Cops claim Brit drank himself to death in Bangkok hotel despite ‘signs of a fight and ransacked safe’

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Bruise take time to appear, and certainly do NOT appear after death.... I do hope an autopsy is performed back home. I also noticed no interview with his mates.

You should look on the internet plenty of studies claim otherwise.

39 minutes ago, smedly said:

he is not the first person to suddenly die in a hotel room and will not be the last, I don't buy the alcohol poisoning narrative - it is impossible to determine COD without a proper autopsy, I find it very odd his friends left him there dead, not sure why they would do that

RIP

These guys are English I seen them in action when consuming alcohol, they can't beat Russians but the English are famous for their binge drinking. I have seen that often with my own eyes in France and Spain. I don't see this as really strange couple of drunks carrying an other drunk and then going back to drink more. If they were all drinking we should not expect logic from them.

No I am not saying all people from the UK consume huge loads of alcohol (statistics show they are on par with many other European countries) I am talking about binge drinking and just my own observations from when I was younger and partied more. 

Anyway a good autopsy is required what killed him, but just off a plane and going drinking dehydrating yourself even more is a recipe for disaster. 

37 minutes ago, smedly said:

he is not the first person to suddenly die in a hotel room and will not be the last, I don't buy the alcohol poisoning narrative - it is impossible to determine COD without a proper autopsy, I find it very odd his friends left him there dead, not sure why they would do that

RIP

Indeed. But an autopsy could provide facts that need investigating and create lot of work. Easier to make a conclusion that tries to pass it of without complications and bothering with all this work. 

Let's see if the new regimes let them get away with this lazy attitude.

So let me get this right.. A 31yo Brit arrives in Bangkok with his two so called mates, checks into his hotel room.. His first day of his dream SE Asian holiday that was to include Cambodia, Vietnam and Malaysia..

Hours after going out drinking and gets drunk, so his friends help him back to his room, and continue out for more drinking.. He is found dead in his room following morning with reports of some bruising on his body.. His friends report his death to security and then do a runner..

RTP conclude he died from too much alcohol, case closed.. No autopsy, so cannot determine if he had a medical issue and reasons of bruising checked to see if related to COD.. Anywhere else and an autopsy would have been conducted to determine the true cause of death, instead of RTP guess work, case closed.. TIT.. RIP

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. But an autopsy could provide facts that need investigating and create lot of work. Easier to make a conclusion that tries to pass it of without complications and bothering with all this work. 

It certainly is a lazy attitude, should be standard to have an autopsy when its not clear how someone died. But as you said the cops are often lazy especially if there is no money to be made. Though think there is a really high possibility here of no foul play, just abuse of alcohol and a body giving in for various reasons. 

Still the coroner should tell them this not a guess from the cops.

49 minutes ago, lensta said:

Just maybe, his friends are well aware how the RTP fit people up for things here and decided that they couldn't help their mate as he was already dead, but they could sure end up in the sh it themselves.

Brilliant theory.

A young man is dead. This was someone’s child and someone’s father. Why all the jokes? 

we only know what has been reported, and the investigation is reported as ongoing. There will be an autopsy that will include a toxoligy report. 

4 hours ago, madmen said:

I just left a room with a safe wide open because I couldn't work out the code. So what?

Arriving jet lagged and then hitting the bars hard untill you can no longer even stand = possible alcohol poisoning /death

Will there be toxoligy reports? Did he buy some party drugs from Nigerians in soi 4

Is he on medications that interact with heavy booze?

Well done my dear dr Watson.police saying he drank himself to death is a toxicology report out here,so the case is now closed.

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

“Then a little bit later they came back out and closed the door. Then they went out again to party. “The friends came back a few hours later.”

He said that they told security at about 8:30am that there friend was dead but then vanished.

“The security sent upstairs to check and when they came back down the men had disappeared,” said the hotel boss.

I hope that I choose better friends than he did.

R.I.P. and condolences to his family.

Please try to bear in mind the kind of police farce that operates here and their past history.

If I had nothing to do with it, I would still be very nervous about sticking around and with good justification

3 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Please try to bear in mind the kind of police farce that operates here and their past history.

If I had nothing to do with it, I would still be very nervous about sticking around and with good justification

You do have a valid point Sir. 

3 hours ago, todlad said:

What is your hypothesis, then?

