CSD monitoring Saraburi gang-rape probe

webfact

CSD monitoring Saraburi gang-rape probe

By The Nation

The Crime Suppression Division (CSD) is on standby in case police in Saraburi are perceived to be dragging their feet in solving the gang-rape of a 12-year-old girl.

CSD chief Pol Maj General Jirapop Phuridech has assigned a team led by Pol Colonel Arun Wachirasrisukanya, ready to take over the probe if the victim’s family becomes concerned that justice is not being served.

But Arun said no problems were evident.

The chief police investigator in Muang Saraburi had told him the investigation was proceeding according to the book and a

multidisciplinary team had already helped interview the five juveniles suspected of involvement in the crime.

Arun said the case appeared straightforward and his team had found no indication of anyone attempting to influence the investigation or threaten the accusers.

Thus, for now, the CSD would let the local cops do their work, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360727

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-19

'Kind of a slut,' Saraburi official calls girl, 12, alleging gang rape

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__11641096-696x522.jpg

Police on Wednesday investigate a shop in Saraburi province where a 12-year-old girl was alleged to be gang-raped.

SARABURI — A government official in Saraburi province resigned Wednesday after footage emerged of him trying to convince a 12-year-old girl into saying she was not gang-raped.

Sangwan Sitthipanya, a top local administrator, was pressured into resigning following the release of the clip one day after the victim’s father accused him of discouraging him from reporting the alleged assault of his daughter by five teen boys.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/12/19/kind-of-a-slut-saraburi-official-calls-girl-12-alleging-gang-rape/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-19

It sounds like the boys may have some influential parents,

as it seems the Police are dragging their feet,and after what

the Government official has said,it looks like they are doing

everything not to charge the perpetrators,for Christ's sake its 

a 12 year old girl.

regards worgeordie

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Arun said the case appeared straightforward and his team had found no indication of anyone attempting to influence the investigation or threaten the accusers.

Well, that statement's a bl@#dy joke, ain't it, given subsequent developments.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Indeed:

"The father of the girl went public about the story yesterday, claiming that Sangwan was related to one of the accused."

And let us not forget there's a second victim here:

"The father said today that another girl was also assaulted along with his daughter."

Second victim claimed in horrific gang-rape

By THE NATION

8416f146d45ca70cccfed2762e943470.jpeg

STATE agencies have become involved in a case in which an 11-year-old schoolgirl in Saraburi is alleged to have been by gang-raped by five youths on Sunday, after her father expressed concern that justice was not being served.

4b31e4e59646d5067b040185174a3fcf.jpeg

The man said police initially failed to record the rape complaint and that a local politician even tried to negotiate on the suspects’ behalf to get the girl to drop her complaint before making an inappropriate comment. 

As social workers prepared to help the traumatised girl yesterday, her 30-year-old father posted another video clip, claiming there had been more than one victim on Sunday night.

He said a 16-year-old girl had asked his daughter to chaperone her while she went out with her boyfriend. She had earlier been falsely accused of being a decoy for the attack, but she said seven youths committed the rape while two others witnessed it but did nothing. 

The father produced a video of an interview with the older girl, in which she denied being a decoy and said she herself had also been raped by three teens on the same evening.

Provincial Police Region 1 deputy chief Pol Maj-General Thanayut Wutthicharasthamrong has ordered an inquiry to establish if local police had helped the suspects. 

Thanayut visited the scene, a grocery shop on Pichai Ronnarongsongkhram Road opposite Sara Buri Vocational College, but it was locked as the owner was away. 

He said the victim and her parents had been sent to the provincial attorney’s office to be interviewed by female police officers. 

Meanwhile, the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) said it was on standby in case Saraburi police were deemed to be dragging their feet. 

CSD chief Pol Maj-General Jirapop Phuridech assigned a team led by Pol Colonel Arun Wachirasrisukanya, and said it was ready to take over the probe if the victim’s family feared that justice was not being served. 

However, Arun said he was satisfied that local police had acted according to the book, so the CSD would let local officers continue with the case.

7200e3ed456d357d2fb4793917fb6c57.jpeg

Meanwhile, Chalermphrakiat District’s tambon Pheung Ruang Administrative Organisation Council chairman Sangwan Sitthipanya yesterday submitted his resignation to district chief Kokchai Chairassameekul after he was criticised for intervening in the case. 

