Cops claim Brit drank himself to death in Bangkok hotel despite ‘signs of a fight and ransacked safe’

webfact

DEATH RIDDLE 

Mystery as cops claim Brit dad, 31, drank himself to death in Bangkok hotel despite ‘signs of a fight and ransacked safe’

Luke Ramage went out with his pals after arriving but was found dead the next morning in his hotel room

EXCLUSIVE

By Tariq Tahir and Stephen Moyes

39157788_2210235032524615_6457672527140356096_n.jpg

Luke and his friends went out to bars after arriving in Bangkok//Picture: Facebook

POLICE in Thailand say a Brit died in his hotel room as a result of drinking too much alcohol - despite earlier claims his body showed signs of a fight.

Luke Ramage, 31, had just arrived in the country with friends for a trip around South-East Asia and checked into a hotel in the Patpong red light district of the city.

The dad-of-two went out the area's bars and initial reports said the safe in his hotel, which had no valuables inside, was open.

Now, the boss of the Bavana hotel says Luke was seen on CCTV staggering through the reception with his pals trying to get him into his room.

They took a lift to the fifth room then left him on the bed before walking back out to go to continue drinking, it's claimed.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8000782/brit-dad-of-two-drank-himself-to-death-in-bangkok-red-light-district-cops-believe-as-cctv-shows-him-staggering-through-hotel-lobby/

-- The SUN 2018-12-18

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just left a room with a safe wide open because I couldn't work out the code. So what?

Arriving jet lagged and then hitting the bars hard untill you can no longer even stand = possible alcohol poisoning /death

Will there be toxoligy reports? Did he buy some party drugs from Nigerians in soi 4

Is he on medications that interact with heavy booze?

Bruises can last for weeks, it's possible that he was already bruised when he arrived...

Also, if you get really drunk you can get what I call 'mystery injuries' - bruises which appear and you have no idea where they came from. Normally from falling over, while 'black out drunk', etc.

5 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Bruises can last for weeks, it's possible that he was already bruised when he arrived...

Also, if you get really drunk you can get what I call 'mystery injuries' - bruises which appear and you have no idea where they came from. Normally from falling over, while 'black out drunk', etc.

Bruise take time to appear, and certainly do NOT appear after death.... I do hope an autopsy is performed back home. I also noticed no interview with his mates.

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

POLICE in Thailand say a Brit died in his hotel room as a result of drinking too much alcohol - despite earlier claims his body showed signs of a fight.

thai police look for the easiest way out where it means the least amount of work for them and the least public scrutiny

“Then a little bit later they came back out and closed the door. Then they went out again to party. “The friends came back a few hours later.”

He said that they told security at about 8:30am that there friend was dead but then vanished.

“The security sent upstairs to check and when they came back down the men had disappeared,” said the hotel boss.

I hope that I choose better friends than he did.

R.I.P. and condolences to his family.

For the average healthy person, I don't think it's so easy to "drink yourself to death."

Unless he had some underlying health problems. Or unless the booze was adulterated/contaminated in some way.

This is pretty clearly one of those cases where a professional autopsy is clearly needed and warranted. But it sounds like from the police guy's statement, they've made their conclusion and are done with the case. No further investigation required.

That's the kind of quick draw statement coming from Thai police that cries out for doing an autopsy.

BTW, kudos to the guy's "friends" / "mates" for leaving him there and running away.  :bah:

39 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Bruising after death can occur but are caused by lividity which is the blood collecting in whatever are the lower parts of the body after circulation stops.  Normal bruising occurs within 1 or 2 days of the initial impact and injury.  Bruising can be caused by drunken stumblings but usually do not appear until a day or so later.

The timings in this case do not appear to support the claimed cause of death.

So many street police theories on here cops need to look at cctv from bar areas to this hotel he may have got into a bar or street fight. His so called mates may be able to fill in the blanks surely. Rip to this lad. Hopefully family can get the correct answers

BUT, yesterday they said he died of a heart attack,and the bruises

on his legs ?,and shoulders were from CPR ,sounds like someone,

maybe 2 people holding him down.also the police give no explanation

of what happened to his valuables.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, madmen said:

I just left a room with a safe wide open because I couldn't work out the code. So what?

Arriving jet lagged and then hitting the bars hard untill you can no longer even stand = possible alcohol poisoning /death

Will there be toxoligy reports? Did he buy some party drugs from Nigerians in soi 4

Is he on medications that interact with heavy booze?

There was only mention of him and his friends in Patpong Sherlock, not soi 4 Sukhumvit ( Nigerians selling him drugs!! Are YOU drunk?) If his medications did not react with booze in England they would not react in Bangkok ( this certainly was not his first night of drinking)  You must be the worst TVF detective in 2018. 

7 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

There was only mention of him and his friends in Patpong Sherlock, not soi 4 Sukhumvit ( Nigerians selling him drugs!! Are YOU drunk?) If his medications did not react with booze in England they would not react in Bangkok ( this certainly was not his first night of drinking)  You must be the worst TVF detective in 2018. 

he was probably talking about silom soi 4, usually nigerians hanging about selling crap to the gay guys

4 minutes ago, MARK74 said:

he was probably talking about silom soi 4, usually nigerians hanging about selling crap to the gay guys

I doubt he was for sure. You would also be the first person to see Nigerians hanging near Silom soi 4. I mean they are NEVER there. For more than one reason. 

he is not the first person to suddenly die in a hotel room and will not be the last, I don't buy the alcohol poisoning narrative - it is impossible to determine COD without a proper autopsy, I find it very odd his friends left him there dead, not sure why they would do that

RIP

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

he is not the first person to suddenly die in a hotel room and will not be the last, I don't buy the alcohol poisoning narrative - it is impossible to determine COD without a proper autopsy, I find it very odd his friends left him there dead, not sure why they would do that

RIP

Just maybe, his friends are well aware how the RTP fit people up for things here and decided that they couldn't help their mate as he was already dead, but they could sure end up in the sh it themselves.

1 hour ago, maccastime said:

So many street police theories on here cops need to look at cctv from bar areas to this hotel he may have got into a bar or street fight. His so called mates may be able to fill in the blanks surely. Rip to this lad. Hopefully family can get the correct answers

So many street police theories on here

Then you go off on one in true Inspector Clouseau style and present your own :post-4641-1156694572:

Archived