Beach vendors trained in CPR

Rimmer

Beach vendors trained in CPR

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya-area beach vendors learned the basics of first aid and CPR in a lesson taught by Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

About 440 beach chair vendors, masseuses and other sellers from Pattaya, Jomtien, Cozy, Wong Amat and Yimyom beaches joined the Dec. 12 workshop.

Hospital instructors taught emergency first response techniques including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of automatic external defibrillators used in cases of heart attack or heart failure as a result of drowning and other accidents.

Responding to a request from city hall officials, the beach vendors also pledged to keep their beaches clean and safe to promote a positive image among tourists.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-21

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Now they can react should a customer collapse after getting an extortionate bill!!

Not so sure about that. There may be pricing options like "short time" or "long time".

Jokes aside; this is well intentioned and if this training saves just one life then the lessons have been worth it.

10 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Not so sure about that. There may be pricing options like "short time" or "long time".

Jokes aside; this is well intentioned and if this training saves just one life then the lessons have been worth it.

Totally agree . This post should be applauding the Bangkok Hospital for its positive and proactive training . Further more a nation wide TV instruction video would also help to save lives and every hotel should have a qualified CPR person . The UK ran a CPR advert for a couple of years using the well know footballer & now actor Vinnie Jones .   Have you ever found yourself in a position of looking at a drowned person and not knowing what to do and just be part of the crowd of onlookers ? It happened to me as an onlooker but I nervously applied CPR to a drowned man until the ambulance arrived . He survived but to the extent of his health I do not know . Very upsetting event and I was mentally and physically exhausted .

Archived