Foreign tourist badly injured by big bike in Pattaya

webfact

Foreign tourist badly injured by big bike in Pattaya

By The Nation

screenshot_8345.jpg

video screenshot

An unidentified foreign tourist was injured when he was hit by a large motorcycle while walking roadside in Pattaya early on Tuesday.

The Pattaya police station was alerted of the 2am accident on Pattaya 2 Road in Moo 9 village in Tambon Nong Plue in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Adujdej Prumali, 27, lost control of his Kawasaki ER6N motorcycle and plowed into the tourist. The collision caused a big gash to the tourist’s abdomen, and blood was seen seeping from his mouth. He also suffered broken legs and a broken right arm and was rushed to a nearby hospital.

A witness, Paweena Kerdmongkol, 19, told police that he saw the motorcycle speeding to overtake a songtaew bus before it lost control and hit the pedestrian.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360625

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-18

If it isnt bad enough that Thais themselves are responsible for road carnage, now we have a non thai doing it too?

I wonder how much of the road carnage here is attributable to foreigners

23 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

If it isnt bad enough that Thais themselves are responsible for road carnage, now we have a non thai doing it too?

Admit he is a fairway from the side of the road,not that that means much here,but the bike could well have catapulted him to were he is,of course he could have been staggering around drunk,not unknown in Pattaya,but i think we should await additional reports before making a conclusion,that's if there are any.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually most Thais ride small bikes, those I have seen on big ones seem to drive sensibly.

Tourists allowed on a crotch rocket are a danger to all and themselves.

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Are you joking, Pattaya 2nd Rd!

Exactly and would you believe this is the section of pavement that has been blocked off to accommodate the Police living quarters! No excuses for the <deleted> on the bike but so many pavements in Pattaya force pedestrians out into the road...

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Actually most Thais ride small bikes, those I have seen on big ones seem to drive sensibly.

Not my experience here in Pattaya. Many big bike riders are crazy on the roads and drive too fast.  

I spotted a farang on a big bike in Jomtien the other day , no helmet and was speeding like a crazy idiot. 

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Not my experience here in Pattaya. Many big bike riders are crazy on the roads and drive too fast.  

I spotted a farang on a big bike in Jomtien the other day , no helmet and was speeding like a crazy idiot. 

I don't understand why you cropped my post removing the line  that said exactly the same thing!

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I don't know the nationality of the bike rider but Adujdej Prumali sounds a very Thai name to me. 

Footpaths are very narrow on Sai 2 but they could be 4 meters wide and the Indians would still walk on the road. 

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Whoa pilgrim I misread the article, the tourist wasnt at fault, my bad!

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

"Adujdej Prumali, 27, lost control of his Kawasaki ER6N motorcycle and plowed into the tourist". You may want to re read the OP.

32 minutes ago, sevenhills said:

"Adujdej Prumali, 27, lost control of his Kawasaki ER6N motorcycle and plowed into the tourist". You may want to re read the OP.

See above already corrected myself

3 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

I don't know the nationality of the bike rider but Adujdej Prumali sounds a very Thai name to me. 

Adulyadej was a former king of Thailand. Prumali is a place in the Pakistani Punjab. Probably just a bad translation from the police report.

Could be Thai, could be Pakistani, could be a Pakistani/Thai luk keung.

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Really you rush to be first to post this nonsense. Of course expats are responsible for a lot of traffic collisions in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

Really you rush to be first to post this nonsense. Of course expats are responsible for a lot of traffic collisions in Thailand. 

If nonsense,could you educate me and post a percentage?

59 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Lots of onlookers.... but there doesn’t appear to be much effort being put into first aid, which is a bit disturbing.

You find a guy on the asphalt "with a big gash to the abdomen, blood seeping from his mouth with broken legs and a broken right arm", what kind of first aid are you going to administer? As for the driver, ditto: he is still wearing his helmet, you cannot remove that, most you can do is place him in the recovery position but it's still risky if bones were broken.

I hope the poor guy makes it through and doesn't have his life ruined because of yet another idiot on wheels.

Imbecile farang on big bikes regularly open the throttle on soi Buakhao where there is no footpath. I always think surely they will slide out under a truck but sadly it never happens

Archived