Chiang Mai baht bus drivers criticized again by Thai media

webfact

Chiang Mai baht bus drivers criticized again by Thai media

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai media Sanook took a further swing against the infamous "Red Baht Bus" drivers of Chiang Mai.

The song thaew drivers were in the news earlier in the week when one wanted 600 baht to take well known Thai celebrity Guy Ratchanon just one kilometer down the road. 

His video-ed walk instead of being fleeced went viral on Thai social media. 

Yesterday Sanook said the red buses were up to no good again. 

They posted a video of a driver at the Chiang Mai International Airport having a go at security guards after he was clamped. 

The driver was immobilized after being in a waiting area too long. 

He complained that he was being singled out for action and at one point pushed an official. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-21

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

He complained that he was being singled out for action and at one point pushed an official. 

more of the deny,deny,deflect tactics thais seem to prefer; apparently he didnt believe the rules applied to him and resorted to violence; primitive

I don't see an issue with Red Songteaw drivers.  It sounds like a khun hiso superstar is keeping the pot stirred.  Dude.  The driver charged you 600 THB because he didn't want to deal with a self-righteous, over-blown, superstar with an attitude.

15 hours ago, connda said:

I don't see an issue with Red Songteaw drivers.  It sounds like a khun hiso superstar is keeping the pot stirred.  Dude.  The driver charged you 600 THB because he didn't want to deal with a self-righteous, over-blown, superstar with an attitude.

I'll take a wild guess - all assumptions and no evidence in your statement.

6 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I'll take a wild guess - all assumptions and no evidence in your statement.

probably based on his personal experiences with them. I too believe there's something missing in the actor's story.

I don't use the ted buses much as I prefer my car. But in the few occasions I used them I never had any problems. I once had to take an approximately 20 minutes drive and only had a 1000 baht note (the ride was 20 baht). The driver didn't have change so I asked him to wait a couple of minutes so I can break the note and pay him. He just said 'mai pen rai' and drove away.

Yes sounds like the celebrity accidentally "chartered" the cab rather than just stating a destination waiting to see whether it was a  yes or a no and then  getting in and paying the 20 baht on arrival. OK sometimes this way you go the "pretty" route as he tries to pick up more fares en route: but at that price you can't complain.

Archived