Can I "borrow" your taxi driver?

KIO

Hi all,

Usually use the same driver (with big car) when arriving Swampy and heading into town but have lost his card. Does anyone have a good contact to share that can fit 3 people, 2 regular luggage and 3 carry on. I usually pay 500 (including toll) when going to Soi 22 so was thinking in that range.

Thanks in advance

KIO

Or you could use the public taxi service. The ticket machines are divided by short journeys, regular sized taxis and large taxis, with one set of machines just for large taxis which will meet your requirements.

Prices are metered, plus the 50 baht airport surcharge and plus tolls.

6 hours ago, blackcab said:

Or you could use the public taxi service. The ticket machines are divided by short journeys, regular sized taxis and large taxis, with one set of machines just for large taxis which will meet your requirements.

Prices are metered, plus the 50 baht airport surcharge and plus tolls.

Yeah, might be an option. Just hate it when the ques are 30+ minutes when travelling with young kids. That's why I prefer the private driver. Arriving around 8 PM so just want to be out of there! BTW, what does the meter usually stop at these days when going downtown?

KIO

About 300-340 baht in a normal size taxi, depending on traffic, route, etc (50 baht airport surcharge and tolls are in addition).

I'm not sure if the meters on large public taxis charge a slightly higher rate or not. Perhaps someone else could clarify that?

On 12/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Bang Bang said:

Just go to the departure level 4 and walk out to where the taxis drop off leaving passengers. They're all looking for custom to take back to town.

No line, eezy peezy.

The "risk" one takes here as we require a larger sized taxi is that there is not one around and may be a wait of 20-40 minutes. But great tip though mate, will do this one for sure when arriving for sure next time!

KIO

On 12/19/2018 at 5:40 PM, blackcab said:

About 300-340 baht in a normal size taxi, depending on traffic, route, etc (50 baht airport surcharge and tolls are in addition).

I'm not sure if the meters on large public taxis charge a slightly higher rate or not. Perhaps someone else could clarify that?

Yeah, not sure if the larger ones are more per km... BTW, how are the ques theese days? At one point I remember they where regurlarly massive.

KIO

Archived