BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Mum's 'relief' as £60k raised to bring injured daughter home from Thailand after horrific accident

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sorry to disappoint, but they are gold, they are fish, cheap fish I might add that are not worth insuring anyway, especially if it is money straight out the front door. I would of course, suffer deep traumatic loss when I find them floating belly up one morning, and require counseling. If they won't pay for this accident, I suspect my policy would leave me suffering even greater loss than just the fish. :smile:

no problem...................just do a go fund me page and get them replaced. 😁

wrong on many accounts.begging for medical bills that could have been avoided.she chose to dive in a rock pool in pai.if a sign was there then it is they for a reason.no wonder the insurance refused.they ask everyone to help her cause why not remortage their house or anything else but begging to everyone please help us.i,am sure they will be another begging bowl out soon i wonder  who it will be.if you take out insurance make sure u check the do,s and don,t,s.too many begging for hands out when something happens now

I feel sorry for this young lady. A SCI at neck level is the worst place to have it. Pleased she is getting repatriated and how insurance companies operate has been a real eye opener and everyone should be reading the fine print.

The moral of the story? Don’t buy the cheapest insurance and read the reviews. 

Brigante7.

wrong on many accounts.begging for medical bills that could have been avoided.she chose to dive in a rock pool in pai.if a sign was there then it is they for a reason.no wonder the insurance refused.they ask everyone to help her cause why not remortage their house or anything else but begging to everyone please help us.i,am sure they will be another begging bowl out soon i wonder  who it will be.if you take out insurance make sure u check the do,s and don,t,s.too many begging for hands out when something happens now

Again how much high risk stuff did you do while growing up? Diving into a pool is not high risk, it's super low risk as millions do it every day. She just go unlucky.

I'm surprised I'm still alive after the high risk stuff I did and I bet most men have similar stories

. It's easy to criticize when your old and a bit more sensible

3 minutes ago, Brigante7 said:

The moral of the story? Don’t buy the cheapest insurance and read the reviews. 

Brigante7.

And do not recklessly (careless/without caution) dive into a shallow pool.....

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Happy to hear that she is recovering and OK to go home, but of course, if her shyster insurance company hadn't been such a bunch of dogs, the fundraiser would not have been necessary. People dive into pools all day long without drama, so to suggest her doing so was "reckless" is just mean. I hope other tourists take note and put these bandits out of business. I wouldn't insure my goldfish with them after this.

While I haven’t read all the details, has it been proven that the claim was actually within her policies covered limits or is it just generalized anger of no coverage, regardless of incident facts?  Just asking as it haven’t read what her policy actually covered and the insurers stated reason for denial.

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You have goldfish? What sort?

it is a gold colour !!! called GOLDIE

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure darksidedog doesn't want to carp on about, it's just not the right plaice.

This is not the time or place to play koi. 

The insurance company avoided at least part responsibility.  And surely the bar operator is also responsible.  

18 minutes ago, new2here said:

While I haven’t read all the details, has it been proven that the claim was actually within her policies covered limits or is it just generalized anger of no coverage, regardless of incident facts?  Just asking as it haven’t read what her policy actually covered and the insurers stated reason for denial.

The insurance company claimed it was a "reckless" act and they will not cover it.

I agree with the insurance company.

Its a different World today, If we old Crumblie Folk told or Parents we were off to do sod all for 6 months at 24, we wouldn't be welcome back. Come to think of it, neither could i, and a few other posters here live comfortable in LOS without hard work as youngsters. 2 Bloody weeks off in the Summer was our luxury. Dont blame them, but theres a price to pay long term. Dont rely on inheritance Kids, its blown in a few years.

10 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

British people are generous!

Agree.  Though, tbh, the article says it was a "world-wide" response.  At all events, it's pleasing to see that, despite so much $hit taking place in the world, the spirit of generosity still pulses weakly in the Global DNA.

Nice one, Scrooges of the world.