Foreign tourist badly injured by big bike in Pattaya

webfact

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Just another insane high speed accident 

I wonder that the tourist have to pay for his operation and hospital as the lady that got hit by a jet ski 

Thailand is so safe 

Let’s pray for the tourist to get all medical treatment for free and that it’s a good & safe hospital... so sad story ???? 

37 minutes ago, Anca said:

Let’s pray for the tourist to get all medical treatment for free

That would be a surprise......

The hospital certainly won't want to do that. the authorities might chip in, 10,000 or 20,000 baht, that is about 1 to 2 nights in a hospital, this poor guy is destined for longer. 

He may carry accident insurance himself, I hope so. The bike rider, if he carries liability insurance that is another possibility, but many tourists arrive here without any, especially young people.  

Adulyadej was a former king of Thailand. Prumali is a place in the Pakistani Punjab. Probably just a bad translation from the police report.

Could be Thai, could be Pakistani, could be a Pakistani/Thai luk keung.

Why does it matter? Both Thais and foreigners can and do drive dangerously and both can also be innocent victims.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You find a guy on the asphalt "with a big gash to the abdomen, blood seeping from his mouth with broken legs and a broken right arm", what kind of first aid are you going to administer? As for the driver, ditto: he is still wearing his helmet, you cannot remove that, most you can do is place him in the recovery position but it's still risky if bones were broken.

I hope the poor guy makes it through and doesn't have his life ruined because of yet another idiot on wheels.

Yes... recovery position, but I do understand your point.

regards bleeding.... wound compression perhap... but as a minimum, close supervision/monitoring of casualties until Ambo arrives, in case of choking to death on blood, or any of the many life threatening things that can happen, during this critical time frame of accident to ambulance.

23 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

If it isnt bad enough that Thais themselves are responsible for road carnage, now we have a non thai doing it too?

I wonder how much of the road carnage here is attributable to foreigners

Very little of the road carnage in Thailand is attributable to farangs, but most Thais and all the Thai apologists like you would love to blame most of the carnage on the farangs. This accident was not caused by a farang. 

2 minutes ago, brling said:

Very little of the road carnage in Thailand is attributable to farangs, but most Thais and all the Thai apologists like you would love to blame most of the carnage on the farangs. This accident was not caused by a farang. 

Thai apologist? Is that the obverse of a Thai hater? Like you?

Did I say most or all of the road carnage was attributed to farangs? I asked how much. The fact that you assumed that I would like to blame falangs for it shows more about you than me.

A friend's daughter was on a footpath buy noodles when some Thai came flying along on his super loud scooter, lost control, and the scooter bounced on the foothpath, did some bowling which resulted in a broken leg for the girl and an awfully big mess of of noodles, boiling water and cheap meat.

If it isn't bad enough that they'll mess you up on the round, being on the footpath is even safe around the simpletons.  

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

How about making it a pedestrian free zone, ban pedestrians as the walk ways are used for other things...

Mostly hawking or scrounging from foot traffic, but I like the approach. Get rid of one and the other will go too!

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

How about making it a pedestrian free zone, ban pedestrians as the walk ways are used for other things...

that's right. the whopping 2 feet wide sidewalks are already occupied by parked cars and mbikes, all sorts of weird poles, path-holes, bumps and trash mounds and illegally displayed merchandise.

Humans have no business on them.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:27 PM, observer90210 said:

ok so let's start the usual.....no insurance for the victim ?..... next stop a GofundMe ?

Actually! My dad, who is the victim of this road accident was a very successful man! So a “gofundme” will not be necessary!

You should really think about the victims families before posting hurtful and unhelpful comments on the internet 

I am the daughter of the Victim who has now passed after being hit by the motorcyclist. 

I find some of your comments and opinions about my fathers horrific passing to be disrespectful, unsympathetic and cruel. Reading them at this difficult time is highly disdressing for me and everyone who loved him. 

With regards to a “gofundme” page, I would just like to assure you all that this will not be necessary as my dad was a very successful engineer with a first class honours degree 

I think the people who have taken the time to write hurtful comments should seriously think how thier words impact the victim family and friends of this tragic event 

Thank you for the comments about my fathers wellbeing, they are appreaicated 

I am the daughter of the Victim who has now passed after being hit by the motorcyclist. 

I find some of your comments and opinions about my fathers horrific passing to be disrespectful, unsympathetic and cruel. Reading them at this difficult time is highly disdressing for me and everyone who loved him. 

With regards to a “gofundme” page, I would just like to assure you all that this will not be necessary as my dad was a very successful engineer with a first class honours degree 

I think the people who have taken the time to write hurtful comments should seriously think how thier words impact the victim family and friends of this tragic event 

Thank you for the comments about my fathers wellbeing, they are appreaicated 

Emma, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 months later...

Big Bikes became in Europe famous in the early 70' and the death toll was high until the following generations grew an instinct to it. 

This step is Thailand now going through.. 45 years they were riding on buffalo and couldn't pay for a motorbike and then the modern time picked up, much more traffic and the awareness follows behind.. 

I think this phenomena will last for another two decades.. 

On 12/18/2018 at 2:49 PM, balo said:

Not my experience here in Pattaya. Many big bike riders are crazy on the roads and drive too fast.  

I spotted a farang on a big bike in Jomtien the other day , no helmet and was speeding like a crazy idiot. 

So walk facing the traffic.  On the pavement where there is one. Always walk facing the oncoming  traffic.  In all countries.  Let's hope the MC rider gets serious jail time and fine. Was he drunk? Was he a m***** with good police connections?

Archived