Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 April 2019 11:16
bbi1

Smog in Pattaya

Recommended Posts

Agreed visibility at my place hasn't improved much if at all   but PM 2.5 is down to about 60 indoors now ( according to my  un-calibrated and unknown accuracy measuring stick )

+ I'm a bit  south of Pattaya (proper) in the "sticks" of  Na-Jomtien 😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah today was bad, around 170 AQI in my area. 

 

I have a dry cough that got worse , could feel it on my health today.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thick again this morning. The view from my condo is very unpleasant and does not encourage me to go out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pattaya is East or Northeast of the biggest industries in Thailand - in Rayong it is petro-chemicals/plastics and aromatics - at present the Northeasterly winds prevail so any pollution - and there is a lot! - gets wafted over to places like Pattaya and all points in between.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, is xiaomi the best air purifier for a good price available as any single xiaomi product ?

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

Pattaya is East or Northeast of the biggest industries in Thailand - in Rayong it is petro-chemicals/plastics and aromatics - at present the Northeasterly winds prevail so any pollution - and there is a lot! - gets wafted over to places like Pattaya and all points in between.

 

And mix in the substantial pollution from the extremely heavy traffic running day and night. I stand in befuddled amazement on Central Road sometimes and wonder where all the vehicles are going. Where did they come from? What are they doing? Why is there bumper to bumper traffic all day long for such a small city?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Where did they come from?

Friday evening to Sunday evening they come from Bangkok..they seem to like to drive around stuck in traffic like they do in BKK...its got worse and worse since "the great BKK flood"

a few years ago

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johng said:

Friday evening to Sunday evening they come from Bangkok..they seem to like to drive around stuck in traffic like they do in BKK...its got worse and worse since "the great BKK flood"

a few years ago

It's a bit less now than it was in it's hayday when Central opened. That time it truly was "BKK by the sea". Still, the traffic is bad any given weekend.

 

They seem to be heading more south now and with the new road will likely bypass Pattaya altogether. Can't wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They seem to be heading more south now and with the new road will likely bypass Pattaya altogether. Can't wait.

Yes I agree the traffic on Sukhumvit  heading towards Sathahip has increased massively too,

the new  motorway should help dump them out just south of my place at Bahn Amphur or they can carry on going (hopefully)  to U-tapoa or Sathahip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pollution in Pattaya tends to be particularly bad during the high season when most visitors come to Thailand.  However, maybe it is not such a big issue for the Chinese or those with limited choice?  I would think most westerners with disposable income levels would consider other destinations where their health would not be affected by the pollution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, champers said:

My Thai girlfriend assures me that all the pollution in Thailand is a result of extraordinary volcanic activity in Indonesia and it is volcanic ash blown over here from over there that is causing the problem. So now you know.

Thanks for the laughs lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Thick again this morning. The view from my condo is very unpleasant and does not encourage me to go out.

Much better now , it helps with a light breeze.   

 

34 (97 AQI)  not bad after the last few days. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...