Not a haunting! Riderless motorcycle had a more earthly explanation

webfact

Not a haunting! Riderless motorcycle had a more earthly explanation

10pm.jpg

Superstitious Thai social media was in meltdown this week when CCTV showed a riderless motorcycle in the vicinity of a temple racing down a soi. 

"Oooh...er....brrrr....do we have a haunting??" the netizens conjectured as the poster, "Ort Maekphat", stated:

"At Wat Sukhan - there's a ghost at work!"

Daily News sleuths hotfooted it to the Bang Pa-In area of Ayuthaya to find out and spoke to a motorcycle repairmen called Kiatsak Hindee, 32 who explained: 

"I was chatting with a friend at about midday on Sunday when the riderless bike came whizzing past. 

"I thought WTF?

"It crashed into a parked car. 

"But we soon saw that there was an injured motorcyclist near paak soi (the end of the soi) who had come off the bike. 

"He had attempted to restart his bike but the accelerator had got jammed and took off all by itself", said Kiatsak. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-19

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

there was an injured motorcyclist near paak soi (the end of the soi) who had come off the bike

"He had attempted to restart his bike but the accelerator had got jammed and took off all by itself"

So, somehow he somersaulted from the bike and then tried to reastart it. Normaly people sit down on the bike bike when attempting to start it, but then again, perhaps this guy was a wannabe stuntman.

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

So, somehow he somersaulted from the bike and then tried to reastart it. Normaly people sit down on the bike bike when attempting to start it, but then again, perhaps this guy was a wannabe stuntman.

he was probably kick starting it, a plausible explanation to why he wasn't sat on the bike.

30 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

he was probably kick starting it, a plausible explanation to why he wasn't sat on the bike.

exactly. myself for once did the kick-starting thing while standing beside on numerous occasions, and it would be pretty easy to launch the bike riderless. had to take care to avoid that.

45 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I could be wrong, but the bike looks like a Honda Wave or similar and i"ve never seen anyone  kick start one of those without sitting on them.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Kickstart dude, you put it on the centre stand then kick from beside it.

18 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

If it is a reasonably new bike then it has a built in safety aspect that you cannot kick start it unless it is on the main stand.

well, we have  a reasonably new Honda Wave and it doesn't have this feature. And if you, for some reason, want to kick start it, your more or less bound to sit on the bike to get the needed power from your right leg.

Yes  I know the girly Finos, Scoopys etc. have it's kick starter on rear left hand side of the bike and you'll have to kick it whilst standing beside the bike. But, whe're talking real bikes here. :biggrin:

Archived