Chiang Mai man jumps to death from condo rooftop

webfact

Chiang Mai man jumps to death from condo rooftop

By The Nation

cm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Chiang Mai man suffering from depression following a business failure jumped to his death from a condominium rooftop in front of his relatives on Tuesday morning, say police.

Apirak Chansawang, 40, died on the ground outside a luxurious 32-floor condominium in tambon Wat Ket of Chiang Mai’s Muang district.

His relatives told police that they were taking Apirak for to the rooftop for morning exercise when he suddenly climbed over the wall and jumped down as shocked relatives were unable to grab him in time.

The relatives told police that Apirak used to have a successful business abroad and returned to Thailand five years ago. He borrowed money from relatives to buy a shophouse and opened a language school. But the business failed, causing him to fall into a depression that was being treated by doctors.

The relatives said Apirak had tried to commit suicide once in his room on the 26th floor of the condo but relatives had saved him in time.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360637

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-18

14 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

They took him to the rooftop for exercise?  Does Thai life insurance pay out in the cases of suicide?  Jesus, sounds more like they took him up to the roof and threw him off.  Not the best way to collect a debt, except maybe to send a message to others?

Given the Thai dedication to family, IMHO your hypothesis has a very low probability. RIP poor man, sad.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Given the Thai dedication to family, IMHO your hypothesis has a very low probability. RIP poor man, sad.

Thai dedication to family?  You are joking right?  Granted some Thais and family are very close, just ask any farang that now gets to support his new Thai wife's mother.  But the numbers of broken families, multiple fathers, etc. hardly speaks to family dedication.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You're probably right, but imagine the headline read:  "Creditors take a guy to the roof of a condo and are the only witnesses as he jumps off".

I don't know what happened here.  But I sure hope the BIB do a proper investigation.  While I generally found Thai people to be very dedicated to family, lots of families seemed to have their dark components and their oxygen thieves.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

They took him to the rooftop for exercise?  Does Thai life insurance pay out in the cases of suicide?  Jesus, sounds more like they took him up to the roof and threw him off.  Not the best way to collect a debt, except maybe to send a message to others?

Me think you have overdosed TVF ????

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Thai dedication to family?  You are joking right?  Granted some Thais and family are very close, just ask any farang that now gets to support his new Thai wife's mother.  But the numbers of broken families, multiple fathers, etc. hardly speaks to family dedication.

In my experience, Thai dedication to family takes precedence over everything else. The links in the chain are the women of the family.

Your view of Thais is very cynical. Admittedly they have flaws; however, I see a lot of attributes we farangs would do well to adopt.

1 hour ago, rickthailand said:

i own a condo in that building the roof actually has a nice excersize area with grass etc

many people use the roof garden for that reason, there is a glass wall all around about 1.5 meters high.

Please don't bring real facts into the thread. It can cause great confusion and interrupt a good going Thai bashing thread.

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Thai dedication to family?  You are joking right?  Granted some Thais and family are very close, just ask any farang that now gets to support his new Thai wife's mother.

A hypothesis based solely on either personal or anecdotal evidence of the small percentage of inter-racial marriages or intimate relationships mostly ending badly. A hypothesis furthered by limited of otherwise negligible personal knowledge of the mechanics and mores of the typical Thai domestic family.

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

But the numbers of broken families, multiple fathers, etc. hardly speaks to family dedication.

And you have all the statistics for these? The researched percentages, etc.? If the 'multiple fathers' is a reference to the amount of single mothers in Thailand, do you have some figures to lend weight to your suggestion that it is much worse here than in other countries?

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In my experience, Thai dedication to family takes precedence over everything else.

Maybe so. But there are also endless reports of Thais stealing from and cheating their own families, and generally scrounging off them.

17 hours ago, madmen said:

That's the thai MO borrow money from family, open shop expecting Mega wealth instantly and they mostly always fail.

Know a few dummy farang who backed their females with tales of wealth....fail!

Known many a dummy farang buy a bar and fail so whats your stats?

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A hypothesis based solely on either personal or anecdotal evidence of the small percentage of inter-racial marriages or intimate relationships mostly ending badly. A hypothesis furthered by limited of otherwise negligible personal knowledge of the mechanics and mores of the typical Thai domestic family.

And you have all the statistics for these? The researched percentages, etc.? If the 'multiple fathers' is a reference to the amount of single mothers in Thailand, do you have some figures to lend weight to your suggestion that it is much worse here than in other countries?

I never said nor suggested it was better or worse than in other countries, and that is not relevant anyway.  Stop your dithering

Archived