Elderly Belgian urges motorist who hit her to come forward

snoop1130

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry if I'm not entirely sympathetic to old folks throwing themselves in front of me while I'm driving along the road minding my own business. I'll do my best to avoid them (along with all the other 'surprise' obstacles on Thai roads), but sometimes they're gonna be hit.

Can't help feeling a person this age shouldn't be out on their own at night on a busy road.

"It came from nowhere" when they were clearly in the middle of a busy road, is an indication of her mental competence (or lack of).

If I'd been the driver, I'd probably have stopped (not medically trained, I'm not sure how I could have helped), but I can understand those who wouldn't have stopped.

this says everything about you, hope there are not to many of you on the road, with such a dispicable mentality,maybe u have a special opinion about drunk driving too share it with us i have my shrink look at it he might be interested 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/19/2018 at 11:54 AM, farcanell said:

Wow... really?

so you don’t slow down when when nearing a village market area, expecting someone to “unexpectedly” pull out on a scooter?

or increase / decrease speed such that your not caught beside a poorly (lol) loaded truck?

or adjust for weather conditions

or.. well... ???? drive to the code, not the road... wow... ok

I’m assuming you have a license, although I’m hoping it’s expired, never to be replaced, because this attitude is what causes incidents.

maybe the right of it is to drive to the road conditions, whilst obeying the code, which sets maximums, whilst generally ignoring minimums.

Go back and read what you actually said.....must be able to stop whatever the condition. I am responding to that, not what you think you might have liked to have said. If you are saying slow down, drive defensively and keep a constant lookout and be prepared to have to stop, then that is how I drive. Going everywhere at 1mph which is what you were proposing may work for you but it doesn't for me. I would add, you driving like that will cause many more accidents than I ever will!!

On 12/19/2018 at 11:11 AM, BritManToo said:

Seems to me it's more about white foreigners using any excuse to heap hate on Thais.

Their country, their rules, and up to them to choose their enforcement.

Nobody is forcing you to live here.

We all know the roads are dangerous, up to you to be extra careful when out on them.

In other words you want to say, that it is perfectly ok to overrun people by car and then just flee the scene? Or how else can this be interpreted? I just hope - for your goodsake - that nothing of the like happens to you or your loved ones; it might destroy an illusion for good! 

On 12/20/2018 at 6:29 AM, wazzupnow said:

this says everything about you, hope there are not to many of you on the road, with such a dispicable mentality,maybe u have a special opinion about drunk driving too share it with us i have my shrink look at it he might be interested 

Erm, have you actually ever driven on the roads here? Not many Buddhists behind the wheel on theses roads.

22 hours ago, Rod the Sod said:

Go back and read what you actually said.....must be able to stop whatever the condition. I am responding to that, not what you think you might have liked to have said. If you are saying slow down, drive defensively and keep a constant lookout and be prepared to have to stop, then that is how I drive. Going everywhere at 1mph which is what you were proposing may work for you but it doesn't for me. I would add, you driving like that will cause many more accidents than I ever will!!

Lmao..... go back and read what I actually said?

ok... done... ( it wasn’t hard, as the appended post was the totality of my commenting, at that point).... so, the comments you ascribe to me, were made by another.... oops... that kind of takes the wind out of ones sails, does it not?.

so... for giggles, let’s revisit my opening comments anyway... 

”wow.. really

so you don’t slow down...... “ (from my first post kindly appended by you)

???????????? i reckon you should slow down, just a little, to perhaps allow time to consider what your saying, and avoid gaffs as demonstrated herein

Archived