Income Affidavit validity date

I received my O Visa in Penang last month and after going to Phuket Immigration last week was told that I can not apply to transfer it to an O-A Visa for another 45 days. I've read that the US Embassy will no longer issue income affidavits after December 31. Does that mean that Thai Immigration will not accept the affidavit as proof of pension as of January 1st even though it is valid for 6 months? When I asked the immigration officer if the affidavit would be accepted when I return next month he said it was valid for 6 months. Then he laughed (cryptically) and said I would need money in a Thai bank. Can anyone shed some light on the matter or have facts pertaining to the subject? 

The rule is that they are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. There is no announcement from immigration that they will not be accepted after January 1st.

You may need backup proof of your income shown on the affidavit when you apply.

• Thanks 1

I received my O Visa in Penang last month and after going to Phuket Immigration last week was told that I can not apply to transfer it to an O-A Visa for another 45 days.

unquote

What is this? You are completely out there with this..... Hopefully somebody else have the strength to explain this MESS to you...

glegolo

18 minutes ago, glegolo said:

What is this? You are completely out there with this..... Hopefully somebody else have the strength to explain this MESS to you...

Best guess, he obtained a Non-Imm O and got 90 days permission and for some reason Phuket don't want to issue him an extension based on retirement until the last 30 days ?

Anyhow, Joe hit the question.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisbadger108 said:

I received my O Visa in Penang last month and after going to Phuket Immigration last week was told that I can not apply to transfer it to an O-A Visa for another 45 days.

You are not transferring to a "O-A Visa", you will be applying for a 1 year extension of stay (permit).

4 hours ago, chrisbadger108 said:

I've read that the US Embassy will no longer issue income affidavits after December 31. Does that mean that Thai Immigration will not accept the affidavit as proof of pension as of January 1st even though it is valid for 6 months?

If you get the affidavit before December 31st, immigration should still accept it after January when you apply for the extension.

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, glegolo said:

unquote

glegolo

Sorry you saw it that way. I was told I could not apply for the extension before 30 days of my current O Visa expiring. I don't see this as such a MESS. If it's of any consequence to you, I did receive it today- 28 days before expiration.

1 hour ago, chrisbadger108 said:

As an update, I did receive the one year extension today from Phuket Immigration with the Income Affidavit. 

Good to hear they walked-back their prior statement on this - saying they would not accept the affidavits this year and it was "money in the bank" or no extension."