Grass wont grow?

Batty

Is there anything I can do about my crappy grass? I laid it 10 months ago, started off ok but now looking a bit naff.  I put some fertalizer pellets on it, possibly the wrong ones and too much i jist grabbed a bag from big c that looked like it might be the right stuff. Last week i threw down some fresh soil on top. Been watering every day. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

IMG20181219132640.jpg

Might be the time of year. My front lawn is also looking a bit manly despite feeding and daily watering.

One problem is that the clay soil dries out after a long period without rain. It then begins to crack. If I water the lawn it just drains into the cracks and runs down to the water table. Grass only gets a little of the water.

Back garden is ok looking very lush.

I’ve got 2 huge lawns with the same type of grass and they’re going ok. I would suggest not adding fertilizer but let nature do her thing. Water daily out of rainy season. You can’t help the sun - so it may be that it’s just not in a great location if it’s overshadowed.

it looks like it didn’t take very well when it was laid. Did you lay it or did you have it done by a grass company? However- it’s still there and it WILL grow - but I think it will just take time. Don’t do anything to it - just leave it and bear with for a few months.

FCDA8C48-23BC-420A-819D-02FB2C1592B9.jpeg

The grass is never greener on the other side?

I always wanted a house with Green grass beautiful lawn but found it tough if not impossible unless you really work at it.  After ripping it out a number of times and putting in new stuff, the dogs would dig it up, then there were the snakes, the cost and time to cut it then water constantly I finally replace the majority of the area with red brick and fake grass the best thing I ever did! looks and feels real!  That was my solution.

It's this time of year...Very wet ground and the grass is dormant probably... I have the same grass and at the moment it's fairly thinned out...If you really want to, just get a few bags of potting mix and spread it over the area concerned, (Not too thick) Leave it about three weeks and when you see it matting again, a light fertilize with Urea will do the trick...make sure you water the Urea in well. Other than that, it needs sun.

16 minutes ago, vsigrist said:

It seems you are using Malaysia grass, and there may possibly be better grass types for your ground. We order cow poopoo from a nearby farmer 2 or 3 times a year, and this is the result. We live in Chiang Mai.

Rasen.jpg

Cow poo poo ?  Looks ok but how does it smell ?

...or too much sun. Malaysian grass prefers 50/50 sun and shade. 

Are you using bore water or town water? I'm not sure where you live, but our lawn can look a bit ratty in the dry season. It comes good once we start to get a bit of natural rain.

Archived