Head of anti drink drive foundation takes aim at lazy police over helmet usage

webfact

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

Something something something traffic laws something something no one really gives a @#!%!

Thank you Khun Whateveryourname, for sticking your face into a camera, saying something without value that no one will take serious and now we go on with killing people on the roads!

...no one really gives a @#!%!? That comment is without merit. I care and that's good enough for me.

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

You’re talking about a nation of people who won’t get out of the way for an ambulance with its sirens roaring.

All hope is lost here. Honestly. 

Most of them cant even grasp the concept of a red light. 

Asked my wife why cars don't slow down at a give way sign..."they don't know" was all she said. The both don't know the road rules, and the police don't enforce them. So it is what it is. Nothing will change in my lifetime. 

5 hours ago, essox essox said:

and undertaking WHICH IS ILLEGAL in Thailand !!

No it isn't.  If the road has two or more lanes in the same direction then you can legally pass on either side.

It's always better if you know what you are talking about BEFORE YOU SHOUT.

The school my son attends has a strict helmet and no modified bike rule when going and coming from school. Lately the police officer that is incharge of the traffic at the entrance arrives on a motorcycle wearing only a peaked cap, my complaints about this has got nowhere, seems I'm just another silly farang trying to cause trouble

42 minutes ago, drayger said:

The school my son attends has a strict helmet and no modified bike rule when going and coming from school. Lately the police officer that is incharge of the traffic at the entrance arrives on a motorcycle wearing only a peaked cap, my complaints about this has got nowhere, seems I'm just another silly farang trying to cause trouble

Make a picture and post it.....

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've spent some time in Bali, where 95 per cent wear helmets because it is the law. In Thailand, where it is also the law, 95 per cent do not. You simply cannot tell a Thai what to do. They will always do as they wish, and that includes the police in wishing to not enforce the law. They get paid anyway so why bother?

One of the marked things i noticed in Vietnam as well, especially in major cities is that everyone wears helmets, even passengers.

22 hours ago, Youlike said:

And also fine all vehicles when not using indicator lights or headlights..

Please don't even start with indicator lights....
using or not using them makes no difference... they've often been left on flashing from a previous turn and remain on... I never believe indicator lights until I see them actually turn !!

Many farang DO NOT WEAR HELMETS TOO! In my opinion, they set a bad example!

The police don't do their job, that is evident and in clear view for all to witness. Tea money collecton  is  normal practise, not real policing with a polite and professional manner. 

Farang are the usual victims especially those who do abide by Royal Thai laws, who do wear helmets, but the  police usually allowThai law breakers to pass-by!  Most readers, I'm sure, will know what I'm on about.

A mainly care free flippant, fickle, lawless society, where party party party have fun, drink driving poorly maintained vehicles, is normal practise.

Inconsiderate individuals that lack respect for other road users plus fellow man-kind.

Not all are bad, but the majority could not careless.

No doubt his words plus concerns will fall on deafdeaf ears, as is the norm...I wish him luck.

One of the marked things i noticed in Vietnam as well, especially in major cities is that everyone wears helmets, even passengers.

You reckon this is due to police presence, or they actually realise it might save your life, or save having to pay a fine?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Youlike said:

With real police Thailand would be a totally different country. Also traffic would flow much better.

I really can't understand why they still pay the traffic police for doing nothing.

They pay them to bring the unemployment stats  down.  :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Yes helmets are important - but first of all the law needs to define what a proper helmet is - the weird things on people‘s heads we see out there are obviously not.

Helmets are not the main problem either - the only way to reduce the traffic deaths in this country is to teach all these idiots out there traffic rules, how to drive safely and force them to attend a proper driving school before they are able to get a driving license!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

They already did that a few years ago, there is a standard for helmets and a lot of the helmets for sale are illegal to import, yet there they are in the market none the less.

On 12/19/2018 at 12:14 PM, boonrawdcnx said:

Yes helmets are important - but first of all the law needs to define what a proper helmet is - the weird things on people‘s heads we see out there are obviously not.

Helmets are not the main problem either - the only way to reduce the traffic deaths in this country is to teach all these idiots out there traffic rules, how to drive safely and force them to attend a proper driving school before they are able to get a driving license!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The Mrs. says, they are taught! But they don't care! She says some Thais even talk back and get irate (how dare you attitude) to the police if they are given citations

Most comments about poor driving (and parking) are correct.

But wearing proper safety helmets is an easy fix.

All bikes sold whether new or not should be sold with 2 helmets.

Police should fine non helmet use with 50 baht fine. All the time.

Soon the police would be smiling.

Soon helmets would be worn.

QED

Archived