"Zero deaths on public transport!" That's my New Year target says DLT chief

webfact

"Zero deaths on public transport!" That's my New Year target says DLT chief

9pm_VI.jpg

Department of Land Transport chief Pheeraphon Thawornsupcharoen has made a bold statement in relation to public transport in Thailand during the New Year holidays. 

He has said that his target is zero fatalities. 

To do this he will be checking all vehicles and drivers. 

There will especially be lots of driver alcohol testing at bus stations and where vehicles park. 

Their licenses will all be checked. 

He was also determined that not a single passenger will be left stranded. In line with communications' ministry guidelines extra vehicles will be added to routes to ensure no one is left disappointed. 

He trumpeted a system called "Smart Bus Terminal" that will monitor arrivals and departures in "real time" utilizing a master control panel at bus stations and help from apps. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-17

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Department of Land Transport chief Pheeraphon Thawornsupcharoen has made a bold statement in relation to public transport in Thailand during the New Year holidays. 

He has said that his target is zero fatalities. 

Sure, next week he'll be showing how to nail jelly to the ceiling too.

There will especially be lots of driver alcohol testing at bus stations and where vehicles park.

He was also determined that not a single passenger will be left stranded.

What if a driver/co-driver is tested positive for alcohol? His bus will be stopped whilst the company scrambles to find a sober driver thus leaving many passengers stranded. If you have experienced Morchit bus station in Bangkok, I believe it would need an "army" of breath testers for all the drivers.

Archived