Cops claim Brit drank himself to death in Bangkok hotel despite ‘signs of a fight and ransacked safe’

webfact

There was only mention of him and his friends in Patpong Sherlock, not soi 4 Sukhumvit ( Nigerians selling him drugs!! Are YOU drunk?) If his medications did not react with booze in England they would not react in Bangkok ( this certainly was not his first night of drinking)  You must be the worst TVF detective in 2018. 
What a dummy. Drinking ramps up hard on holidays especially thailand!!

You think party drugs don't make a difference when drunk?

Have you ever even been in party mode in Asia? Doubt it, plenty die.. Just use Google.

I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

With nothing on camera so far it looks very much like suicide again surprised it took a day to work it out????RIP

I'm sorry, I read the whole story and didn't see any mention of suicide. 

I did read about a very drunk man who was for all intensive purposes carried to his room, and 2 friends who acted pretty shoddily in the am after being unable to wake him. 

He may well have been in a fight or just falling down drunk, screaming foul play hardly seems rational at this point - per occams razor the simplest solution usually is the correct one. 

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For the average healthy person, I don't think it's so easy to "drink yourself to death."

Unless he had some underlying health problems. Or unless the booze was adulterated/contaminated in some way.

This is pretty clearly one of those cases where a professional autopsy is clearly needed and warranted. But it sounds like from the police guy's statement, they've made their conclusion and are done with the case. No further investigation required.

That's the kind of quick draw statement coming from Thai police that cries out for doing an autopsy.

BTW, kudos to the guy's "friends" / "mates" for leaving him there and running away.  :bah:

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Some get so incredibly drunk, collapse on the bed, face up and fall unconscious and vomit and saly end up drowning in their own vomit.  I also know of a case where a young man had drank so much, went to bed and fell unconscious and he suffered a hemorrhage and died.  The only sign was a trace of blood from his nose and of course a lack of breathing.  Some cynics might want to think a little more before commiting themselves to print?

Yes, and all of the murders in Dark Tao were committed by Burmese people, or were also suicides. How inane. Do these guys even realize how little credibility they have? Do they even realize how moronic they sound? Does even a single person believe this nonsense? They literally just make it up, as they go along. I wonder if there are any countries in the world that have police, who have less credibility than these guys, besides Russia and North Korea, who do not count for obvious reasons. 

Well, as it stands at the moment, it seems highly plausible that his death was caused by excessive drinking.  Let's wait for the toxicology report and the result of the post mortem.  I wouldn't be surprised if he vomited in his sleep, inhaled the vomit and died as a consequence.  It'll all come out in the wash, hopefully, but at this stage there is simply no point in blaming shoddy investigation by the MiB.  Too many ThiaVisa posters have wildly speculative imaginations and opinions.

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

With "friends" like those two (whether you're dead or alive)....who needs enemies?

They did take him back to his hotel room, so perhaps staff saw how inebriated he was and decided to do a robbery, to which he might have resisted. Really  how could a young fit man die from drinking too much alcolhol in one pub session. Provided the RTP don't get him cremated, this knee jerk solving of the crime might just be disproved.

How about, this guys drinks were spiked, his buddies got hime to his room

where someone else got in and beat on him and took what was in the safe.

Fishy conclusion from the cops and owner of hotel. Maybe involvement,,

then big brown envelope?

Geezer

They did take him back to his hotel room, so perhaps staff saw how inebriated he was and decided to do a robbery, to which he might have resisted. Really  how could a young fit man die from drinking too much alcolhol in one pub session. Provided the RTP don't get him cremated, this knee jerk solving of the crime might just be disproved.

Where does it say how many pubs the visited?

Where does it say what kind of health he was in?

Where does it say the investigation is over?

Nice friends. Most friends would have not left for Pattaya. They would have tried to help or stay with him after death to help his family. 

Alcohol poisoning is real especially if taking other medication that lowers your blood pressure. In USA almost every year you hear of a 18 year old college student dying from alcohol poison. It happens.

But if you want to blame Thailand for everything and bash them for covering up everything then no one will stop you and you have plenty of supporters on this forum. 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I find it very odd his friends left him there dead, not sure why they would do that

They would probably do exactly that if they wanted him dead and did something to ensure it happens. Like, getting him drunk on the bed face down against a pillow, and holding down for a while. The report suggests they did enter the room with him and then left... Just speculating. 

YEP!  Drank himself to death, happens every nigh around the world.  Now imagine how many deaths and ransacked cases should occur this xmas and new years in Pattaya alone.  It's gonna be so busy....cant wait to read all the reports.  All open and shut cases.  I should just walk the hallways of the hotels in a grinch costume helping myself to all the open safes...makes perfect sense doesn't it.  

Could have been DVT from the flight. Clots develop during long haul flights and some people even die in their seats during the flight. Others die after arrival. A clot forms in the leg and a piece breaks away and travels. Effects everybody differently but most just develop a clot and then have to be treated, but some are unlucky! I know about DVT having had about 8 clots since 2003 and now treat and monitor myself. 

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I had a friend who drank himself to death. he just sat down one day and drank so much he died. he choked to death on his own vomit. 

it is easy to do if you are a life long drinker and can consume large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time.

vomit is the key word. none reported so far.

I hope his "mates" that left their "friend" to rot and fester in the hotel room feel guilt and remorse. I hope they have a good story to tell his children.

Great story for the Sun newspaper.

Bad story ending for the wife and kids. Regardless of his life insurance and the money from the Sun I am sure it is not the way that they want his legacy plastered all over the newspaper.

The bruises on his body probably came from his "mates" man handling back to the room.

Unfortunately he is just another statistic of a drunken Brit dying in Thailand.

R.I.P Luke.

8 hours ago, z42 said:

Oh for christ sake. Was I stupid to think they wouldn't try to blame the victim.

Absolutely ridiculous reasoning again from this utter shower of an outfit 

And your divine insight and clairvoyant skills come from where exactly? You're a retired cop or toxicologist? Certainly nowhere but your own imagination and prejudices. This happens to young people in colleges everywhere, binge drinking causing deaths at frat parties and out on the town. It's certainly a big problem in the US, a bunch of frat boys were recently convicted of negligent homicide because they let a friend drink himself to the point of seizures, never calling for help.  A young guy out on the town in Patpong is at high risk for alcohol related trouble. You don't know that the police did or didn't do their job in this case regardless of your own opinions about police behavior in general.  So as to the first part of your question, yes you're stupid, making a stupid remark like that. 

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

thai police look for the easiest way out where it means the least amount of work for them and the least public scrutiny

So the cops are definitely wrong in this case? You were there? And if the toxicology report comes out confirming alcohol or other overdose, what then? It's easy to make incorrect assumptions before all facts are known, so assuming foul play right off the bat would be just as much a mistake as any other premature conclusion. You know there was security camera footage, right? Or did your eyes sail right by that detail? 

Archived