Transit Authority To Look Into New BTS Wheelchair Ramp To Nowhere

webfact

Transit Authority To Look Into New BTS Wheelchair Ramp To Nowhere

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

48366244_10205075278117851_4672675219750

Photos: Ahmel Al-Sharif / Facebook

SAMUT PRAKAN — Less than two weeks after a slew of new BTS stations opened in southeast metro Bangkok, netizens pointed a glaring oversight at one of them – an inaccessible wheelchair access ramp.

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand said Wednesday it would investigate why a ramp connects an elevator at the new BTS Sai Luat’s No. exit 2 to absolutely nothing Wednesday, drawing ridicule online.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2018/12/19/transit-authority-to-look-into-new-bts-wheelchair-ramp-to-nowhere/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-19

All it would take is a bit common sense,in this case

and others its in very short supply,all it needed was

to have some electrical cable running through it,to

up there with some of the best cock ups in Thailand.

regards worgeordie

An interesting example of multi-level incompetence: (1) the design work (assuming that's not an inflated concept) (2) the clueless efforts of those who awarded the contract, who probably saw neither the design work nor the actual site  (3) the works manager (if there was such a thing) who set the workers to work (4) the workers who did exactly what they were told, without demur.

Thus idiocy (and no doubt other factors) filters down from on high and ends in do-nothing passivity at the bottom of the heap.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, mercman24 said:

did you see that wheelchair ramp the other day, it was a 1 in 1 gradient,

I don't know this specific ramp, in the picture doesn't seem difficult, I'm wheelchair bound and used many times other BTS ramps, I can easily go up. The real nuisance is that the lift is not available until an assistant comes down to take me, so when it rains I get soaked before the assistant arrives

Archived