toxic when it comes to westerners in general, be they tourists or ex-pats. One can only hope they are voted out in an adamant fashion. Prayuth is truly despised by the majority of the Thai nation. They army have abused their power once again and are way past the sell by date. Get out. Get out now! You are not wanted. You are not liked. You do not represent your people and you never have. 

Without sounding catty or pretentious, I think honest ex-pats should be given awards and recognition for all that we bring to the table here. And treated far better than this hapless administration treats us.  We spend more than the average Thai, most of us put a far greater value on honesty than the average Thai, we are far safer drivers, and we behave with dignity and respect towards the local people. 

I and  my expat friends have always been treated with  respect by Thais. I guess we live in a different world to you . but I guess you live somewhere like Pattaya.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of you folks who have said 400k or 800k in the bank and "inadvertently" minized what many of us who follow the rules with regards the monthly income, more than a million in contribution to this paradise annually, I am glad that you can do that to help Thai banks prosper. For me I use my 100K plus income to support family, pay insurance, proper education, i.e. live, without issues. 

So for the folks such as Stradivarius who intimate that we are "Whining" get a grip. In the working days or service days we had policies,rules,directives that were followed. What many of us legal folks who have a good monthly are asking is that IMM run that org with integrity and tell us what needs to be provided for income verification. Not at the whim of an individual IMM officer!!!! We will go with the flow and not all of us own shares in beer companies!!!

9 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

how does that boot polish taste?

Expats especially whinge about the lawlessness in Thailand, now moves are being made to enforce already existing laws and there’s an outcry. 

You can’t pick and choose what laws are enforced. Be careful what you wish for.

After reading all the reports and comments I find it even more confusing that if you are Indian you can come set up a Buisness regardless of what it is stay as long as  you like with no problems from immigration police ????‍♀️ they are spreading through Thailand like parasites same as most countries 

So why is it you rarely see one of them being rounded up or checked or renewing there visa at immigration 

very confused ????????‍♀️ 

I can’t blame this cop for doing his job. He has an assignment and does it and does it well. He doesn’t have opinions on right or wrong he just completes the task in hand. Cannot fault him for that. Also remember the amount of people he has helped. Where before it was hard to catch people that done you wrong like scamming abusing your privacy Extra 

as for the government I do believe a visa based on a point system such as supporting a Thai family, paying tax on time and what not should allow people to apply for 1 - 5 year visas. Less time in immigration means more time working and providing for the country 

dispute what people say I haven’t seen anyone deported for 1 day overstay 

I know someone that overstayed by a month accidently 

no bribe they gave him a chance 

I do believe that people that give more to the country should get more rights but at the moment the law is the law and we have to acccept or leave or get deported and leave or just follow the law. It’s not really that hard. Business visas can be quite complicated though with the amount of paper work needed to apply 

1 hour ago, Cobby said:

After reading all the reports and comments I find it even more confusing that if you are Indian you can come set up a Buisness regardless of what it is stay as long as  you like with no problems from immigration police ????‍♀️ they are spreading through Thailand like parasites same as most countries 

So why is it you rarely see one of them being rounded up or checked or renewing there visa at immigration 

very confused ????????‍♀️ 

Seems that way doesn't it. I think they own a great deal of the country. For me, I don't want to be connected to any country, but that's not possible, if you use a banking system anyway. I don't like being on grid, hooked up to the world. But that's just me. You still have to clear in and out. Such is the modern world. I was told early on in Thailand by men that have been there a lot longer than me to not try and involve myself in the politics of that country. I can't remember what I was bitching about. Seems like sound advise to me. At this point I don't give a damn what they do. There are so many other great places to go. Having said that, I have no investments in the country now and was never heavily invested anyway. My X-Thai wife tried to get me to sink a lot of money there, and when I wouln't do it she found somebody that would, best thing that ever happened, HA

17 hours ago, rkidlad said:

That’s a massive lie. It’s nowhere near zero. If he can lie so obviously about this, what else can he lie about? 

The couple of million migrant workers ( paid slave wages ) and several thousand more affluent illegals ( suppliers of contibutions) obviously are overlooked lol.

8 hours ago, marqus12 said:

This distress is 'self inflicted' ... I'm just looking for a bright sides

"self Inflicted" Yeah, Right, Harsh regulations imposed on foreigners by the government that impacts local businesses, I guess it's their fualt to be sure, right, the people of Thailand have very little to say about how the government is run. It's not just Thailand, it's everywhere. I'm an American, Thailand has been my home base since 2009. I will not live in the US again. I do not recognize it, I can't stand it there. Give me a shitty third world country any day. Still looking for a place to be really free. The only place I've found so far is the open ocean.

4 hours ago, Blue Water Sailor said:

"self Inflicted" Yeah, Right, Harsh regulations imposed on foreigners by the government that impacts local businesses, I guess it's their fualt to be sure, right, the people of Thailand have very little to say about how the government is run. 

Thais are passive so it's self-inflicted

On 12/17/2018 at 8:48 AM, janclaes47 said:

How is he driving people away, he didn't change the rules that worked for decades, but I see frequently posts on here from foreigners that can not afford the 400 or 800K in the bank. I wonder how they donate millions to the Thai economy.

Are you choosing to forget those who do not have this money in a Thai bank account but have monthly income/pensions transferred to a Thai Bank and then live on it month by month eg 40,000bht pa for a Marriage Extension or 65000bht for a non marriage extension. Also, I forgot to mention many of us have paid for but do not own our Thai homes!

