BANGKOK 22 April 2019 21:00
bbi1

Smog in Pattaya

why complain?  everyone knows there is pollution, but everyone still comes.

not complain after you already know there is pollution?

get some beers, girls, cigarettes, and 10,000 baht..... and remember why you came.    soon people will complain because they everything isn't in English........

Naw mate you're not correct, many who have been in the same house in the same area for many years and can see and smell the escalation of pollution over the years.

Almost all the houses in my country area used to have orange roof tiles, and like mine after a dozen years, they are now black.

Fortunately, today we are now getting that northern wind which is both cooling and refreshing

Anyone deep in Naklua? Say around the fish market. Has it been smoggy there too? 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

1000s of Half filled Buses in Pattaya is killing the city.. Pollution is bad.. 9 years ago the coaches where hundreds now it's Thousands..

Off-topic post reported and removed.

On 1/24/2019 at 7:43 AM, johnnybgood said:

My relocation reasons keep piling up year on year...........

IMHO I doubt if these locals have the mindset to ever ever reduce this pollution.   

Funny I always thought I'd go home with some exotic decease... not a  respiratory decease.

Received this from my medical insurance company.

Its odd. All the other reasons which others cite, I have happily brushed aside as minor irritations at worst, but this one might turn out to be a game changer.

16 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Naw mate you're not correct, many who have been in the same house in the same area for many years and can see and smell the escalation of pollution over the years.

Almost all the houses in my country area used to have orange roof tiles, and like mine after a dozen years, they are now black.

Fortunately, today we are now getting that northern wind which is both cooling and refreshing

I live in East Pattaya. All the roof tiles are still orange. My asthma (a lifelong condition) has not returned. I see no smog.

one needs to remember that not all pollution is visible - yes, it causes wonderful sunsets but it doesn't have to smell or even be visible in sunlight.

Pattaya is surrounded by industry.

• Like 1

I would guess that the Eastern Economic Corridor developments over the next 10 years will add to the pollution volume and its deteriorating effects on the environment. Which could mean Pattaya will have few if any of the advantages of a seaside resort and all of the downsides of industrial activities. A new Chinese outpost? Remember Sihanoukville. RIP. 

• Like 1

why complain?  everyone knows there is pollution, but everyone still comes.

not complain after you already know there is pollution?

get some beers, girls, cigarettes, and 10,000 baht..... and remember why you came.    soon people will complain because they everything isn't in English........
I don't drink or smoke.
My gf would object to me getting girls.
She also took my 10k.

But she brought me food. So all is good

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As typical, the wind changed direction before I got my AQI meter.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-261.93,12.36,3000

wind.JPG.75e758c6368494086d68d88fef4ca424.JPG

And magically the smog disappeared, I guess they don't have diesel cars on the sea (nor half a million burning fields, which is not the official truth so must not be spoken of).

• Like 1

Don't just blame the buses.....Pattaya is surrounded by heavy industries.

• Like 1

Today the air pollution is very bad again. Can't see any of the Ilands from my balcony and can smell the pollution as soon as opening the balcony door.

I'm curious to know, how many people here are wearing N95 masks every day or most days? If so, do you sometimes get some stupid smartass comments from uneducated Thai people (usually workers of some shop or motorcycle taxi) when you walk past like "this is not BKK" and they speak it in Thai?

N95 masks  (genuine ones) obtainable in Pattaya ?

A while ago it seems they were unavailable in Bangkok, Pattaya and many other cities.