An Obvious TVF Sherlocker; On his way to church on a mission to bring sinning nearby Thai street-walking business girls to good British Christian morals, when he was just barely overpowered, assaulted by 10 cowardly farang haters who left him outside a bar, where the owner dragged him inside and poured booz down his unwilling but helpless throat. Crooked cops took his wallet and dragged him back to his room where they blew the safe.

1 minute ago, Tweedle dee said:

Thai feds are always a target, get used to this its there way, or stay away ... the latest verdict sounds very plausible from where i sit .... along with farang behaviour whilst on a binge session. TD

It's a verdict?

Do you understand exactly what a verdict means?

Just how long has this death been investigated?

What were the coroner's conclusions?

39 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

that is the problem here in Thailand, in the west every sudden death must be investigated unless the cause is very obvious, Thai police seem to think they are medical experts - in fact they seem to think they are experts at many things as I have observed over the years. Just like in the west they have a public duty to determine what happened to this young man

Many of these hotels have serious pest problems and there is little control over how they deal with it, condo building I stayed in years ago had a guy come round every so often spraying rooms - I refused to let him in

These news stories are not to be relied on, if you read this thread we already see another version of this incident that was reported earlier, all we know is that a young man died in his hotel room, it is not easy to die of alcohol poisoning (as already stated earlier in this thread) if someone drinks too much the body will usually reject it in a way that most people will be familiar with 

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

It's a verdict?

Do you understand exactly what a verdict means?

Just how long has this death been investigated?

What were the coroner's conclusions?

Like i said, the rule of thumb here is the way it is ... like it or lump it as we britts say.

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

that is the problem here in Thailand, in the west every sudden death must be investigated unless the cause is very obvious, Thai police seem to think they are medical experts - in fact they seem to think they are experts at many things as I have observed over the years. Just like in the west they have a public duty to determine what happened to this young man

Many of these hotels have serious pest problems and there is little control over how they deal with it, condo building I stayed in years ago had a guy come round every so often spraying rooms - I refused to let him in

These news stories are not to be relied on, if you read this thread we already see another version of this incident that was reported earlier, all we know is that a young man died in his hotel room, it is not easy to die of alcohol poisoning (as already stated earlier in this thread) if someone drinks too much the body will usually reject it in a way that most people will be familiar with 

Not wanting to create another issue here but if this is a problem for your good self then choose another country to live or visit. TD 

6 minutes ago, Tweedle dee said:

Like i said, the rule of thumb here is the way it is ... like it or lump it as we britts say.

I would bet London to a brick that you are not a Brit..(please note Brit-not Britt-for future reference)

Otherwise.. two sandwiches short of a picnic might be a better indication of nationality.

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I one lay London to a brick that you are not a Brit..(please note Brit-not Britt-for future reference)

Otherwise..a two sandwiches short of a picnic might be a better indication of nationality.

i one lay London to a brick ?? lets not <deleted> thread ey ! just accept other folks views on said topic , sad as it is. TD

4 minutes ago, Tweedle dee said:

i one lay London to a brick ?? lets not <deleted> thread ey ! just accept other folks views on said topic , sad as it is. TD

Then stop pretending that you are a "Brit" and we will move on,eh?

Never mind-the last bunch of graduates all claimed that they were Australian.

"The more things change,the more they stay the same"

once a autopsy  is carried out the facts will reveal them selves plus the hotel has CCTV  on the guys friends taking him back to his room

so the  police will be wanting to talk to them should not take long to find them 

if his passport money ect is still there then robbery ruled out 

It is pretty easy to die of alcohol poisoning.

I knew two guys that died from alcohol poisoning. I don’t know anyone the has died as a result of having their room sprayed for bugs.

Well, surely if his passport, holiday funds and valuables are all missing... then its not a straight forward drinking himself to death. If they are all still in his room and possession then its more than possible the death could be drink related. Problem is the reports do not state what the situation is with his valuables and cash. Only that the safe door was left open and empty which as we all know means nothing. All I would say is 99% of people upon checking in before rushing out you would put everything in your safe before going out on a big first night.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I Always the thought they were all classed as "suicides" in this country.

Drinking industrial amounts of alcohol is a form of suicide, then drinking too much is one thing, but drinking like a madman is suicidal!:smile:

I had a friend who drank himself to death. he just sat down one day and drank so much he died. he choked to death on his own vomit. 

it is easy to do if you are a life long drinker and can consume large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time.

Archived