Sangwan is the man who is alleged to have stepped in to question the victim, tried to settle the case by way of compensation to aid the suspects, and made an inappropriate comment.

The case has attracted huge attention on social media after the victim’s father, a tattoo artist, posted on his Facebook page a claim that a local administrator, who he said was a relative of one of the suspects, had intervened and offered Bt10,000-Bt30,000 from each boy as settlement money. 

The father also posted two video clips, one of which showed the local administrator questioning the victim in front of the suspects and relatives while another showed her father assaulting some of the suspects, a suspect’s father and the administrator. The assaulted suspects’ parents later filed an assault complaint against the victim’s father.

On Tuesday, the victim’s mother vowed to pursue the rape complaint and bring those responsible to justice.

The girl’s grandmother said the victim, who claimed she had also received threats of assault from the attackers while she was being raped if she told anyone what had happened, was now stressed and ill, suffering from fever and dizzy spells.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30360769

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-20

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The man said police initially failed to record the rape complaint and that a local politician even tried to negotiate on the suspects’ behalf to get the girl to drop her complaint before making an inappropriate comment.

everyday thailand, a pity

Disgusting

I hope the father goes into "Punisher mode" on these sick bastards, those boys and the official are oxygen thieves who needs to be put down. If my son had been involved in something like that, I would have taken him to the police myself and told them never to let him out.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

CSD chief Pol Maj General Jirapop Phuridech has assigned a team led by Pol Colonel Arun Wachirasrisukanya, ready to take over the probe

But evidently no reason is believed that they will be needed... so why set-up the team?

Obviously this is a reminder to some in the Saraburi police force that they are being watched and cannot brush this one under the carpet!

The father also posted two video clips, one of which showed the local administrator questioning the victim in front of the suspects and relatives while another showed her father assaulting some of the suspects, a suspect’s father and the administrator. The assaulted suspects’ parents later filed an assault complaint against the victim’s father.

Nothing proven against the girl(s)'s claims, and the father getting jail or a heavy fine for assault.

Those would be my predictions if the social media pressure eases off.

CSD chief Pol Maj-General Jirapop Phuridech assigned a team led by Pol Colonel Arun Wachirasrisukanya, and said it was ready to take over the probe if the victim’s family feared that justice was not being served. 

However, Arun said he was satisfied that local police had acted according to the book, so the CSD would let local officers continue with the case.

I wonder how this can be the case if the initial OP is correct, as it was reported that the rape claim had failed to be recorded for both of the victims?

IMO, CSD need to get involved as Sangwan Sitthipanya should not be allowed to get away with only resigning. Minimum he should be charged with is attempting to pervert the course of justice. The father should also have the right to sue the sh*t out of him for the comments he allegedly made regarding the minor. I know its not America but it is long past time that ordinary people can protect their reputation and that of their families.

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Nothing proven against the girl(s)'s claims, and the father getting jail or a heavy fine for assault.

Those would be my predictions if the social media pressure eases off.

I wonder how this can be the case if the initial OP is correct, as it was reported that the rape claim had failed to be recorded for both of the victims?

IMO, CSD need to get involved as Sangwan Sitthipanya should not be allowed to get away with only resigning. Minimum he should be charged with is attempting to pervert the course of justice. The father should also have the right to sue the sh*t out of him for the comments he allegedly made regarding the minor. I know its not America but it is long past time that ordinary people can protect their reputation and that of their families.

The defamation laws are quite strong in Thailand, so he can definitely sue for defamation.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

But evidently no reason is believed that they will be needed... so why set-up the team?

Obviously this is a reminder to some in the Saraburi police force that they are being watched and cannot brush this one under the carpet!

You want to bet?

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

a 12 year old girl.

regards worgeordie

I think the role of the 16 year old girl needs to be researched very well to maybe find out what really is going on in this case.

It smells to high heaven.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

a 12 year old girl.

regards worgeordie

Imagine if social media did not exist. There would never be charges and the police officer asking about organism and calling her a slut would still be in charge. 

My hat is off to the dad for pushing forward and fighting for his daughter.  Hope she recoveries and those responsible are punished. 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

'Kind of a slut,' Saraburi official calls girl, 12, alleging gang rape

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__11641096-696x522.jpg

Police on Wednesday investigate a shop in Saraburi province where a 12-year-old girl was alleged to be gang-raped.

SARABURI — A government official in Saraburi province resigned Wednesday after footage emerged of him trying to convince a 12-year-old girl into saying she was not gang-raped.

