Motorcyclists ignoring the rules as Jomtien accident black spot worries locals

webfact

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If this is the spot I am thinking of the restriction on U-turns is rather a problem. Those wanting to to get to immigration, who come from Thrappaya into Jomtiem 2nd Rd have no way of getting across the central reservation for about 2km. There is an illegal narrow spot where motorcycles do it, but a decent, safer place should be available without having to go near to Chaiyaphruek.

Adding to my comment, where we have U-turns blocked off and dual carriage ways, that also means we will have people going the wrong way on each carriageway. I might drive a few km the opposite direction to get to a U-Turn, but it appears the locals would rather take the risk of riding against traffic than go out of their way. So what is really causing the issues?

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If this is the spot I am thinking of the restriction on U-turns is rather a problem. Those wanting to to get to immigration, who come from Thrappaya into Jomtiem 2nd Rd have no way of getting across the central reservation for about 2km. There is an illegal narrow spot where motorcycles do it, but a decent, safer place should be available without having to go near to Chaiyaphruek.

Why not park and walk across the road?

On 12/17/2018 at 12:08 PM, jacko45k said:

Wrong, go from Thrappaya Rd to the beachroad and up soi 5.  Where is the problem ? 

On 12/18/2018 at 7:23 AM, Dionigi said:

Local Council been working there for two days installing pedestrian crossing and new barriers to stop the motor bikes

but the crossing for pedestrians is at the wrong place because all people who come from Rompho and want to cross the road are now standing in the middle of the street going inside the Center.  A new meeting point ???

Also dangerous ! 

35 minutes ago, johng said:

There's a "pay for" parking lot opposite the office...never use it myself so don't know how much they charge.

I think it's 20 baht.

A deal if you also go for lunch at Simple Simon and maybe a massage in the next street!

On 12/17/2018 at 3:15 AM, Dmaxdan said:

I'm sure that placing a couple more cement barriers where that motorcyclist is wouldn't be to much of a hardship. There must be other places that pedestrians can cross.  

Better still leave Darwin's Law of Evolution to sort the issue out.

• 2 weeks later...

The next turn around south of this one, by the 7-11, is where I was hit by a taxi van that did an illegal U turn. I think they blocked the U turn soon after that, someone told me. This was four years ago. No matter what you do, if there is an opening for a car, they will use it, legal or not.

Archived