BRIT THAI 'MURDER' Brit found dead in Bangkok red-light district hotel room with ‘the safe ransacked’

webfact

BRIT THAI 'MURDER' 

Brit dad-of-two has been found dead in Bangkok red-light district hotel room with ‘the safe ransacked’

Luke Ramage, 31, was feared murdered when the hotel receptionist found his body after a friend staying in another room told her the victim had a problem and later disappeared

EXCLUSIVE

By Stephen Moyes

LukeRamage.jpg

Luke Ramage was found with bruises around his shoulders and legs, and his still packed suitcases next to the bed

Picture: Facebook

A BRITISH tourist has been found dead in a Bangkok red light district hotel room with the safe ransacked.

Dad-of-two Luke Ramage, 31, who is feared to have been murdered, had arrived in Thailand just hours earlier.

He was found sprawled on his bed. There was bruising around his shoulders and legs and sign of a fight.

His luggage was still packed and the room’s safe was open. 

There were no valuables inside and cigarette packs were scattered on the floor.

Police say a friend of Luke, of Consett, Co Durham, raised the alarm at the Bavana Hotel — then vanished.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7994841/dad-found-dead-hotel-room-bangkok/

-- The SUN 2018-12-17

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he hadnt unpacked, its doubtful the safe was even used and was in its usual position when entering the room.

Sad, but whoever it was reported it, and then disappeared needs to be found. Maybe hotel CCTV can help with that.

Poor bloke, and leaves two children behind, tragic!

Red Light District hotel

Typical Sun reporting. Is there a hotel in Bangkok that is not 30 minutes from a red light district of some sort ?

I guess the police will have to make another ' Thailand is safe '

announcement .

56 minutes ago, Denim said:

Red Light District hotel

Typical Sun reporting. Is there a hotel in Bangkok that is not 30 minutes from a red light district of some sort ?

I guess the police will have to make another ' Thailand is safe '

announcement .

I know what you mean by The Sun, but this hotel is right close to Patpong:

Bavana Hotel,Thaniya Soi 2, Surawong Road

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If he hadnt unpacked, its doubtful the safe was even used and was in its usual position when entering the room.

Sad, but whoever it was reported it, and then disappeared needs to be found. Maybe hotel CCTV can help with that.

Poor bloke, and leaves two children behind, tragic!

Most lightly he booked the room when he first arrived ..put valuables in the safe, didn't bother unpacking and went straight to the pub ... Maybe came back when the thief was in the room 

5 minutes ago, Nip said:

You clearly have important evidence? Have you spoken to the police yet? Big Joke Junior.

I read the report. Similar to the chap who died a while back with 5 kids. One has to wonder what they were thinking to go on a "lads holiday" 

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

I know what you mean by The Sun, but this hotel is right close to Patpong:

Bavana Hotel,Thaniya Soi 2, Surawong Road

If you have ever travelled Thaniya at night you know that it is indeed a red light district the number of workers on the street is unbelievable. It is a true red light district so for once the SUN has it right. 

30 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Most lightly he booked the room when he first arrived ..put valuables in the safe, didn't bother unpacking and went straight to the pub ... Maybe came back when the thief was in the room 

You've got it all worked out. What was the perps name?

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Coming on the back of the French guy shot last week, the cops statement that Thailand is totally safe for tourists, looks even weaker now than it did then.

When reading the OP I get the impression that safe FROM tourists is more applicable to your post.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Dad-of-two Luke Ramage, 31, who is feared to have been murdered, had arrived in Thailand just hours earlier.

IMO , He had just arrived and planned to spend alot of time in Asia , he may have been carrying a lot of money .

Was the "friend" staying in the other room a friend ,  or just a random person staying in the hotel ?

The "friend " knew that he was carrying cash and decided to rob him  , he didnt mean to kill him , if he did mean to kill him, he wouldnt have informed the hotel staff .

If the thief just wanted to steal , he would have opened the suitcase to see whether there was any valuables inside  .

43 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

If you have ever travelled Thaniya at night you know that it is indeed a red light district the number of workers on the street is unbelievable. It is a true red light district so for once the SUN has it right. 

Yes it is but mostly for japanese....

39 minutes ago, jesimps said:

This doesn't include your goody goody, teacher's pet self of course. Another pal of suradit69.

LOL. Nope, just not so bitter at Thai women that I blame every single problem that befalls a tourist on the Thais, even when the evidence suggests otherwise. Go on, have another go. 

I am waiting for which police officer is making an announcement that Thailand is a very safe place for tourists? This time is even faster because the victim did not even have time to unpack the luggage. I reckon the next foreigner's body probably inside a car on the way to the hotel...LOL

Archived