Sangwan Sitthipanya, a top local administrator, was pressured into resigning following the release of the clip one day after the victim’s father accused him of discouraging him from reporting the alleged assault of his daughter by five teen boys.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/12/19/kind-of-a-slut-saraburi-official-calls-girl-12-alleging-gang-rape/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-19

Actually quite sickening what the guy asked & said.

Father of the child did well not to beat him to death.

Of course, defamation laws (calling your raped child a slut) don't work here if the person doing the defaming is far higher up the rung of the social strata ladder than you.

If this govt, from top to local council, and the top echelons of the police force had any compassion, cojones, morals and ethics, they would be on this like a ton of bricks.

Make an example of the perps and the guy trying to make it all go away.

But nah, Justice is a two sided sword here.

One very blunt & slow (rich)

One very sharp and quick (poor)...

Filthy country animals those boys and their families. I watched this news with my wife this morning, and I shudder to think of how I'd have to kill each of those boys with my bare hands if any laid a finger on my child.  Utter fools these country bumpkins are in their saving face ways.  

Disgusting attitude in Thailand towards women, all women. They are only objects to be used, never respected. Makes me puke. The Thai culture of always blaming the victim is beyond pathetic. I've always thought that the death penalty for rape, especially rape of children, was a good idea. These scum don't deserve the right to breath.

There really are a load of scumbags living and breathing in Thailand now.

From the 5 scumbag boys that are brought up by ( probably influential ) scumbag parents that allow them to think its perfectly OK to gang rape a 12 year old lass, to the scumbag Police that did not want to press charges, to the scumbag Official that was forced to resign over his absolutly disgusting remarks made about the poor girl.

LOS _ Land of Scumbags. This Country gets more depraved by the day.

55 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

LOS _ Land of Scumbags. This Country gets more depraved by the day.

I suspect its always been the same. In the modern world of Social Media and Thai Visa everyone gets to here about it. This disgusting behaviour, its just the tip of the iceberg, this sort of thing and much worse goes on all over the world every day. I am surprised that people get shocked by it, as if its a rare occurance that only happens in Thailand.

After reading the fathers posts on Facebook, watching all the videos, I feel like the article misses out a lot. I will try to translate/explain what has happened so far based upon what the father has said.

He got a call that his daughter had been raped while he was in Saraburi, but the 5 kids had been rounded up and discussions were taking place. The local administrator in question is a relative of either all 5 kids or some of the kids involved and started to negotiate the price to make the problem go away his offer started at 30,000 but he reduced it to 10,000baht.

The father said he didn't care about the money, he will report it to the police and make sure the kids are punished for what they've done. The local administrator called the girl over to sit on his lap and in the video you can hear him asking her questions such as "how were you walking that made you get raped?" "how many of the boys ejaculated while raping you?" and other ******* stupid questions.  The reason the administrator is under so much attack is due to: 1. Attempting to pay to make the problem go away. 2. Asking the girl disrespectful/rude questions. 3. Saying it isn't rape if the male didn't ejaculate. 

A fight broke out when the father and his friends attacked the kids and supposedly one of the parents - unfortunately the local administrator wasn't attacked.

The police were witness to all of that as you can see them standing by in the videos doing nothing, and refused to accept the report - later stating they didn't know a rape had been committed (despite listening to everything the girl and administrator said). 

The police called the father of victim and pleaded with them to not make a report, as they were worried about the future of the boys. 

After the father uploaded videos of this along with an explanation of the situation it went viral, which is the reason why police are now taking action. Could you imagine if someone hadn't took a video? Or if the father didn't post on Facebook? This would of literally been ignored.

Now to the other girl in question, who has been accused of setting the rape up. The father uploaded a video interviewing her. The girl had been dating a guy online, and planned to meet him in person. She didn't feel comfortable going alone so took the 12 year old girl with her as support, the guy took them in front of the 20baht shop (where the rape was committed), and told them to wait there as he has something to do then he will comeback. After he went, both girls were dragged into the shop and both raped. Apparently there were 8ish people present - the son of the owner who was working there although he didn't take part in the rape, he sat playing games on his phone while 7 of his friends raped the girls. 

The number of the boys who took part in the rape is unclear as the girl says in the video that they turned off the lights and shut up the shop, so she couldn't see clearly.

This is all the information that the father has posted so far.

Archived