On 12/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, spidermike007 said:

.....We spend more than the average Thai, most of us put a far greater value on honesty than the average Thai, we are far safer drivers, and we behave with dignity and respect towards the local people. 

Got any stats to back up your anecdotes? The overwhelmingly foreign hordes roaming Nana, Cowboy, Bangla and Pattaya beg to differ in your claim that they treat the locals with dignity and respect. Obviously it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, chicken and egg etc etc but that doesn't mean you can claim "we behave with dignity...", with the we being so spectacularly over-generalized it is a front runner in this year's Asinine Awards. 

"We spend more than the average Thai", how do you know? "We put far greater value on honesty than the average Thai" is an insulting generalization at best. See also, Asinine Awards.

The other side of the argument could go: the number of foreigners (vs Thais) staying in the country is statistically very small. The number of problems involving foreigners is statistically disproportionate. Let's do something about it. Seems sensible actually.

You could even take it further... are there a meaningful number of problems involving, say, Korean and Japanese expats vs Westerners and Africans hanging around here?

Westerners are better drivers than Thais, that's not difficult so you got that one spot on...

2 hours ago, side said:

Got any stats to back up your anecdotes? The overwhelmingly foreign hordes roaming Nana, Cowboy, Bangla and Pattaya beg to differ in your claim that they treat the locals with dignity and respect. Obviously it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, chicken and egg etc etc but that doesn't mean you can claim "we behave with dignity...", with the we being so spectacularly over-generalized it is a front runner in this year's Asinine Awards. 

"We spend more than the average Thai", how do you know? "We put far greater value on honesty than the average Thai" is an insulting generalization at best. See also, Asinine Awards.

The other side of the argument could go: the number of foreigners (vs Thais) staying in the country is statistically very small. The number of problems involving foreigners is statistically disproportionate. Let's do something about it. Seems sensible actually.

You could even take it further... are there a meaningful number of problems involving, say, Korean and Japanese expats vs Westerners and Africans hanging around here?

Westerners are better drivers than Thais, that's not difficult so you got that one spot on...

Thank you. Appreciate the kindness and support. 

No point in defending my claims. Either you get it or you don't. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you. Appreciate the kindness and support. 

No point in defending my claims. Either you get it or you don't. 

Complete agreement.  My eye test indicates that your statement is absolutely correct and since I have been around almost 50 years in Thailand I would say my eye test and listening to Thais in their own language provides  some veracity.  And it's true, if you  don't get it, no one can fully explain the level of experience and interaction that will  make you get it.  

As Spider said- i also love Thailand and its people and would not want to move anywhere else, but I am realistic about what is happening and what needs to be done to move everything forward.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:35 AM, ginjag said:

Wouldn't it be lovely------Ex pats retirement visa, pay 50,000 baht annually reporting, showing paper of residence, and insurance health cover, finally a bond of 200,000 baht deposit to sit in a bank no withdrawals until the time comes to leave Thailand.

I hope you meant:

• Ex pat retirement Visa cost 50,000 baht (total not annual)
  • annual reporting, showing paper of residence, and insurance health coverage
  • a bond of 200,000 baht deposit to sit in a bank

Because if you did, I agree this is reasonable but if you meant 50K Baht  (1500 USD a year), then you're off your rocker, I don't know any country that charges $125 a month to live there.

Wow, lots of mixed answers posts and just plain bitchin.  I too, was a strict advocate for 'THE RULES"  but lightened up a bity after I met an 85yo retired US Army Veteran, that, after living there for six years, walked across the boarder from Laos in 1970, got a job with an American Communications Company until 1980 -  has lived here 45 years and doesn't even have a passport, never mind a Visa....he still has his old retired US Army ID Card, laughs and said, "This was my passport"  It was dated 1962..........enough said.      Salute.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:24 AM, somtumwrong said:

Ah, so happy see the drug dealers and 'exotic prostitutes' getting thrown out of the country along with middle aged men playing angels, hells angels that is. I hope they throw out every one of the sexpats as well, so one can visit a family friendly Pattaya some year in the future. As the girls return home, Isaan men will get skilled wives as well, no need to complain about the 'women ratio' being twisted anymore. Thanks Big Joke. Although your numbers don't add up, but, well, TIA :D

What´s wrong with being a sexpat? Don´t you like sex?

Or is it your Thai wife denies you?

On 12/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, BWPattaya said:

What is the Roman numeral for Zero?

As far as I know, there isn't one. Did see somewhere that the church opposed Arabic numerals because that zero thing smacked of the devil. Zero. Nothing. No thing. ouch.

Fortunately that Iman in Iraq also decided around 1100 that numbers were the devils tool. Islam hasn't recovered it's place in science since.

People who don’t like the constant hassle  with the Thai visa system should just sell up and head back home, which is exactly what I did two years ago with no regrets, I spent a lot of money in Thailand on property cars and family now just a couple of 30 day visitor visa a year suit me fine, plenty more countries to visit and stay over winter in the sunshine, Thailand is not the be all and end all country now.              

Nice but not the answer for everyone, mainly because cost of living, in Oz anyway, is rediculous if on the aged pension. We did the sums to make it here ok, but resettling into a place so expensive now is not an option for many,let alone what we have to leave behind! Bring back the income option and all is ok.

Archived